- a 4.6-inch screen with 720 x 1280 pixel resolution (319 ppi)
- a 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset
- 2GB of RAM
- 20.7-megapixel Sony Exmor RS rear camera sensor, capable of 4K video recording
- 2.2-megapixel selfie camera
- stereo speakers
- 16GB of microSD-expandable storage
- IP68-certified: dust- and water-resistant
- 2600 mAh battery
- Dimensions of 127 x 64.9 x 8.6 mm (5 x 2.55 x 0.33 in), weight of 129 g (4.55 oz.)
Alleged Sony Xperia Z3 Compact specs leak out
1. Alain1990 (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
I think they used 801 because of Z2 users..they dont want to think that their device is old..
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I wouldn't mind if Z3 had an 805. And I have the Z2. I believe most agree with me on that.
16. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Z3C is nice looking with cool color options.
27. RuiBacelar (Posts: 153; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Yes, those colours do look good. Nice one.
22. jeeta444 (Posts: 154; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
S805 releases more heat and consumes more power for a slightly better performance over s801, and if sony put s805 in Z3 then people like you would bash it for overheating.You have a Z2, Do you have any performance issue with that ?
S805 is a compulsion for QHD screen devices not for 1080p.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Even if it doesn't have S805, it's still the beast of mini phones.
3. Nine1Sickness (Posts: 120; Member since: 30 Jan 2011)
Someone is going to whine about the screen resolution in 3, 2, 1...
6. o0Exia0o (Posts: 895; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
I MEAN FOR REELEZ DOG THIS IS 2014 NOT 2012! THIS SHOULD HAVE CAME WITH A OCTA HD SCREEN AND A 50000MAH BATT in a 4.5MM BODY! THIS IS SOME BU77 SH!T DOGZ! /S
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oi, me breda, do u know that a screen below 5 inches ain't need a octa HD? Ayy...for real dawg, even full HD ain't needed for phone below 5 inches. Ya know wa I'm sayin'?
U madd dawg! Octa HD? 50000mAh battery? U real mad dawg, real mad. Dats overkilla, dawg! Z3 Compact ice cold baby killa!
10. Finalflash (Posts: 2867; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It is damn near perfect since it gives you enough PPI and probably saves tons of battery life. Can't wait to see the benchmarks and results, might pick one up for the wife.
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
IP 68. Good. And wow this thing is gonna rock! Love that mint color SOO MUCH.
7. o0Exia0o (Posts: 895; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
I'd love to have one of these, but I know it will not be compatable with Verizon's network! Oh well maybe one of these years when VoLTE is running I'll be able to buy a Z4 or Z5 compact. At least I still have unlimited data though.
8. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
great enough to be named as the best compact...
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's disappointing that Sony went up to a 4.6" screen and didn't upgrade the display to 1080p.
36. Planterz (Posts: 2046; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Yes and no. While 1080p on a 4.6" screen would make for a beautiful display, 720p screen means less pixels to light and render, which'll mean it'll be much more frugal for battery life. And while the SD801@2.5GHz would easily handle a 1080p screen, it'll absolutely fly with a 720p screen, especially if/when it runs LMP.
319ppi is plenty. I'm just happy they kept the same small size of the Z1C, but increased the screen size and even gave us stereo front speakers. I wish I could say "I can't wait", but I'll have to, for a few months anyway, until I have the money to buy one.
15. o0Exia0o (Posts: 895; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
I would rather manufacturers start adding thickness and increasing battery size than have an anemic phone that has to be charged once an hour just for the sake of being thin!
32. zmtfatzombie (Posts: 25; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
I have z2 and motorolla droid razr hd. both of them are thinner than this latest one.
35. buccob (Posts: 2544; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
The Z2 is bigger thus being able to make thinner by not overlapping components. That's also why tablets can get even thinner (6.4mm Sony Tablet).
And the RAZR is also bigger in footprint and have a bump for camera. Totally different design cues.
This Z3C size is perfect
14. DeDex (Posts: 108; Member since: 01 Sep 2014)
I have that frustrating feeling that Sony got almost everything right:
- solid hardware
- neat design
- maintained focus on "mini" phones
Still, there are two pain points that bother me a bit:
- terrible Android overlay
- high price
If Sony were to cut a bit the price on this Z3 generation, this could be massive. Still, the Z3 Compact is looking great.
17. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
This thing should probably fly on gaming.
18. JC557 (Posts: 1428; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
It's great that they upped the battery capacity but they increase the display to 4.6"... then again 0.1" shouldn't make that much of a difference. Key word shouldn't.
I just hope the phone is more widely available than the Z1 Compact or Z2.
19. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
This is what we get with the Z1 Compact:
Waterproof and dust resistant1 (IP55 & IP58)
20.7MP camera with G lens and Exmor RS® for mobile for digital camera quality photos
4.3" TRILUMINOS® display and X-Reality™ for mobile
Blazing fast performance with the Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800 Quad-core 2.2 Ghz processor with 2GB RAM
The Z1C also had a 2300 mAh battery.
So the Z3C is not a huge update. It does have 300 more mAh battery, but this may be offset by a larger, brighter screen.
29. JC557 (Posts: 1428; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Except the speakers look to be improved and in a more ideal location and are probably stronger than what the Z1C came with. The display is larger for those (like myself) that found 4.3" a little too small and from the spec sheet it looks to be still compact all around. Still waiting to see if they improved the lens and camera software as the images tended to look soft on the Z1C.
Hopefully there's some new display tech going on there to help ease power consumption of a brighter screen.
33. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
There are a few details that they improved, sure. But mostly the Z3C is fairly uninteresting if you already have a Z1C.
If Sony improved the headphone audio output, for me, that would be a compelling reason to get the Z3C/Z3. But if not, it seems like a fully skippable phone model, at least from these specs.
38. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
9.3 mm vs 8.6mm is HUGE. The Z1 compact was a stumpy fatty unlike the sleek and slender iPhone 5s.
This is much MUCH better at 8.6 mm and that key difference is probably going to make me buy the Z3 compact as my next phone.
In all honesty it would be even better and sell more if they got rid of the waterproofing and made it 7.6mm instead. Also getting rid of the front facing speakers to shave the size down would help too.
I know you Sony fans champion your ip rating stuff and front facing speakers but I think most marketing teams and average consumers would take thinner and smaller over these features any day of the week.
Waterproof and good speakers aren't sexy. Slim and stylish is.
20. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I think I'll probably go with this phone if 8.6 mm is true. Too bad it wasn't 1080p though.
21. jeeta444 (Posts: 154; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Wowww, 2600 mah battery !!!
the real compact beast arrives.
31. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
More you install apps, the lagy it gets.
Opening 3 tabs and multitasking is not smooth.
I get never go back to a 2gb Ram, after using Z2, and N3
24. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 335; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Z3 compact is very good. It is more compact than xperia sp. 319 PPI is not bad at all, 'cause the galaxy alpha has only 312 PPI. The rest, the specs are superb. 4.6" is very good size, not too small like 4.3", nor too big. slightly lowering PPI, keep the display's resolution and add more 300mAh, the battery life will improve. I think it has front- stereo speakers. But realy worrying about the camera, hope they will improve it, though it uses the same camera tech :)
25. vipervoid123 (Posts: 163; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I agree with you ~
4.6inch is very good size , my Xperia ZR 4.55inch, it is enough for me ~
And that phone dimension will be really good for that screen size ~
High screen to body ratio ~
28. haneef4u (Posts: 34; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Those colors are mouth watering :D
It just make me eat them right away hehehe
34. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
A deep sapphire blue phone would have been very nice.
37. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I like the Z3 and the Z3 compact, if only they could record video in stereo sound like my 1020, I might consider getting one.