White Nexus 4 shows up, all ready for Google I/O 2013
The white Nexus 4 ended up in the hands of Google Plus user Ervin Sue who says he’s gotten it from a buy and sell website.
It’s not a completely white device, though. Rather, it’s two-toned with the back being white and the front side remaining black.
The Nexus 4 in white has surfaced long ago in January, but it’s the first time we see it leak out allegedly from a retailer, making us think it’s fairly possible to see it at the I/O event.
With an unchanged design, we hope Google would at least bump the specs on the Nexus 4 to include the modern Snapdragon 600 and the long anticipated 4G LTE.
source: Ervin Sue
White Nexus 4 shows up, all ready for Google I/O 2013 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
LG G3 - 40 Tips & Tricks for LG's most powerful smartphone ever
25 Jul 2014, 01:36
5 Android L themes, launchers and icon packs to install while you wait
25 Jul 2014, 03:23
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: vote for the better phone
25 Jul 2014, 06:01
The best Android browsers, 2014 edition: design, features, and performance
23 Jul 2014, 09:49
White Nexus 4 shows up, all ready for Google I/O 2013
1. D.Aceveda (Posts: 358; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
So only the back of the phone will be white but the rest will be black? Pass.
Apple used to do that and people hated it so they finally released an ALL white device. I guess Google is gonna have to learn this lesson and that is, a white back does NOT MEAN ITS A WHITE DEVICE
2. Igneel (unregistered)
Yeah! But the back is really gorgeous!
8. aaron12345 (Posts: 15; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Well think about this....
What if the phone had white around the screen just like the back, it would look nice and all....... until the screen comes on, it would look terrible because the black bar down the bottom wouldn't tie in with the white around the screen. This is why google makes it black around the screen, so it looks seamless and very beautiful
12. apple4never (Posts: 920; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i second that, a white border around the screen would look nice till its on, as soon as its on the border clashes with the phone and it looks weird
16. Meccalangelo (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Makes no difference with the colors of phones if people are going to throw ugly otterboxes on em
26. heyhi (Posts: 123; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
yeah and Sony has to learn too...Xperia Z white and black...the black one is nice but the white and black, i dont know, its like having a black phone with a white case.
4. KickRocks (Posts: 104; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Argh!!! How am I gonna convince the wife that I need to buy this when I already have the black nexus 4??? Hello ebay
17. lovefist (unregistered)
give your black nexus 4 to her or better yet give her this one.
5. wando77 (Posts: 265; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
4g........mesh. Increase the storage please Google and I'd buy one :-)
6. shadez10 (Posts: 395; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
I really like the Gnex4 but the only thing i didnt like about it is the camera...
7. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Still waiting to hear about a CDMA version, but not expecting a miracle. LTE was the big omission last year, so at least it's something.
9. Tsoliades (Posts: 206; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
I hope they update the specs on the Nexus 4.
Maybe a Snapdragon 600, slightly larger battery, or 1080p screen?
Either way, I'll be getting it unlocked in December, no matter the specs. I'm tired of crappy software from other manufacturers.
10. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I doubt the nexus will go 1080 at this time. It's still more of a "nice to have"/bragging rights feature unless the screen is 5"+. Google isn't dictating the pixel war, manufacturers are.
21. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1044; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Also there is no noticeable difference in performance between the s4 pro and the 600. Not to mention the fact that the nexus is the smoothest android available thanks to stock 4.2
22. Tsoliades (Posts: 206; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
Yep, it is. Killer combination. Android 4.2 is amazing. I flashed Cyanogenmod 10.1 on my Galaxy S2 this morning, and it's smooth, battery efficient, and packs awesome features. The Nexus 7 is also as smooth as butter.
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5540; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i hope all they do is add support for LTE and add larger storage sizes. if they change too much like the SoC it couldn't come in hot on the heels of the GSM variant's development progress.
11. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 91; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I want an all red model with 4G LTE. I would buy that the second it would come out.
13. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The glass back of the Nexus 4 is GORGEOUS!
14. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
If they will bring Snapdragon600 , 32GB and LTE , I will buy it
18. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
All I want is a price drop and white model.
20. docj8404 (Posts: 72; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
A price drop for the Nexus 4.. Seriously? Some people are NEVER satisfied.
19. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I hate this black front white back BS, just make it all white already.
24. papss (unregistered)
Love it even though I don't like white phones.. Just shows how amazing the design is. That's it, I'm going to trade my l920 for a black N4. ;)
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Black looks better than white, unless the phone is all white™
27. Trex95 (Posts: 541; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Nexus 4 black version one of the most elegant Android phone looking.