Apple earnings forecast for 2013: more iPhones, more iPads, more money
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The bigger they are - the harder they fall.
Let's hope that they fall soon enough.
Unless of course you want to see a market in which the only phone is an iPhone, the only slate is an iPad and the only computer is a Mac *shudders.
17. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I would love that. I am tired of these half ass PCs. And these 99$ tables and oh yea phone that get viruses
18. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Then go live in Orvell's 1984, you ignorant iDiot. We prefer to stay in democracy, thankyou very much.
20. darth8ball (Posts: 519; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Don't be tired of them just don't buy them..... but don't hate on those that want them.
26. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Its not about buying them. Its that they are all around. And when forced to use them I lose my mind. PCs are nothing but trouble and i fix them all day for work along with Macs. i love Macs
40. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
In this economy, isn't that kind of job security a good thing? You should be praising those buggy PCs.
27. shafboy (Posts: 179; Member since: 26 Sep 2010)
Nahh it will never be like that, the boredom will cause people to take new devices..
But no point being bad to Apple, they have earnt their position!
2. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I mean seriously - let's pretend that we don't know anything about Apple or Android or Google or whatever.
How such a situation in which one company grows so much and gains so much power - while slapping lawsuits left and right and thereby eliminating any and all competition which somehow threaten it - while maintaining a policy of strictly closed source proprietary products - has come to pass?!
Apple is the new Micro$oft of the 90's and early 2000's. Only they don't control just the OS - they control the whole leading platform. The leading platform in the 90's was the PC. Now it's mobile devices. And if someone doesn't stop them - they are going to control it worse than how MS controlled the PC back in the day.
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Oh, I will. My next phone is an Android phone. People will realize the truth eventually.
3. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
"willingness to pay up for the best technology"
Whooo, wait there a second. Apple never got the best technology in their iphone, they are always after the competition.
For example when the first iphone was launched, they called it revolutionary. My Nokia N95 at the time was loads better than the iphone when it launched. I could install apps on my N95 iphone could not. The N95 had a much better camera, faster internet speeds. No that statement is definitely not true.
4. Mattkindmalta (unregistered)
Ive been an iphone user for years...this year i decided to go for a wp7 phone . You got admit , they have the best marketing strategy by far . They dont release a dual core phone back in january like samsung...they release it 9 months after so on every product they make more money . And lastly they have the best batterys on a mobile device !
5. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
My Samsung Wave has loads better battery than the iphone...
9. kainy (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
Yeah my Nokia 3310 have more battery life over all nowadays phones ... The big phones are hungry for batter and the little ones are not ... so it goes for your Wave ...
37. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
The wave has a 1 ghz processor and a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels, so that is similar to the iphone for example...
bada simply is very energy effecient.
11. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
So you can get 2 days with push notifications and mild to standard use on it? If it is like anything Android, you don't. I've personally had it with Android. My stock Evo got 5 hours of battery on a good day, my phone crashed over night and I was late for work, and add in malware with viruses, I'm good.
I'll be buying a WP7 or iPhone 5. 3 Android phones with the same response is enough for me.
14. mattkindmalta (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Sep 2011)
agree with you mate , my decision was wp7 or ios . I had an iphone 4 for a year , now decided to go for a wp7 phone...bought it new for 250 euros ( dell veneu pro )and not like the iphone 4 ( 700 euros ) and it does everything that the iphone do .
38. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
if the wave 3 is coming to USA, i recomend you check that out.
15. dj (unregistered)
enjoy all 3 of your total available apps.
39. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I've got more than 6500 quality apps to choose from.
8. Kjayhawk (Posts: 273; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
The SG2 has better battery than the iphone....
10. mattkindmalta (unregistered)
if ur saying that the SG2 has a better battery than the iphone..then clearly you didnt used an iphone !
12. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Yeah, you're smoking some crazy s**t if you have an Android that has better battery life than an iPhone.
32. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thank you felllows took the words out of my mouth....
21. darth8ball (Posts: 519; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
1420 mAh is not the best battery on a mobile device it is below average to say the least.
30. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
great example of why specs aren't everything. The iPhone is very power efficient and has a longer batter live than android phones even with a battery that might hold a smaller charge.
13. Mooooo (Posts: 212; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
My Nexus S easily lasts me the whole day. I have widgets running and use it a lot. Oh and no juice defender app on it.
16. dj (unregistered)
android users are obsessed with apple. makes the android platform look bad
19. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
why I wont get an iphone:
Screen(no gorilla glass and its small)
iOS lack of customization.
23. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
- The screen is amazing If you are gifted you dont need big things to make up for your short comings
- What do you need flash on a phone for?
- LTE is not perfected yet
- The processor is just amazing i never get hung up on my iPhone. Plus no viruses
- APPS? You dont believe that one
- Who needs to customize perfect? but if you did, then jail break it.
- Who needs a HDMI port messing up the look of the phone when you have airplay?
24. darth8ball (Posts: 519; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Why I will get an iPhone
screen (makes me squint so hard gives me xray vision allowing me to see hot chicks naked beneath their clothes)
severe head trauma (which limits my thinking ability by 75% making it necessary to use simplistic devices)
Apple gave me a free one and paid me $1000 a day to carry it.
I was given an injection with a drug that would kill me if I didn't have it in my hand or pocket.
Yeah that's pretty much it
29. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
ok I can agree with the rest but apps? really?
31. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I'm just saying. I know of more apps that I like on android than I like on apple. I've had the experience to try both devices as well. I just perfer the androids, Just like I perfer PC over Mac. But thats just my buthole, just like everyone else has theirs lol.
41. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
As long as you keep it at "I won't be getting..." that shouldn't bother anyone. I see the Android vs. iPhone argument the same way as PC vs. Mac. For the money, you get more variety and value out of both an Android and a PC. If you just want a pre-arranged, reliable user experience in a pretty package, you get an iPhone or a Mac.
It's a personal decision and people should respect that. But instead we get fanboys saying ALL Androids are worthless crap, and on the other side fandroids saying the iPhone is inferior and will always be inferior.
33. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
every respectable graphic designer uses a Mac for editing... not a Pc... even the commercials you see for the T-bolt with that loser kid on his bike.. edited on a Mac.. even those dancing Android phones..edited on a Mac... those Droid commercial.. edited on a Mac....
34. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
lol on the same note. what type of os do you think makes hospitals run? How about stocks? How about nuclear power plants? Wait how about communication systems? lol GTFO haha
IBM, Cisco, Linux, lenovo, windows etc. All of which are PC.
35. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and thats why they fail sometimes....
42. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
hahaha. your really funny gallitoking. Tienes lacucarachas en tu celebro cabron.