HTC Hima (One M9) may be unveiled at a dedicated event, outside of CES and MWC
1. Micah007 (Posts: 254; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)
If what up leaks is reporting is true, I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to this.
4. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Why not? It has pretty much all high end hardware. I am just wondering. However, I'm excited for the camera if that's true.
11. Micah007 (Posts: 254; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)
Battery could be a bit bigger. I was at least hoping for 5.2 inch or at the most 5.5 inch. If not at least another 5.5 inch model but sadly the chances of that seem slim. And although QHD is still raw, I'm a forward thinking man. Would have been sweet to see HTC tame QHD.
13. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I'm agree with you on the battery... that is a bit weak. I think screen size is okay and will be acceptable for a lot of people. My Z2's 5.2" screen is just a bit too big for my one hand use. But once again, that's personal preference. I think HTC should stick with 1080p if they are putting such small battery. There is no need to have a beautiful display to drain your battery that quickly. I had 4k tv for 2 weeks and I can't find any 4k content to watch on it beside some short youtube video. 4K is 2 year down the road IMO and internet speed needs to improve overall (cable and cellular) before the big push for 4k.
14. Micah007 (Posts: 254; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)
For me personally, I don't worry too much about one handed use. I usually find myself instinctively using two hands for operation on my 4.7 inch Droid, but as I said it's a personal preference. If they go with a small battery, then keeping QHD out is a wise choice. I think QHD is 2K, correct me if I'm wrong. I actually thought 2K resolution is beautiful, I'm actually starting to find more and more content for 2K which is great. Overall if HTC keeps the design of the M8 in the M9, I might bite the bullet and go for it. When I held the M8 in my hands the feeling was the best I've experienced from a smartphone.
26. Z3R091 (Posts: 86; Member since: 13 Apr 2014)
Just hoping they stick with front facing speaker and their premium design.
Also remove the logo. Seriously!
Come on, be next best camera phone.
2. Captain_Doug (Posts: 990; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I'm glad there will be a flasgship caliber phone with a 5 inch screen but they need to work on their bezel situation.
5. Captain_Doug (Posts: 990; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Sounds like that's taken care of with the 20.7mp sony camera that's supposed to be in this device. HTC has good image processing, just not great hardware(as far as cameras go). I'll be keeping an eye on this device for sure.
6. iLovesarcasm (Posts: 471; Member since: 20 Oct 2014)
Flagships should be 4.5 to 5 inch only.
9. Tritinum (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Can't agree with you anymore, Note series changed it all.
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 2022; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
htc now knows that it's not about competing with specs
8. hellbread (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Nov 2014)
I like what I red so far.
Just hope they will remove that ugly HTC black bar from bottom of the screen.
If they do probably it will be mu next phone.
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 2022; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
why does that bother you? in my opinion it looks great that its there and adds an appeal to the design
20. hellbread (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Nov 2014)
Well it makes phone overall biger. I liked it when controls were on it' like on m7.
Add all those bars together and you will get one huge bottom bezel. On screen controls + Htc bar + bottom bezel = probably around 4 cm together. :-)
10. bendgate (unregistered)
Just dont f**k up with camera this time.
15. RubenPhonearena (Posts: 8; Member since: 12 Dec 2014)
Finally HTC recogniced that the ULTRA-Pixel is Ultra s**t....
That was the reason i never would bought a HTC, finally i could be true, but Samsung S6 will be my next phone after my Top Performer : Galaxy S4 + (with Snapdragon 800)
16. Predator1701 (Posts: 108; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
I would like to see a Snapdragon 810, 3GB of RAM, 3300 mh battery, 20.7 mpx camera with OIS, 2560x1440 p on a 5.5' IPS display, at least 32GB of storage and all the rest of HTC goodies.
22. duartix (Posts: 287; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
Trully spoke like a megapixel wh0re.
I suggest you check out the real world in here:http://www.phonearena.com/news
May god have mercy on your batteries...
17. Tziggy14 (Posts: 441; Member since: 02 Sep 2014)
I don't like the way the camera is positioned in tbe back. It looks bland.
19. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Please don't bash ultra pixel,they perform great in low light. Just increase the mp in up. And battery not less than 3000 mah.
21. duartix (Posts: 287; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
Well they might as well use the opportunity and also ditch Sense.
24. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
If you don't like Sense you can get a launcher or a custom ROM. Most of my friends and I agree that Sense has the best looking UI.