Join the discussion: What's the most expensive phone you've owned, and was it worth it?

Join the discussion
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago

My history with expensive phones is both pretty boring and ancient. The last phone I spent a lot of cash on was the Xperia Ray, which set me back around 350 euros back then. I was lucky enough to receive most of my flagship phones as gifts, barring the Nokia 8, which was cheaper than the aforementioned Ray.

• 1y agoedited

Huawei Mate 40 pro. I had to get it because I couldn't keep waiting for late global release of the P50 pro then. It has 5G which I never get to use. It has dependable Leica cameras, IR remote for home and office appliances, reliable IP68 rating, a great screen, and loud dual speakers. To top it all, the familiar EMUI interface and features. The lack of GMS gets me sometimes but didn't really get in the way. About $1100.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵jsdechavez said:

Huawei Mate 40 pro. I had to get it because I couldn't keep waiting for late global release of the P50 pro then. It has 5G which I never get to use. It has dependable Leica cameras, IR remote for home and office appliances, reliable IP68 rating, a great screen, and loud dual speakers. To top it all, the familiar EMUI interface and features. The lack of GMS gets me sometimes but didn't really get in the way. About $1100.

So, no regrets, then?

• 1y ago

Surface Duo 2. I didn't mind paying that crazy amount since I knew what I was getting. Come to think of it, I've never even paid that much for a MacBook.

• 1y ago

Galaxy S23 Ultra 512gb, $1800 AUD ... It's the first Samsung phone I have used that can almost last 2 days with light usage. Definitely worth it.

• 1y ago

Dropped $1,600 in cold hard cash on the 14 Pro Max.

Is it worth it? I mean, I'm getting the iOS experience that I wasn't getting from [my sons'] iPad Mini, it's easier to send pics & vids to my iPhone friends & family, FaceTime > Duo/Meet & I have access to both platforms again since leaving the AT&T store so I'd say so.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵Crispin_Gatieza said:

Surface Duo 2. I didn't mind paying that crazy amount since I knew what I was getting. Come to think of it, I've never even paid that much for a MacBook.

If only it was running Windows... Other than that, I think it's one of the coolest and most premium-looking devices to date. No crease! :))

• 1y ago

Would say , Fold 2 was most expensive phone I bought $1899 , but boyyyy, it was like a conversation starter at that time . Still remains in my top 5 all time fav electronics I owned . iPhone 12 mini , pixel 5 , AirPods Pro , iPhone 4s are the other top 5 ?

• 1y ago

I bought my Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design for a bit more than $2,000 (including a $260 premium) at the end of 2019. After 3.5 years of use, I think it's more or less worth the money spent, but not the premium. The phone's got a solid performance, class-leading camera (at the time of launch) and an exquisite design which easily stands out from the mass. The most important point for me, however, is undoubtedly the sense of pure luxury it can bring to me and people around.

• 1y ago

still didn't pay full price but probably the Fold 3

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless