A 'high-end' Google Nexus tablet made by HTC is coming in Q3, claims Taiwan media
1. Hyperreal (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Yes please, I want a tablet from htc with great audio and solid plastic/metal design.
14. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I would get an HTC tablet in a heart beat if the specs and price were good
17. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
love it. now that's a good decision google. we need nexus smartphone by HTC and GOOGLE
20. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
As long as it has the Nexus UI and not that god awful Sense UI, im right there with you.
4. Lycan155 (Posts: 119; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
This might be weird but maybe google can ask apple to design and make a nexus tablet for them ! Lol
5. bayhuy (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
6. hafini_27 (Posts: 598; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
10 inch, Boomsound, metal back and i am sold
12. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1486; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
First Nexus is made by HTC , Google might give the opportunity for them to finish the "nexus" lineup as well
9. tiara6918 (Posts: 1943; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This is a great opportunity for both companies
10. ajac09 (Posts: 1447; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I hope this is not true. HTC made good tablets but way over priced. I mean come on 700 bucks the jetstream? 500 for the flyer? they were high or something.
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 4453; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
It will be affordable in US. Google normally release their hardware near cost.
Other regions will not enjoy such benefit as usual.
13. docj8404 (Posts: 73; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I doubt many will agree, but I would love for Samsung to release a 12" Nexus tablet building off of the specifications of the GT/GN Pro series along with a qHD AMOLED panel
15. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
I would get this in a hearbeat. HTC has the best hardware and I have been wanting to get my first tablet, but wanted it to be an HTC, so this will fit the bill. Hurry up and make it!
16. Taters (Posts: 5055; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol god I hope not. Asus took two full generations to make the nexus 7 with decent quality control, still not good but at least decent build. If another Taiwanese company with even worse build quality reputation does it then we are all screwed. The only thing HTC would bring to the table is gap full design, poorly cut USB ports, poor button placement, etc....
The Nexus line already cuts enough corners, they don't need suck T C cutting even more manufacturing corners.
19. Taters (Posts: 5055; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Not trolling. The only products I ever have to return or exchange after unboxing them are Nexus products and HTC products. Asus products tend to last until the exchange period is over before their flaws show up. So if you combine HTC and nexus, good luck.
My guess is 10 RMA calls to google before suck t c gets you one you can live with.
I honestly think it is a Taiwanese company thing. They have shit factories or something. Although acer seems pretty good now.
22. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
HTC is struggling, this partnership will be good for them.