First LG G3 camera samples get compared with the Galaxy S5, One M8, Note 3, and iPhone 5s
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4497; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Not too shabby. Looking quite decent. Can't wait to see a review soon.
4. Finalflash (Posts: 1944; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, it looks very nice IMO. But they need to reference with a control which should be a DSLR or something because otherwise it is just a resolution test.
3. Xenaz (Posts: 107; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Again, no dedicate camera as reference, pointless comparison.....
6. rjmlive (Posts: 49; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Obviously very careful to leave out the best mobile camera in the world.
7. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
that m8 looked pretty bad, i take way too many pictures to rely on a beautiful design aka another iphone
8. Trex95 (Posts: 572; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
I zoomed every single photo of these phones to 120% and I found that G3 it's an decent camera but unfortunately not the best.
1- note 3
2- IPhone 5S (indoor low light the best)
3- G3 (indoor low light not great at all)
4- M8( over all great performance for 4MP camera plus the level of details even with zoom still not bad at all, S5 great performance but not with white balance).
28. sergiobr (Posts: 435; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
My Note 3 still the best in good light ! Look at this G3 photo ...http://i.imgur.com/ICdOMpo.jpg
12. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
A diffrent league, a class of its own
CarlZeiss optics Xneon flash, and bigger wider lens and apperatus
17. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I don't buy my phones based off the camera quality, thats what a DLSR is for.
22. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3802; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Even a small camera like the Sony RX100 offers a huge improvement in image quality vs. any phone camera.
11. zachattack (Posts: 594; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
It's unbelievable how people actually have it in their minds that the 5S takes better photos than the G3 or G2 or even the m8. Grow a some common sense Apple has the worst. Phone isn't even out yet scrubs
35. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
photos above speak for themselves... it's not in their minds... 5S=G3=G2, but M8 is definitely the worst of this bunch (but S5 is even worse...)
13. smarttechbadworld (Posts: 74; Member since: 07 May 2014)
The m8 is th best one of these and the lg g3 is the worst (lol jk it is the opposite)
16. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I have a 27" 1440p 100% color accurate display and the m8 looks the worst out of all of these in full screen.
14. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1309; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
not the final product infact is the korean one with antenna.
18. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
M8 has an underrated camera.I don't understand how people equate megapixels to quality. Great move by HTC with the m8 camera! They proved not to be a sheep.
19. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1311; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They might as well use the same basic camera module, since the S801 is basically the same SoC as the G2 had with a slight speed bump. It's a shame that a year old architecture would be passed off as flagship fare.
21. AfterShock (Posts: 3328; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
A better binned S800.
Higher stable ISP.
Mainly a better bin.
23. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3802; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Qualcomm screwed the pooch with the 805 and their 64-bit chips. There was substantial risk of no new chips in 2014, so everyone had to go with the 801s. Sucks, but it's not LG's fault.
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6798; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And still no comparison with the z2. seriously PA put all phones together. plus LG using SONY EXMOR technology. put it side by side for once.
24. zachattack (Posts: 594; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
S5 is darker in than the rest, the G3 has a very bright natural look and looks amazing. M8 i can see now why some people say dull but it's not terrible. Note 3 seems to add color that shouldn't be there but doesn't look awful. G3 did the best in low light imo, really though comparing cameras on smartphones is like comparing apples to apples
25. boosook (Posts: 1129; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Just click the "100%" button and compare with the S5... you'll see that the OIS really does make the difference.
26. sriteja25 (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 May 2014)
LG’s Answer TO Samsung and HTC
Get the full list of specifications of the LG G3 here
27. jackson_kaeluen (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
LG G3 is the winner! Same goes to iPhone 5s! Colours are more natural! The white LG G3 Board looks white whithout having the Orange look of the picture, and others picture look really vivid and details are fantastic! Thanks to that LG G3 Laser Auto Focus, capture everything in 0.275 seconds. Capture Motion Pictures are sharp and fast too!
30. kaven (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 May 2014)
The quality and sharpness is as good as DSLR cameras, awesome!!!
32. zain1986 (Posts: 6; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Are u phone arena guys jealous of nokia. There are some people here like me who have nokia phones
33. rizevnarastek (Posts: 334; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
No matter how many pixels I still fancy photos taken with the One m8 the best...
34. Gamercore (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
Thoroughly surprised at how well the HTC One M8 performed, but then again, it excels in low light.
Also, didn't quite expect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to fall on its face quite so hard. Every. single. shot was blurry. This was also my experience having picked up the S5 when it first came out, but noticed how horrible it performed in average lighting conditions.
So far, the LG G3 camera is living up to the hype.
36. ang123 (Posts: 1; Member since: )
Just got the LG G3 and I have to say the camera lets it down, zoom in just a little and the picture looks awful. Compared it today to the same picture taken on an older Sony z1 and the Sony won hands down. If taking half decent pics with your phone is important then look elsewhere!