Alleged Sony Xperia Z3/Z3 Compact get certified, new side pics emerge
1. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
4.6" seems a little large for a "compact" smartphone. I think they should have kept it under 4.5"...
8. buccob (Posts: 2479; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
if they can keep the bezels down on the Z3 Compact, a 4.6" screen would be perfect...
I would only enjoy a 4.3" if the navigation buttons were outside the screen, but Sony doesn't do that anymore... and that was one of the reasons why the Z1 Compact wasn't so appealing to me.
A 4.6" with on-screen buttons means a 4.3" most of the time (which I am used to) but a bigger 4.6" for media, and some apps which would be very nice.
Also keep in mind that the original ZL with a 5" screen was roughly the same size of the SP and ZR which both had a ~4.6" screen...
10. cheetah2k (Posts: 1475; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Some of those pics are from the Xperia Z3, not the Compact version lololol
2. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
i think that 4.6 is perfect.... using xperia sp of the same screen size i think the screen is perfect in size and 4.7 is also the sweet spot for screen size...
6. vincelongman (Posts: 3883; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Remember screen size ≠ actual size
The SP had a 4.6" and was 131 x 67 x 10 mm
The ZL had a 5" and was 132 x 70 x 10 mm
I wouldnt mind a 5" if Sony manage to fit it in the same actual size again
9. buccob (Posts: 2479; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I just wrote something similar before reading your post... totally agree...
Actually I wouldn't mind to go even a bit bigger with the ZL2 (jappanese version) but that phone is probably not coming anywhere near.
The only thing to keep in mind with those small-bezel phones is that the camera is going to be placed directly behind the display (like the ZL, Acro S, Z2a) thus making it relatively fat compared to phones where the camera goes on the upper bezel... but IMO that is actually preferrable. I really don't mind 10mm of thickness specially if I am not going to put a case on it :)
3. Leo_MC (Posts: 893; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
If the size is smaller than 130 mm, the screen can even reach 4,8".
5. vincelongman (Posts: 3883; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yep the ZL was only 132 mm but had a 5" screen
Still wait for another phone that's ~130 mm with a 5"
4. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I have small hands, hope they make a 4" high specd phone.
7. Amir1 (Posts: 327; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
up to 5" display is a good size for a "compact" phone. good sony. all manufacturers should offer flags like sony = compact flag, main flag, phablet flag (most likely coming next year from sony): in 4.7"-5">5.5">6"
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10407; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Change the UI and you'll have my money.
12. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 334; Member since: 30 May 2014)
the sides looks like the nokia n8. . .
4.5-4.6'' is good enough.
should have front stereo speakers.
and the big thing, the camera should upragade, and put a dual led (true-tone) flash or xenon flash to be like a camera phone :)
oleophobic coating as well :)
13. dokhoasg (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
As we can see, no impressive improvement for the shell. Anything new for the specification ?