Galaxy S6 might come in Q2 with aluminum chassis and side-sloping display
2. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3723; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Why not? Q2 starts April 1st. The S5 came in the last week of March, but every previous Galaxy S model released in Q2.
4. Aploine (Posts: 426; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
You're right, I just can't wait. The roumored curving looks not to have any functional meaning like on N4Edge, though
7. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3723; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I hear ya. I'm curious too. I have a feeling that they don't plan on holding back this time around.
8. Aploine (Posts: 426; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
I wouldn't trade removable battery for a unibody
9. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3723; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I agree. My Note 4 feels just as solid as any unibody phone I've played with.
5. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
I wonder when someone gets a pacemaker or an insulation, do they request for an aluminium unit??
11. shaineql (Posts: 352; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Does it really matter ?
I moved from S5 to M8 , biggest regret of my life.
M8 Has literaly 0 features compared to S5 , so yeah id Rather have plastic BUT WATERPROOF device than metal device that has no more features than iphone.
13. simpleas (Posts: 196; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
HAHAHHAAHHA, i laught cause one of my girls bought the M8 as opposed to the S5 and is regretting every day.
15. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I bought Z2 and I have 0 regret :P I'm not a power user so I really don't need that much features. But I'm loving the waterproof feature.
25. EC112987 (Posts: 669; Member since: 10 Nov 2014)
The M8 doesn't have the features but it's a great device.
30. gamblor77 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
You do know the S5 is waterproof too right? Don't get me wrong the Sony's are nice, well made phones but their screen and I'd even wager camera aren't nearly as good.
38. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
S5 is water resistance :P but either way it's still suit my need for water protection. However, my Z2 is an unlock phone from Taiwan that's why I like it. I can't stand carrier phones in the US now... I do have to say I'm happy with the screen and camera even though I think S5 has better screen. Nevertheless, this beast gets me through 2 days with one charge. Can't be more happy with that.
6. KinqElessaR (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Dec 2014)
Am I the only one who doesn't want Unibody chasis? I want removable battery.
12. shaineql (Posts: 352; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Wait and see , maybe sammy figures something out
17. KinqElessaR (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Dec 2014)
I hope. Because Sammy had always an advantage with their home screen, capacitive buttons, removable battery and microsd slot.
I don't care about metal or anything that removes that features. But if they do it without removing those it'll be epic. :D
34. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
what if it had a slide out battery like digital camera but charging port was on it and water tight seal
more important is front speakers
26. Jefski (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2014)
People need to stop ragging on Sammy because of them using plastic. Pretty much all cell phone users have cases on their phones. The select few that don't use cases are idiots that don't value their "baby"! I've got a Note 4 and I'd love to show off the metal frame but I'd rather keep it protected than having it broken. Can't tell you how many people I know with cracked screens and whatnot.
35. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
thats apple same body for 4 phones, ios for 8 years
19. Loubielou (Posts: 507; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
After Samsung finally release the Galaxy S6 with the double edge screen the Pundits will finally say Samsung as "The Edge" over the Others,Samsung let the Look of the Galaxy S5 down but just hope we finally really get an Amazing phone and Features that will shock the Pundits and take the pressure off Samsung
20. Rich123 (Posts: 34; Member since: 30 Oct 2014)
Good luck getting a screen protector for any phone with curved edges on both sides.
21. alouden (unregistered)
I had the same thought. But I am sure they will come up with a screen protector that protects all but the curved edges.
23. KinqElessaR (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Dec 2014)
It will be probably Corning Gorilla Glass 4. So I don't think you can scratch it easily.
And i'm not sure but if it's YOUM screen it can't be cracked right?
27. marcski07 (Posts: 598; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
yes it'll have, in fact it is easy, as far as i know there are bumper case and flip case that the only support are on just corners and open on side bottom and top. so there will be no problem to that.
36. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
why would it be a problem just wider, and foled screens have no need of glass
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I really hope its not true.
Metal = connection issues and easier breaking/denting of the phone. Screw the "premium feel", your gonna get a case for it anyways or your a fool.
Unibody = no removable case to change the battery and most likely no removable SD slot, 2 of samsungs continually stand out features.
Metal and unibody didnt work for HTC and a dozen others, its only worked on the iphone because it started that way.
24. KinqElessaR (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Dec 2014)
I don't understand when people saying "premium feel". If it's so premium material why do they use it with coke tin can?
I mean plastic might be cheap, but aluminum is cheap too. At least plastic works just fine.
But of course you can say it looks better with aluminum. But aluminum doesn't make it elite device.
If people want such a premium device i think they should get a titanium or some kind of precious metal instead of tin aluminum :D
32. Supraman21 (Posts: 321; Member since: 09 Jun 2010)
And how has it not worked for HTC?http://www.anandtech.com/show/
39. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Yea, and where does HTC sit on the sales chart?
29. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I'll wait for the NOTE V. KING OF BEASTLY PHONES. You guys keep complaining bout plastic now they are using a metal uni body wtf do u want from them?
31. DeusExCellula (Posts: 1085; Member since: 05 Oct 2014)
As long as there is no fricking sloping display.. Gods above, I dont want any edge crap
33. Rager722 (Posts: 319; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Only Samsung fan boys want removable battery, no one else cares about removable battery. Just look at HTC, LG and Apple, even Nokia!
37. diyi75 (Posts: 70; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
HTC, LG and Nokia barely make a profit, Apple is Apple. Samsung phones are for power users. As long as the battery remains removable, and the micro sd slot stays, I'm in.