San Francisco Author
is looking for a new Author in San Francisco, California. If you are passionate and extremely knowledgeable about mobile technologies, then our message is dedicated to you!
- Searching for and writing of short News stories;
- Visit media events, representing Phone Arena;
- Prepare reviews and articles.
Our requirements for the candidates are:
- Experience in writing: ideally, but not mandatorily, for tech media;
- To be located in San Francisco, California or in close proximity;
- Passion about cell phones and in-depth knowledge about mobile communications;
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking);
- Ideally, to be available during regular business hours; part time is also an option;
- Ability to visit media events (during normal business hours) about once a month.
If you think you are the perfect candidate, drop us an e-mail with:
- Two samples of personally written news articles based on the following sources: source 1 | source 2. Read the instructions here.
- Short Bio showing your past experience with mobile technologies;
- Description of your experience with different phone Operating Systems - how long have you used them and on which phones;
- Your location and a time frame showing your free hours during each week day.
Please send the e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Due to the large amount of applications we receive, we will not be able to reply to everybody. Thank you!
Please prepare the news using the given sources. If any of them is not the original source but links it, you should get to the original source of the story. NEVER copy or simply reword other people's articles. You must (be able to) structure the article on your own, without taking into consideration the way the other sites have posted it.
The PhoneArena news should be easy to read, pointing out the important information while providing the additional details in a pleasant way. A news should be about 250-300 words on the average, but there is no hard word limit - all important details must be included, while keeping the story easy to read. We write in the first-person plural form "we" instead of "I", representing a professional opinion that is not based on one person's subjective taste.
Each news should be in its own text (Word .doc or .docx prefered) document, containing the news title, a short description (this is the additional text to a post's title that appears on our homepage) suggesting what the news is about, as well as the news text itself. In addition, a thumbnail image with resolution of 150x150 pixels should be included as a separate .jpg file -> this must be resized/retouched so it looks good on the homepage.