41 MP Nokia EOS specs and pics leak again, AT&T version named 'Elvis'
- 41 MP camera with Xenon flash
- Nokia Pro Camera
- 32 GB internal
- OLED Screen 768X1280
- WP8 V 8.0.10322.71
- FM radio
- Flip to silence
- Polycarbonate body
- Takes a 35 MP picture and a 5 MP picture at the same time one to save one to share
- Comes in yellow
- No SD card
- About 1 mm thinner than Lumia 920 with a big camera hump
- No visible OS changes
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lol no sd card, and what's the point to have 41mp on hr? Smh
And its ugly
11. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Umm If you understood pureview oversampling you would know that 32gb is more than enough. Even at full res the max you can get is 16gb. As for the device in question (doubt its real), there is nothing ugly about it.
18. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
If this rocking with Android....
I WILL ABSOLUTELY BUY!!!
41. roldefol (Posts: 2984; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Enough with the "Nokia needs Android!!" comments. It's not happening. If you like Nokia, you'll learn to like WP.
42. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
52. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1627; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I know I didn't say the comment I was just simply agreeing...don't shoot the messanger,.....
62. StringCheese01 (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
Nokia to Android:
56. pookiewood (Posts: 610; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Not me. The HTC One is the first Android device I've been interested in. It looks Metro at first glance. I went to play with it at AT&T just to check it out. I found out only the main tab is anything like Metro. I scrolled left and my eyes started to bleed! Not really but they may as well had. As a 920 owner I just can't appreciate the look of Android or iOS. I love Metro.
Fandroids, release the thumbs down Kraken!!! ;)
48. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I already have phone...
So I will gonna miss this phone...:(
19. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1627; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
well looks are subjective....if wendy thinks its ugly...thats his view....your no one to tell him otherwise....but if yo think its sexy...then thats your view too.....i personallly think it looks abit wierd...i mean i like nokias but please give them an overall design....
28. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
I am not telling him to change is opinion. I'm just giving an opposing opinion where I don't think the device is ugly. As for overall design, I doubt anyone can complain about nokia not having an overall design.
Every device since the n9 has had a coherent design language. Right now it's getting to the point where some people are pointing fingers at nokia and claiming that they are no different from Smasung because they have not changed the design of their phones since the n9(even though they have made changes, its just that the coherent design language makes them all look similar).
38. roldefol (Posts: 2984; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Hey, what Wendy says goes around here. There's nothing prettier than shiny flimsy plastic.
22. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
He's a ret@rd who knows nothing else other than treating Samsung like god. You are supposed to take 5 or 8MP shots with it. even a 35MP shot on the 808 ends up with 10-12MB per image, which isnt terribly big in my opinion. But if they dont compress a 35MP shot probably it could be over 20MB.
39. roldefol (Posts: 2984; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Correction...he knows nothing else other than treating [whoever is currently #1 in sales] like god. Guaranteed if HTC started consistently outselling Samsung, he'd change his tune again.
15. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
If all your photo's are at full res you will have 64 pics per gb. If they are oversampled you can have well over 100pics per gb.
61. durag1 (Posts: 32; Member since: 29 May 2012)
I agree Wendy!!!! A 8MP landscape picture is around 3mb so this phone camera will eat up around 15mb a picture. Of coarse you can lower picture quality but what's the point in big MP with no storage? No SD card!!! That is pretty dumb!!! Would not ever buy a phone with no battery or SD card options. I have a 32GB plus 32GB SD card,(64gb), and a upgraded 4300mah battery!!! Last forever and tons of storage!!!!
2. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The design of the camera looks wierd.
10. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
What's odd is i dont see any camera hump
But the circles around the camera makes it look a bit futuristic to me.
16. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It looks fake, don't you think?
21. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1627; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I totally agree..i hope this isnt the actual EOS....
24. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Looks like something designed by an amateur; the camera doesnt look like a camera but a cannon hole or something.
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5866; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If the only color is yellow, there will be a lot of black cases sold for the L-EOS.
13. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
I doubt the only color is yellow. The rumor also didn't say that the "onnly" color is yellow, it just said the device will be available in yellow.
44. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
This is the REAL DEAL
46. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
50. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Yep.This seems way more legit and fits the decription from the rumors.
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2956; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It looks like it could survive a nuclear bomb! So sturdy looking!
5. -box- (Posts: 3821; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That looks so cool...
If the were Top Gear, it would be in the "DB9 Freezer"
6. Genersis (Posts: 197; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Love the way "Comes in yellow" is listed as one of it's expected features. :P
7. jerahm (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
i doubt that the photo above will be design, i see no xenon flash.
23. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1627; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
right underneath the camera and above the nokia logo..........
25. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
That doesn't loook like a xenon flash. It's too small.
8. Topcat488 (Posts: 1162; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
What is the screen size of this, uh this wood plank, whose edges look sharp as a jailhouse shank?
9. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Unless its from @evleaks i won't trust it. This looks like someone photoshoped the back of a lumia 925. Notice it also has the the same metal rim as the 925 in the pic showcasing the back, yet the rumors say the device is polycarbonate. Also where is the xenon flash? It can't be that tiny little patch underneath the housing, I doubt a xenon flash strip could be that short(it's way shorter than the 928's).The little flash in the vicinity of the housing being flat as well as the little silver strip also reveals their is no hump unlike what the rumors say.
14. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
No camera hump, no Xenon flash. Fake.
But i like the circles there, looks futuristic, but the final product is unlikely to have it. N95 also had it, but a chrome plate.
40. roldefol (Posts: 2984; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Agreed, this is someone's poor photochop. The breaks in the rim (like on the 925) would serve no purpose on a polycarbonate brick like the 920. Someone was trying a little too hard with this one.
17. rav405 (Posts: 42; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
the name for the AT&T version sounds cool 'Elvis'......
27. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Ahh The Megapixel Myth...
But who'd use this cam at its full resolution? Billboard Advertisers? I assume they have better cameras that can do the job for them...
This is nothing but bragging rights...and nothing else
usefulness = ZERO
29. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Trying to sound smug and coming off as ignorant at the same time. One would think that after ALL this time since the 808's release "photography aficionados" such as yourself would stop harping on about the mp myth and bragging rights.
The 41mp in the eos and the 808 uses oversampling technology(look it up on google I have no time to explain this), to create super pixels by combining data from neighbouring pixels on the sensor, to result in noise free, sharp and detailed low res pics. This sensor has beaten multiple point and shoots sensors, every smart phone sensor and competes on some front's with some compact sensors. This sensor when reviewed on the camera section of dpreview got a gold award.
If you want to put your "bragging rights" and "usefulness" claims to the test visit these pages:
14,000 pics to skim through:
31. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
EDIT: here is the proper link to the pics:
36. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
No point trying to explain to someone who doesnt even bother to listen or read up the technology while prefering to stick to his stubbornness, Nokia's 41MP pureview even surpassed quite some point and shoot digital cameras.
And he acts like he knows a lot about photography but he has no clue. DSLR is always used as an excuse. Photography is about capturing the moment, while make use of what you have to the fullest at that moment, not capturing something with some $5000 DSLR. You cant carry a DSLR everywhere you go.
33. FlushGordon (unregistered)
So a 40MP cam (with a tiny sensor+tiny lens) is better than an 18MP DSLR with good glass ?
Or can a 40MP cam be any better for facebook / vanity shots vs a modern 13MP cam like the one from Samsung S4?
Puhhhleeeeezzzzzz..... You CAN'T even explain what you have said
In Theory...A 40MP TINY Lens + Sensor combination is NO MATCH against a 18MP big sensor + good glass combo...no matter how many megagadzillion Megapixels NOKIA can put up (with that tiny sensor and lens to boot) is still useless, software interpolation or tweaking won't help because you gotta have a considerable amount of area in that sensor to gather light....,, it's all just a marketing gimmick...Agree?
37. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1627; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
im not entering this clear flame war ( i just saw it and couldnt stay away) but with all due respect...
It kinda beats its nearest rivals.....
47. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
*sigh* I can't even bother. Keep wallowing in your stupidity and ignorance. I gave you the sources, expecting you to do your own research and come to a reasonable conclusion, but its evident you didn't bother.
You would rather defend your ignorant premise and protect your pride rather than doing some research, and gaining some knowledge so you can make a statement that is informed an well grounded. However it seems you can't, because that would mean you admitting defeat with regards to your original argument, so you continue to spout bs. Look at your dislikes and get a clue.
49. TylerGrunter (Posts: 993; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
So you are suggesting that mobile phones should weight a kiligram now? Cause that's what it takes to carry a DSLR around!
The advantage of the Nokia 40MP camera is compared to phones cameras as tehe Sensor is 4 times bigger, not compared to DSLRs. Try to find a camera on a mobile phone that's better and you would prove your point, if not... Well, you are just opening the mouth to let air out.
30. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
It looks like a Sony Cassette Walkman from the 1980's.
32. SIGPRO (Posts: 465; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
The design i like but where is the Xenon flash?
And Nokia will wait for the WP GDR3 update because that will support 1080p resolution.
35. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Flashgordon... Ask tech reviewers if they think its a marketing gimmick.
45. kurtdean99 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Guys its obvious that is fake. Is it so hard for u guys to figure it out? Where's the hell is the xenon flash??
51. valapsp (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Absolutely right. The fake is so sleek that I didn't mention the absence of FLASH)
53. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 366; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
41 MP camera with Xenon flash
THIS SHXT CRAY
55. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I doubt the windows 8 OS even supports 41MP cameras, at best it does 768p screens which is very sad.
57. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
this phone is sick.....wish android but 41mp ooh