Using your smartphone before bedtime isn't a good idea, and here's why
Here is why you shouldn't use your smartphone before sleeping Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
This Samsung Galaxy F (S5 Premium) concept looks almost real
07 Mar 2014, 23:59
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
Here is why you shouldn't use your smartphone before sleeping
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I can't imagine anyone depriving themselves any gadgets before they sleep. It has become a lifestyle.
Literally saying, i even sleep next to my phone.
15. metalpoet (unregistered)
my phone is next to me and the tv is on! lol
2. brandonrana (Posts: 57; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Iam one of those addicts.. And thank u PA its Very helpfull. Now i'll use my phone comparatively less!
3. eisenbricher (Posts: 962; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
True in every aspect, but I can't give up on gadgets, they are my life! I'd rather prefer living 60yrs with them, instead of 80yrs without 'em.
4. mr.techdude (Posts: 425; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I heard that even people who sleep with there phones especially iPhone next to them or under the pillow can cause brain damages due to radioactive waves and iPhones produce way more then any other phone on the planet so be careful guys
8. ibap (Posts: 669; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
mr.techdude - not much of a techdude. Radiowaves - maybe. "radioactive waves" - not
And if you're going to caution about that - guys, don't put them in your jeans pocket either. Think what else it might damage.
"way more then" - ?
Another post typed on a glass screen where someone comes across as e.e. cummings and can't be bothered to fix their typing.
5. mr.techdude (Posts: 425; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
If ur waking up with a minor headache means that ur affected by it but in the ln the long term u van have major problems and becareful again
6. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 650; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
its true and happening with me .............. Good article BTW.
7. Bernoulli (Posts: 1335; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Hehe I use my phone at night to go to phonearena.com! No I'm not being sarcastic it's true :P
10. fervid (Posts: 171; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I usually fall asleep using my phone, so I don't have an issue with sleep after.
11. The_Innovation (Posts: 523; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
It's simple, firstly, put it on vibrate, and second, don't leave it right next to you when you sleep, put it on your computer desk which is next to your bed. Soon as you wake up in the morning you will grab it. This way, when you wake up sometimes late at night for no reason, you'll be lazy to actually get up and grab your phone, since it won't be in your hands reach.
13. Jyakotu (Posts: 813; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I usually use my phone at night as well, but I usually use my phone at night to get the battery low enough so I can put it on the charger at night.
14. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Man who doesnt like to look at porn before going to sleep? Night time usage will never end for me :p
16. Fuego84 (Posts: 244; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Come on I always log in to Rage of bahamut before I go to sleep it actually helps me fall asleep.
17. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I need to start reading in bed more. I do find it hard to fall asleep sometime. Maybe get off the PC about 30 minutes or so before bed and spend time on a book or magazine before bed.
18. atsamman (Posts: 72; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I like watching movies on my tablet before going to sleep but actually I sleep an average of 8 hours is what i am doing still wrong?