Upcoming Sony Xperia D5103 appears in benchmarks, with specs close to the Moto G
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The Moto G is gonna get Moto G'ed, introducing the Sony Xperia G! :P
10. Doakie (Posts: 1758; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Yeah right. There's no way Sony will undercut the price on the $199 16GB G. I'm amazed the Zenfones are going to be priced so affordable. So far the Asus Zenfone 5 and 6 are the only phones I'm interested in in this budget segment. Well I guess some of the BLU phones also seem very appealing. But I'm keeping an eye out for a Zenfone 6.
12. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
it'll be better than the Motorola G if sony will give out constant FW updates for it just like the moto g at a lower or equivalent price point to the moto g
2. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
Out of all the OEMs presenting in MWC, Sony is what I'm most excited about. That's just me.
3. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Before people start crying about it being more expensive than the Motorola G, remember, Sony's purpose isn't to commoditize the market. It won't make money via advertisements and play store revenue cuts, so you won't get a ridiculously low price here.
What you will get though is a ridiculously nice design, build quality, UI with genuine improvements over stock whilst remaining slick and even more classy, and great optimisation amongst other things.
5. aayupanday (Posts: 567; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Sony will have to price it competitively at the same level of Moto G in order to get huge sales.
7. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
Yeah, the SP was probably the best mid-ranger of last year IMO.
8. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 127; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
I guess this will be the year of powerful budget phones.
9. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
This should be the successor of Xperia M/L. It should have a 'Quality 8MP camera' and a design similar to T2 Ultra and the thickness should be no more then 8.5MM. This phone should sell for 200-300$
11. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1153; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Thickness no more than 8.5mm? Wrong price segment, dude