Galaxy S5 back briefly shows up in a hands-on video, reveals mysterious area next to the LED flash
42. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
LOLLOLOLOLOL! just shut up and accept it!
samsung made another plastic phone! :P LOLOLOLOL!!!!
so much for all fan dreaming about glass or metal or fancy liquid metal ( which really doesnt make any sense)
AHH too funny. jokes on you! all samsung fans.
this year is going to be disappointing from all phone manufactures.
49. garlic456 (Posts: 151; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Same.... cheap.... plastic.... design..........
71. maherk (Posts: 798; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Well my note 3 has a tempered glass back, metal, carbon fiber and leather battery doors. I guess I ll take the removable plastic back any day.
103. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
carbon fiber? have u even held carbon fiber and know what it is and how it feel like? idiots! just saying material name without knowing a single thing about it. IDIOTS.
and please tell me where is the metal in samsung phone? the speaker might me the only thing purely made out of metal. even that i have doubt about knowing samsung love for plastic.
73. JoeDirt (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
AND white/silver, gold and black.... remind you of three colors released for the 5s? I personally find this hilarious.
81. wildfiregt (Posts: 89; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Do you want to mean that Apple started making black and white phones ?
85. JoeDirt (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
I'm saying the silver, gold and black lineup look hilariously like the three colors Apple rolled out with the 5s. I respect and applaud Sammy for a lot of what they do, but sometimes they try too hard to emulate Apple.
105. iTechies (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
actually, what do you know about the advantages of metal made phones against the plastic made ones?? metal made phones heats up worst than the plastic ones because metal is a good conductor of heat!, and by the way, plastic phones of much lighter so it would take less impact when you dropped it compared to metal ones(because it is heavier). plastic material is to reduce the weight, to make an accurate sensor, if they use metal and for an instance you want to know what is the temperature, the result may vary because of the metal body that is good conductor of heat. if samsung make the note 3 or other phones a metal material. the NFC and the air gesture might malfunction because of the metal body! so shut up and do something productivity in your life!
100. HossamKayed99 (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
It's the s5 and there is no news about the s4 neo so let us just hope that it is the s5
53. neops (Posts: 161; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Plastic = less expencive, thinner, lighter (think of falls), not so permanent markings, more flexible, removable backs/batteries, less signal interference, more ways to the finish approach.
62. ausnote2 (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
also plastic does not shatter like glass and is better for environment compare to metal.
i am sick of schoolboys and schoolgirls and ish@@p shouting for metal and glass when plastic is superior to metal and glass.
want your phone to look and feel good? use a high end case like i am currently using a slim armour case from spigen on my note 3 in ocean blue.
101. HossamKayed99 (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
I think plastic is the best because the battery will be removable and the removable battery is better than me the non removable one
99. Ashoaib (Posts: 1252; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
If this is S5 then not much change in design... just looking little more flatter than s4...
3. Astoni (Posts: 437; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
So no metal?, the plastic "metal" ring around the phone looks very plasticy even if the image is blurry :p. hopefully im wrong.
8. Finalflash (Posts: 1534; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Don't really care, metal is overrated, the plastic makes sure good signal reception and transmission. Good to know they still make phones for practicality and not just as faux jewellery.
12. Astoni (Posts: 437; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I would like a metal chassi or ring atleast since the plastic ring easily takes damage and is not as changeable as the back. but overall i don't have problem with the plastic and its nice to be able to change back for a cheap price to :p
32. Astoni (Posts: 437; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
you know that build quality is kinda in with the specs :p
Since a sturdy phone that dosen't get blemishes or scratches is a little nice than have to send it to repair :p.
56. Hyperreal (Posts: 126; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
real user experience > raw specs and gimmicks
98. wilsong17 (Posts: 777; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
63. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 30; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Your phone will be a case anyway so what does it matter?
18. fouadqr (Posts: 281; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
fanboy love everything from Samsung ..even if it was a Polystyrene S5 they will buy it .. XD
19. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5574; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
With an Otterbox case, metal won't be missed. Besides, the case preserves the sale value when it is time to upgrade to the new toy.
25. Astoni (Posts: 437; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
what sale value xD, all most android phones drop almost 50% in a year.. not including HTC, since they seem to have a higher resale value :p
65. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5574; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
One year after the Note 2 dropped on VZW, a 'mint' edition was valued at $280 on Gazelle. A 'good' edition was priced around $200 if memory serves. The Otterbox case cost me $40, so I was $40 ahead of the value of the Note 2 had I passed on the Otterbox.
69. darkkjedii (Posts: 10268; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Resale value is one of the main reasons I rock iPhones, and notes. I sold my ip5 for $420 on CL, and used that to cover the 5S.
83. Finalflash (Posts: 1534; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, but don't you buy higher memory models and hence, the 50% price tag you recovered a year after.
84. Astoni (Posts: 437; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
i don't think you understood, You can buy it NEW for 50%..
94. darkkjedii (Posts: 10268; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx for understanding what's up. Finalflash should understand that.
74. Astoni (Posts: 437; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I'm sorry droid but 280 isn sh*t compared to some countrys, where i'm from i pay more than 40% the price for the same phone you do (assuming your from the US?) so 280 is almost dirtcheap if its mint, and i would buy it just to have it..
48. Hyperreal (Posts: 126; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
haha srlsy? no signal reception issues on my htc one. plastic is not bad. I reallu like that on LGs nexus 5 or htc one x+. but plastic in samsung galaxy phones i the worst n shi**y stuff they could ever use its glossy, ugly and scratches alot. LOL
61. Astoni (Posts: 437; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
currently using Z1 it got a very thick metal frame and no microphone or anything on the outside. Supreme signal reception and sound recording. but i also think it has alot to do with the guys bad carrier :p.
52. androiphone20 (Posts: 1399; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Sometimes you just need to take a moment to appreciate the supreme build quality of a metal phone, something that's hard to do on a Samsung plastic phone so yeah, there's that.
66. Finalflash (Posts: 1534; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I have a metal phone right now and I don't know what all the fluff is about feeling metal. It is cold as hell in the morning and the reception on my S4 is better (both are good but S4 is better between the two). I just don't see the appeal of the metal alone unless it adds something meaningful to the phone. Because if it is for straight up aesthetics, then it better not harm any other function of the phone, and as I have seen with all metal phones I have access to (5s, PFI, HTC One) the signal is not as good as the S4 or even the older nexus 4 I have. To each their own though, I value functionality over aesthetics and so I prefer that which delivers slightly higher value in that regard.
76. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7619; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sometimes you just need a moment and stop trolling for one day.
64. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Yeah, yeah, sour grapes:))))) This is the biggest lemon from Shamshung up to now! LOL!
39. networkdood (Posts: 6260; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
You guys need to get over whether it is metal or plastic - be happy with the specs, the performance - buy a phone case/cover - END OF DISCUSSION!!
4. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
If its plastic once again they are shooting themselves in the heart.
31. tech2 (Posts: 1837; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Yeah and they also shot themselves in the heart last year as well when GS4 only sold 40 MILLION UNITS ! HIGHEST OF ANY ANY ANDROID PHONE EVERRRR !!
41. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Are we doing numbers game fanboy ?! Isn't this something all pathetic 'sammy' fanboys use to say to the pathetic apples fanboys when they were bragging the numbers game ?! 40 mil means absolutely fck all...well unless u want to say 40 mil of brainwashed people...how much was apples selling about the same right...or more...does that make the aiphone a better device ?!
P.s. when u want to quote numbers don't use phonearena...giiz
55. AstronautJones (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Yes, why use numbers, facts, and logic, when we can use loose insults and comments based on sketchy judgment and trolling?
57. tech2 (Posts: 1837; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
You've no idea what this conversation is about do you ?! Let me break it down for your peanut-brain:
His statement said 'shooting themselves in the heart' which means: to do or say something stupid which causes problems for YOU. - wiki
Now the only way a company could've caused problems for THEMSELVES by employing plastic would been by poor sales. As that is the only indicator that the consumer didn't like the built. As they didn't sell poor it is safe to say 'they didn't shoot themselves in the heart'.
Your argument would've been valid if he said IMO as its his opinion and choice, and sales don't matter there.
Stop being a little abnoxious biyatch, calling 40 mil people brainwashed. Seriously ?!
P.s.: if you're bothered to open the article and read, you'll find that those numbers are from Samsung. PA is only the reporter.
58. hurrycanger (Posts: 887; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Yep. Samsung shot itself in the heart... with money. :)
82. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Last year they was in a different position. The competition wasn't very hard. HTC released their first real good phone, LG just starting to look alright with G2, Sony got their best phone very very late in the year, Apple didn't do anything significant with 5S.
This year..... is a much different story. Many people realized the S4 actually lagged. Sony compact just got released in Europe, HTC will be stronger this year since people start notice them once again with positiveness, Sony will get their refresh out earlier and people know about Sony this time after Z1 success, Apple and LG will get something new and Apple WILL change quite a bit this time around.
If S5 will look the same and feel the same, they will drop consumers. S4 was a big disappointment in performance but not in sale. They simply out muscles Sony, LG and HTC. But I have no doubt Samsung will drop much in sale when they keep making laggy phones with tons of bloatware.
78. silencer271 (Posts: 149; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Only ones that care about plastic are isheep
5. cleat-glitch (Posts: 80; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
keeping it a...secret...man reach over and grab the thing
7. vtem97 (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
I think that this misterious thing is the irda tv conteoller
37. dratomic (Posts: 452; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
irda is on top. take a look at that dark round thingy other than headphones jack
10. geordie8t1 (Posts: 82; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
apart from the LED flash placement and that black part, plus the relocation of the 3.5mm jack and I.R blaster, it does not look much different to the s4 faux leather edition they have just released, i hope there is more to the build of this s5 then just a new feel and design tweak.
cant wait till tomorrow evening to see, i know you cant really tell but it looks like not a great change, and considering the front is mainly screen and not much else i really hope this is a different device.
20. hateftotti (Posts: 135; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I think you are right ;)
11. jexxx (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Don't think it's the galaxy s5. Doesn't look water proof.
The back plate material looks good, doesn't seem like plastic to me.