Asus wants to sell 5 million ZenFones this year, ZenFone 6 and ZenFone 5 are available now
The ZenFone 6 costs around $230 (6,990 TWD) in Taiwan, while the ZenFone 5 is priced at $166 (4,990 TWD). Both were launched in Taiwan before being introduced in other markets because this is Asus’ home country. China is probably one of the markets that will get the new smartphones next. According to Focus Taiwan, Asus CFO David Chang “predicted” that 5 million ZenFone handsets would be sold around the world before the end of 2014.
The ZenFone 6 and ZenFone 5 run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (upgradeable to KitKat), and are powered by dual-core 2GHz Intel Atom Z2580 processors. The former model sports a 6-inch 720p display, while the latter comes with a 5-inch 720p screen. You can check out our Asus ZenFone 6 hands-on here, and our Asus ZenFone 5 hands-on here.
Asus also has a ZenFone 4, which features a 4-inch WVGA display. This is obviously cheaper than the other two ZenFones, and should be available starting this month, too.
Asus ZenFone 6
Asus ZenFone 5
source: Focus Taiwan
1. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Seems pretty solid phones. Goodluck to them. :]
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3080; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
These Zenphones deserve better sales than crap nokia x family.
8. Doakie (Posts: 1189; Member since: 06 May 2009)
No I agree with him. The Nokia X phones are garbage compared to the Zenfone line. No Play Store = no reason to be Android. Should have just released more Windows Phones.
10. Manti123 (Posts: 108; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Nokia X is currently the most popular phone in GSMArena.
People have the choice.
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3080; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I would spend a bit more and buy a Moto G. From now on I wont buy anything from Shameless micronokia.
32. buccob (Posts: 1372; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
They are second next to SGS5 in daily interest ranking...
Now as for User Rating ranking there are 4 Sony Xperia at the top...
The Nokia X is merely a novelty, but it is not a top player (in low end segment)...
Without Play Store there is not much to look for in the Nokia X...
Moto G, Sony Xperia M2, SGS4 Mini, Asus Zenfone 4 are all better choices...
12. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3080; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Rip grammar, sentence, english. I love how die hard fanboys like you support whatever your beloved company does. You are interesting species. Lol.
16. Manti123 (Posts: 108; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
The same idiot crapberry fan has 3 usernames and bash in every article.
At least, change your miserable way of writing or modify the way you write your crappy username every time.
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3080; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
lol manti my dog's name is manti. And this is my one and only account on PA. And look who's talking A big mouth who signed up yesterday and has started trolling like hell
19. Manti123 (Posts: 108; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
I have been here for three years, but I encountered a problem in my account, so I created a new one.
Hopefully, your dog is cleaner than you
9. Manti123 (Posts: 108; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Nokia will sell (X family) 50 times more than Zenphone at least.. Because people love and trust Nokia
15. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1900; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The Nokia X family is crappy. I agree to it. But that's not cuz of the hardware or pricing, its because of the software it runs, i.e. Android, that can't handle 512MB of RAM & a 1GHz dual core processor, something which WP does like a champ.
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3080; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
just like temple run 2 needed 1gb ram on wp. lol
20. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1900; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
What's the point of Temple Run 2 running on Android devices with 512MB of RAM when you can't play it without stutter or lag?
21. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3080; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
it worked perfectly smooth on my cousin's xperia sola with dual core cortex A9 and 512mb ram.
22. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1900; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Unfortunately, it lags on my moms Galaxy Grand with a dual core CPU & 1GB of RAM. Maybe the phone's faulty.
25. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3080; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Again BS. You know what you are just hell bent on hating android. My uncle has the grand underclocked to 1ghz(from 1.2) and it can still play asphalt 7 heat perfectly on low settings leave alone temple run 2. Temple run 2 is a low end game.
27. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1900; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Again, I'm talking the truth. Temple Run 2 lags on my mom's Galaxy Grand. Subway Surfers also becomes unresponsive at times. I'm not hating on Android. I don't hate Android. I was previously an Android user.
26. AfterShock (Posts: 2746; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Hey troll, you trolling again like you said you don't?
Might read up on specs, as kk runs on low needs phones just fine, in fact that's what on it.
28. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1900; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The biggest troll on the site calls others a troll. Nice...
29. AfterShock (Posts: 2746; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Not even 24 hours since you claimed not to do this, lol.
3. bkzebraphone (Posts: 36; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Still waiting for the Asus Padfone X to be released....
31. PressStart (Posts: 114; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
Thou hast not giveth a word of spoken bezel.