Join the discussion: What's the worst phone you've ever owned?

Join the discussion
Victor Hristov
Victor Hristov
Phonearena team
• 1y ago

For me it has to be foldable phones in general. I was really excited about the form factor, but I have tried many of them and they are either too big or clunky, or it just gets annoying to unfold them every single time.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵pimpin83z said:

So you bypassed Ice Cream Sandwich & Jelly Bean forwards and backwards? Funny. Not funny ha ha, but funny weird. ?

Wait, you're right! It was ICS that I upgraded to... My memory is failing me miserably these days...

• 1y ago

I typically try to put some thought into buying a phone, so that I never had unbearable ones but some of them had significant drawbacks:

• Motorola ZN5 - super slow UI and surprisingly mediocre camera;
  • Google Nexus 5X - terrible battery and the infamous production issue, so that this was the only phone I owned that died by itself;
  • Xiaomi Mi A1 - cheap materials in general.
• 1y ago

The Palm Treo 680 (the one directly from Palm, not a carrier version)

Second worst: Samsung Nexus S 4G. Lag monster. Press an app button, go make dinner, watch some TV, go to bed, wake up the next day, eat breakfast, watch some news, mow the lawn, take a shower, browse the websites on computer and then...in about a few more minutes, the app will finally load...maybe

• 1y ago

Garminfone. It was my first smartphone. Absolutely horrible battery life.

• 1y ago

For me it has to be the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, obviously I got a lemon with defective hardware so not all were like this but the display was extremely green, especially on the edges and with low brightness, like radiactive or hulk green, kinda like this: https://androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Huawei-Finland-Huawei-Mate-20-Pro-3.jpg

Maybe related to the green screen but I had touchscreen responsiveness issues, auto brightness didn't work properly either.

Then under display fingerprint scanner worked probably 1 out of 10 times. The new "3D Face Unlock" which was supposed to be at the level of FaceID worked maybe 1 out of 5 times and when it did unlock it it took a good amount of time like 5 seconds or so.

Speakers were weird, NFC wasn't working properly, Bluetoth was randomly disconnecting from everything, software was bad and very glitchy in general, a lot of apps were killed in the background and didn't operate properly or they stopped sending notifications.

Only phone I've ever returned within the vendor return window.

• 1y ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Wait, you're right! It was ICS that I upgraded to... My memory is failing me miserably these days...

It's hard to keep up with these Android versions. I only know GB vividly because it was so horrible. Every Android version afterwards has been like earning back your girlfriends' trust after you lied because every non-Android user doesn't believe that Androids' OS has been very stable since 2012 & has only gotten better.

• 1y ago

Sony Erickson W810. It was TOO D*MN SMALL!

• 1y ago

iPhone 4. The small size would literally cause my hands to cramp up when typing on it.

• 1y ago

Pixel 6. The stupid fingerprint reader was absolutely worthless.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless