Confirmed: the Nexus 5 does work with the Nexus Wireless Charging Orb
1. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Will Google support the wireless charger for 18 months as well... just sayin
2. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
More like "obvious" since it's the Qi standard.
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Sorry, I edited it for clarity. The question wasn't if it would charge, but more if the Nexus 5 had magnets set properly to hold it on the Orb.
12. ChristianMcC (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Could you do me a huge favor and tell me what the model number is of the charger? I bought a used orb without one, and I don't want to hurt it or my new N5 by using a higher 2+ amp charger, or slow the process with a lower than 1.8a charger.
3. Retro-touch (Posts: 272; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Also confirmed on XDA forums, Nexus 5 supports USB OTG out the box
5. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 237; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Now I've got a real reason to be mad about my Gnex not getting 4.4 KK.
6. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
That is interesting as other people said that the nexus 4 wireless charger did not have any magnets and was just a sticky surface?
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The rubber surface helps to hold it, but it does have magnets.
8. AustinPaul (Posts: 67; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I still have an old Palm wireless charger. I wonder if...?
9. plantman60 (Posts: 20; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Palm Pre had this in 2009, still works for my HP Pre 2.
11. Naepxpulse (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Any word yet on price/availability of the new wireless charger?
14. jeffherd (Posts: 9; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Yes Choe Qi Wireless Technology : Get the affordable prices list which you want : amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C40OG22