Предзаказы на Galaxy S7 бьют рекорды везде, включая Россию. Но!!! Больше всего заказывают SGS7 EDGE - 64%, оставшиеся 36% SGS7— Eldar Murtazin (@eldarmurtazin) 1 март 2016 г.
Galaxy S7 edge more popular than S7, both tipped to break preorder record
1. dubaiboy78 (Posts: 151; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
Pre ordered my s7 edge titanium silver! Im so excited!!!
7. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 1130; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
I guess all the talk about edge being a gimmick has fallen to the wayside......... Lol
10. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Only with buyer of thats devices many others still find this as a gimmick and make the phone easier to break.
57. Hypergy (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Feb 2016)
Only idioits said that. Anyone with half a brain could tell curved edge screen makes a phone look better. How is making a phone looking better a gimmick...
14. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Yep it is a gimmick, but it is also useful if you actually buy it. It main usage? LOOKS!
The iPhone was praised for years solely on its looks, even though they looked OK; I didn't think they were all that cool looking until the 5S.
The S6 Edge and Edge+ are totally the most beautiful S models ever and no phone is goign to beat them. The S7 Edge doesn't beat those models. Its more like a tie.
You can say the "edge", "edged" out the "edge".
51. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
The launch of a new iPhone immediately makes the handset you splashed hundreds of pounds on just 12 months ago out-of-date.
The first iPhone 5 model was discontinued just 12 months after Apple described it as ‘the most beautiful product they had ever made.’
The Apple launch may be the most overhyped event of the year but that won’t stop us all going out and buying the new iPhone 6.
65. miket1737 (Posts: 2541; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
What are you talking about? Apple absolutely did not discontinue the iPhone 5 1 year after it was released lol...... stop spewing utter crap man
59. talon95 (Posts: 546; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I think it's still not really worth it. And nothing they couldn't add to a flat screen. I pre-ordered the edge for the screen size and battery. I wish it was flat, reflections and distortion spoils the image at the edges.
13. vladimir86 (Posts: 85; Member since: 15 Oct 2011)
Its a good phone men. Already got mine. https://mega.nz/#!tVlEzDxK!hZ6
15. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Can you do an Antutu test without power save mode turned on? Because in videos I seen, the phone het 131,000+ on Antutu.
17. vladimir86 (Posts: 85; Member since: 15 Oct 2011)
Hi it was with out power save mode , the screen is fantastic. Probably one of the most fastest phone a ever had but nexus 6p with custum room is a beast also....camera is wonderful 6p its nat even close. Waiting for g5 to get my hand on it ;)
64. medtxa (Posts: 1133; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I just realized the edge is only 5 gram heavier.
72. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 441; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I was on the fence about the s7 edge titanium silver, but I've own nothing but large phones since the Note 2 and thought I change it up for a year or two. The real world benefits that I thought I would gain with a larger screen phone just didn't pan out based on what I use my device for. So I settled for the Black Onyx s7.
2. zeeBomb (Posts: 2095; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
Check out displaymate PA...the s7 display continues to get better.
5. GreenMan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
Well, The S7 Edge certainly has more appeal & class than its non-edgy sibling...
But both are great... No wait... Both are FANTASTIC... To be used as "paper weights", I'm afraid...
(Sarcasm at its finest, anyone?)
8. phonearenarocks (Posts: 360; Member since: 26 Mar 2015)
Believe iPhone 6s Plus will be a better option.
Heard that many people who bought it in the hype are now using it as paper weight, only to avoid being called as weirdos.
49. saif2711 (Posts: 69; Member since: 22 Feb 2016)
I own the iphone 6s plus and it's certainly better than the s6 edge owned by a friend of mine
54. xondk (Posts: 1388; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
elaborate on this perhaps? what makes it better?
62. saif2711 (Posts: 69; Member since: 22 Feb 2016)
Hardware-wise you could argue both the phones are more or less the same but the smooth user interface of the iphone is quite ahead of the touchwiz of s6 edge and the 3D touch is another welcome advantage of the iphone.Yes the edge factor is in favour of the s6 edge but it's still a very young concept.
71. xondk (Posts: 1388; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Hardware wise sgs6 is superior from the facts alone last I checked, that said iPhone isn't really behind.
As for interface experience, people keep saying that about iphone and I guess it is subjective, or maybe its related to interface response time? I've never felt the difference when using iPhones, and without wanting to insult everyone that enjoys iPhones it seems a highly subjective thing.
As for 3D touch, well, pressure sensitivity has been there for ages, contextual information in an iPhone is nice though, but I think it is that more then the pressure stuff itself people enjoy, because well it gives the iphone interface a much needed 'quick' menu, something which has been due to being able to arrange your android home screen however you like, present on android for ages?
Don't get me wrong, people should use what product they enjoy the most, but the whole argument (from both side for that matter in terms of iOS vs android) that something 'feels' better, arguing over what 'feels' better is to me like arguing over if which food you enjoy the most...it depends highly on you, and just because someone else likes something else doesn't mean you are wrong in what you like, or that anyone should force you to eat something you don't want to.
60. Hypergy (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Feb 2016)
Im a note guy so waiting on the Black Note 6 myself.
9. ph00ny (Posts: 1234; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I may get my wife an S7E to replace her Note 4
12. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
When the original models were released last year, Samsung blew the chance for the Edge model to be sold in huge numbers. They didn't expect the Edge model to be as popular as the regular model and JK Skin was scolded for it and it cost him his job. Well, he still has the same job; but he isn't doing the releases.
Also considering the production for the Edge was slow too due to production issues which caused Samsung to bring in a 3rd company to make the panels, but at that point it was too late.
Consider the IP68 rating, a slightly better camera (IMO), return to expanded storage and so much more.
Unlike the iPhone, even though these models resemble last year models, under the casing is huge distinct differences that actually make it a beneficial upgrade even if you have any of the S6 models.
Guess I will get on eBay and see, because I want to get the S6 Edge+ again...or maybe I will get the 128GB S6 Edge model. But I love the larger one more.
The S7's are nice, but I am not buying a phone with SnapDragon. Qualcomm lied and I am going to punish them by not buying any device with their hardware
46. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Confused which one to buy. Vivo5 with 6gb Ram or S7Edge. Definitely the Exynos. And not the crappy Snapdragon.
16. kevin97 (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Mar 2016)
The reason why the S7 Edge is more popular than S7 is NOT the curved screen, but the battery size, which is a full 20% bigger than the S7 and also larger than any Note series and even larger than S6 Active. There is a huge demand for good battery life in 2016, people cannot be fooled with slim designs and measly batteries.
This is where LG got it completely wrong with the G5. If they would have made the phone thicker and the battery larger (like 3300 mAh), the design would loose the ugly back humps and gain a big battery, it would be a real winner.
The S7 Edge is also very slim, screen to body ratio is over 76% and that's why it can be seen as having a larger screen without increasing the overall bulk of the phone, increasing overall demand.
Another reason why the S7 and S7 Edge are in such high demand is that last year it was a very bad year for mobile, and the Snapdragon 810 and 808 were mostly failures, battery sizes were small and basically it was a stagnating year. This year the need to upgrade is higher because of the Snapdragon 810 fiasco.
All in all, both S7 and S7 Edge are extremely polished phones lacking very little in the way of features, quality and design.
19. tedkord (Posts: 11629; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I doubt it. Most smartphone buyers buy on looks, and don't even know what the battery size is. I checked them out at the Verizon store, they didn't even list the battery size in the specs.
30. TerryTerius (Posts: 1780; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Again, techies make the mistake of assuming the world is like them. The average person most certainly is not.
53. HouTexan (Posts: 439; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Facts. I really don't see how people still don't get this.
22. tech2 (Posts: 3455; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Agreed with your first para.
The only reason I went for S7 Edge was because of gigantic battery. If both phones had offered the same battery. I would've gone for regular S7.
61. torr310 (Posts: 839; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I am with you for the larger battery on the Edge. I would not consider it if the S7 has the same size of battery and also $100 cheaper.
36. xocomaox (Posts: 134; Member since: 14 Dec 2015)
I bought it because the screen was larger AND that it had the superior battery size. So I agree with your reasoning, but I don't think most people are like us, lol.
I still consider the edges somewhat of a gimmick, but it does have some usefulness with the features I was playing with in the store.
18. Trakker (Posts: 283; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
I still see the edge as nothing but a gimmick to show off to other people so I'm going for the standard S7 that will be easier to protect in a case.
20. tedkord (Posts: 11629; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The wife wants a regular S7, in gold (yuck). I'm waiting for the Note 6.
25. joeytaylor (Posts: 443; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
I thought the gold was pretty sweet looking in person
32. tech2 (Posts: 3455; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Dunno about the S7 but my wife has S6 in gold. I thought it was pretty gaudy as well until I saw it in person. Samsung calls it 'platinum gold' and it actually almost looks likes silver at times. The gold is hardly visible.
See it in person.
43. joeytaylor (Posts: 443; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
My thoughts exactly. ...the renders make it look horrible. ...in person at first i thought it was the silver
55. tedkord (Posts: 11629; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I did. I just don't like it. But she does, and it's her phone, so gold it is.
21. carlemillward (unregistered)
Was the same last year S6 Edge > Flat S6. Although 600mAh battery may be more to do with it.
23. sissy246 (Posts: 994; Member since: 04 Mar 2015)
But the edge on the s7 does do more then it did on the edge s6
33. Cicero (Posts: 870; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Marshmallow is present/coming to S6 Edge/+ and will be not so big differences in edge functionality.
24. ChowMein (Posts: 76; Member since: 01 Jan 2015)
The reason I would go for the edge is the bigger battery
74. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 441; Member since: 26 May 2011)
That's the only practical reason to do so.
26. nctx77 (Posts: 1961; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
We've heard this same song for the past 3 years. "Samsung breaks preorder record" or "sales are through the roof". 2 months later, Samsung announces profits are in the tank primarily because of low phone sales on the highend. This year will be no different!!
67. j2001m (Posts: 2941; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Problem last year, preorders was good, they all need gold edge with 64gb In the uk, hm, no stock, so Samsung lost sales and so on, also way to many unsold 128gb phones cut into there sales big time, also did all the normal s6 not sold phones
27. Arschsalat (banned) (Posts: 158; Member since: 29 Feb 2016)
I prefer the normal s7 because of Size =)
And same Batterysize as the Note 5 with only 5,1" Display
31. therealestmc (Posts: 316; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I have the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and it's not worth getting the new phone for me. In fact o will probably leave Samsung and go with the new Apple iPhone 7 when it comes due to Samsung delay update. It just take too long for Samsung to update its flagship phones for my taste.
34. Arschsalat (banned) (Posts: 158; Member since: 29 Feb 2016)
hahahaha have fun with this lowtech phone ,and pay 740€ for the updates :D
37. rubyonrails3 (Posts: 266; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
Which phone have 3D touch? lowtech or next tech ;)
56. tedkord (Posts: 11629; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well, based on what I heard from users of the 3D Touch phone when "peek and pop" debuted on the GS4 four years ago, gimmick tech.
38. shnibz (Posts: 299; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
I went for the regular S7...simply because i gotta save them extra sheckles. I would have gone for the edge otherwise
47. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Couldn't you wait another month or so? Be patient.
39. MDave (Posts: 115; Member since: 09 Apr 2015)
I very much prefer the regular S7, both in size and the flat screen. Sticking with my S6 for now though.
42. jeroome86 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Like it better too. I hear it doesn't feel natural in the hands. Edge model that is. Note 5 had right idea with back side edge. The regular S7 should feel great now.