Galaxy Note 3 might still sport unbreakable YOUM display, Samsung management with a month to decide
3. someones4 (Posts: 618; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
i can only get a note 3 by year end if at all. Really hope that they will have a nice version of it available then.
An important lesson in buying gadgets is to hold out until the better versions come along
7. aditya.k (Posts: 455; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
''...hold out until the better versions come along.'' infinite wait!
New things keep on coming, you buy what's best then!
8. Commentator (Posts: 2291; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Not if you buy the very last one that's released before your death / the end of the world.
Who wouldn't die happy knowing they have the latest and greatest in mobile technology?
20. a_merryman (Posts: 603; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Normal people? If I'm on my deathbed, one of the very last things I'm going to think is "Thankfully I have the latest and greatest in mobile technology!"
4. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
please wow us Samsung, I for one is anxiously waiting, proper Octa/Mali plus YOUM display will blast everything out of the water
5. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Im completely ignoring any more rumors with device. First you said it would have a screen like this, then you said it wouldnt and now your saying it might. Make your mind up!!
6. mottykels (Posts: 364; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Flexible display is a great innovation but imagine if you're gonna use this a phone? Its so wierd and uncomfortable MAYBE.
10. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
There is nothing wierd about flexible display, it will feel and look the same like other phone, the only different is the screen will be more durable (not unbreakable) than normal display
9. Topcat488 (Posts: 1108; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Samsung Alway waits for LG to come out first... If it was announced that LG will definitely bring out their unbreakable screen "yesterday" for example, then Samsung would announce that theirs will be coming out "today".
Samsung only pushes innovation when they're under pressure.
14. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
its other way around..
if samsung announced something lg comes in between and makes some half baked stuff...
21. justsayit (Posts: 153; Member since: 09 May 2013)
remember, screen quality is better than any thing
more durable ,
just put a dragontail glass
was very durable
11. KiranPAUSER (Posts: 73; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Flexible displays will not be much success with phones but it will be hugely popular with wearable devices.
12. AfterShock (Posts: 2036; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Like other models they make, it'll come in a few variants, which leaves a bitter taste for some.
Its beginning to look like KD section at market, which version do you want while only giving spirals or white chess variants to certain markets an not others that want them.
13. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2288; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
That's why Sammy is a leader, it's aggressive, fast and customer friendly with leading technology.
15. number29 (Posts: 184; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Won't they also need to develop flexible glass coverings for these displays? It would seem to me (anecdotally) that the biggest point of failure on a modern smartphone is the glass display covering. So surely a flexible display is rather meaningless when the glass covering it is still just as easy to scratch and break as before?
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6115; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's what I've been waiting fir! YOUM.
18. pyradark (Posts: 737; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
So the screen doesnt break, then the others parts break, so whats the point!!!
19. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Flexible display will help Samsung fragile design construction a lot in terms of durability, it will be better than Gorila Glass 3 on S4.
But i’m 100% sure it’s not unbreakable.
22. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1044; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Will it still have fragile gorilla glass 3 for a front panel though?
23. 1113douglas (Posts: 182; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
please please please! before apple comes up with a way to use it, and sue you for it.
24. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
neither gorilla nor dragontrail won´t cut. Glass is easy to shatter no matter what. Look at saphire glass used in watches. Hard to scratch, easy to break (although I wratched mine). Plastic? Just the opposite. Maybe they should develop sratch resistant plastic one.