UBS: Apple cutting orders for Apple iPhone 5 parts is old news; shares rebound after breaking $500
Last month, UBS cut its estimate of Apple iPhone production by 5 million for each quarter because of a 30% production cut That took the UBS estimate for Apple iPhone 5 production down to 25 to 30 million units for the current quarter ending in March. Milunovich estimates that Apple produced 45 million Apple iPhone 5 units in the previous quarter that ended in December and says that there could be an upside surprise when Apple reports earnings for its latest quarter on January 23rd.
The analyst sees Apple caught between peaking growth and margins, and a low valuation. He says that a tech stock's momentum usually rules which means that Apple could drop further. Still, Milunovich sees a strong December quarter and with the stock trading at just 8 times forward earnings, the analyst has kept his buy rating with a target of $700.
Esrlier on Monday, the stock briefly dipped below $500 at $498.51 and has come off the lows trading now at $505.04, off $15.26.
1. TheLibertine posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:01 1 15
I do not care much about the commercial aspect of the mobile tech world, despite it being so crucifial. What i am looking forward is to products.
21. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 14 Jan 2013, 12:13 12 0
Bouncing back? Apple is down 3.6% at the moment
28. AnTuTu posted on 14 Jan 2013, 14:50 12 0
End of an era coming soon.
A company shouldn't be arrogant, selfish but should be respectful towards other tech companies. I hope someone would learn a lesson soon.
6. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:13 20 2
It's not Apple, it's the customers/endusers. There is not that much demand for the iPhone 5, it's simple as that. People are discovering that there are better smartphones out there.
8. PapaSmurf posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:16 23 1
Exactly. I'd pick up a One X+ for $199 instead of an iPhone 5. Why? 64GB vs. 16GB, better software, more customization, etc.
9. syedzain posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:38 3 16
I agree other platforms are best at customization... but related with the apps...Nothing can beat IOS apps... as i have been android and ios user.
Android = best customization+ Compatibility+Camera
IOS= Design+Camera+fluid+apps collection.
14. PhoneArenaUser posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:56 2 4
Android = Camera ???
15. Ninetysix posted on 14 Jan 2013, 12:01 1 7
22. PhoneArenaUser posted on 14 Jan 2013, 12:22 3 2
I don't understand what you want to say by posting this link?
40. joey_sfb posted on 14 Jan 2013, 18:01 1 0
Ninetysix, read this reviews there are 5 top camera phone including the iphone but for you it might as well be one iPhone
23. PhoneArenaUser posted on 14 Jan 2013, 13:14 9 0
How can Android be = Camera if Android is Operating System and Camera is Hardware ???
19. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 14 Jan 2013, 12:12 7 0
JB now is very smooth too, and has much better control and intuitive real multi-tasking unlike iOS. main apps now are as good on Android as on iOS, the only real advantage of iOS now is iTunes: better collection, lower price. But Google Play is catching up fast.
And then Android has absolute advantage in choice and affordability.
20. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 14 Jan 2013, 12:13 11 1
I am so tired of that. Look ALL the best apps in the world are available for BOTH Android & iOS. You are speaking like it's 2009 or something.
Have you tried Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? It's just as fluid as iOS.
This is 2013, things have changed since 2009. lol
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 14 Jan 2013, 13:21 6 1
yea, pretty much...........and you know whats kind of annoying? (not saying that this is soley his fault) but its the "unaware" things stated, like in his comments that paint a very "mis-informed" and wrong attitude towards android.......like you mentioned superandroidevo, it would make us (android) seem as if we havent gained any progress since 4 years ago :(
and most of know that is far from the truth
29. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 14 Jan 2013, 14:54 4 1
It's these people who claimed they have used BOTH Apple & Android. This maybe true but what Android version have they used. Please don't say Android 2.3 Gingerbread. lol
27. mwebber473 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 14:49 0 8
This is true, I've used both an iOS is a faster and more stable OS. I find myself way too often having to remove the battery from my Bionic because the phone is frozen on some app.
I rather have a phone that works when i need it to than to have the flexibility to add widgets, and other customization features.
Furthermore the apps on the iPhone are superior to those of the Android. Although the gap is closing slightly the difference is still quite noticeable.
34. androiddownsouth posted on 14 Jan 2013, 15:38 6 0
The Bionic isn't the best phone to compare to say an iPhone 5. Even I will tell you it is better than the Bionic. That said, the Bionic does not have the power of the newer devices out now nor does it have Android 4.1. 4.1 is extremely smooth. I have the DNA, and not once have I had this device freeze, or have to be reset in any way.
As for the app difference, I disagree with you. My fiancee has an iPhone and the apps we use, including some of the same games, are identical in operation and quality.
What you say may well be true compared to your Bionic, but I beg to differ as it compares to more updated devices.
30. tedkord posted on 14 Jan 2013, 15:02 4 0
Every app I use that both platforms have is just as good on my Android phone as on an iPhone. The biggies are Netflix, Sling Player. Gmail and maps are both better than on the iPhone platform.
Two years ago, yes. Sling player sucked then. But as in every other area, Android made huge strides, and iOS stayed mostly static.
48. darkdroid posted on 14 Jan 2013, 23:20 1 0
ya probably , but you should know playstore has more apps than appstore and about fluidity ,jellybean is more fluid and functional than ios6 which came with so called hidden "200" features
3. ilia1986 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:10 11 2
I don't care if it's old news or new news - it's great great news. >:D
4. _Bone_ posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:12 0 9
I would buy a 5" fullHD Apple phone, let's see what PA fans have to say about this!
7. PapaSmurf posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:14 10 1
Never going to happen. Why? Apple doesn't believe in using standard resolutions. If they're going to put a high area display on a phone, then they're going to increase it to a "unique" resolution. (1136x640)
10. syedzain posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:39 0 20
if its above 4.3 inches then its not a phone in my opinion.. if u like that much screen go buy urself a new laptop.
13. sats.mine2k4 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:52 6 0
sure go ahead nobody is stoppin ya!!! good luck carrying a laptop in your pocket...
for the more sensible they have Android...
32. tedkord posted on 14 Jan 2013, 15:03 7 1
Where can I get one of these imaginary 4.5" laptops?
37. faisolbauuz posted on 14 Jan 2013, 16:48 0 1
If apple release a 4.3/4.5 inch iphone 5s will you still buying it? Probably yes
50. darkdroid posted on 14 Jan 2013, 23:30 1 0
i guess if apple gave you 4.5 inches phone you would have worship it ,but dont worry u can easily find laptops ranging from 4.4 inches ,lmfao
36. ramonleonjr62 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 15:56 4 0
well it be nice to see it and then will like to hear them say thoses word it is a perfect size. and then l will call them hypocrites
49. darkdroid posted on 14 Jan 2013, 23:22 0 0
sure wait for about 7 years then u will get 1 ..good luck with that
5. PapaSmurf posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:12 6 2
45 million iPhones? I don't believe what analysts say anymore. They're only saying this so Apple's stock can go back up.
11. rusticguy posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:50 4 0
Analysts are worst than inside traders/jobbers on stock markets. Anyone remebers Rajat Gupta the insider guy languishing in jail probably? He wsa also from a Big name organization ...
12. Joker posted on 14 Jan 2013, 11:51 7 1
I wonder how much money did they pumped in to keep Apple stock afloat
16. nofear posted on 14 Jan 2013, 12:06 7 1
Apple shot themselve in a foot! becasue its technology old and stale.
17. lauremar posted on 14 Jan 2013, 12:07 6 1
Apple has peaked and it has nowhere else to go but down... All the iPhone/iPad users and stockholders at UBS can do whatever they want for damage control but they have to realize this...
25. InspectorGadget80 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 14:04 6 2
Cm on lets see dat stock drop down to 50-100$.
26. Pedro0x posted on 14 Jan 2013, 14:44 1 6
What the hell is wrong with apple haters. Apple is a great company and great for buyers and sellers. I serioursly hope that Apple will be okay because it makes a great competition for the other companies.
33. tedkord posted on 14 Jan 2013, 15:05 7 0
And it makes even greater anti-competition, via lawsuits and bullying.
38. InspectorGadget80 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 17:32 2 1
No one wants a anti competitor thats why we hate apple.
42. Droiddoes posted on 14 Jan 2013, 19:06 0 0
"Apple is a great company...because it makes a great competition for the other companies."
Said no one ever.
31. GoBears posted on 14 Jan 2013, 15:02 7 1
We hate them because they stifle innovation with all their ridiculous lawsuits. Just because you like them and think they are great does not mean we all do. I seriously hope they fold under and get out of the way. So the tech world can move forward without worrying about stupid lawsuits. Hope I google aapl tomorrow and see it at 400.
39. InspectorGadget80 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 17:34 1 1
Please don't use the word innovate apple hadnt innovate anything except their ipods which put them on top of the market.
44. stealthd posted on 14 Jan 2013, 19:33 0 2
It took Android phone makers years to catch up to the level of innovation Apple brought with the iPhone, quit fooling yourself.
47. -SEUL8TR- posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:16 0 0
Even they are, were crap comparing to Sony Mp3 players.
35. ramonleonjr62 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 15:47 5 1
that is bull hiding the truth like allways and that is apple an any way soon or later the trues will come out
43. stealthd posted on 14 Jan 2013, 19:28 2 2
The fanboyism in these articles is just hilarious. When the stock goes up, or some analyst makes ridiculously high predictions, they say it's just worthless speculation. When the opposite is reported, despite retractions and facts proving otherwise, it's always the "truth". Make up your minds fanboys, you can't have it both ways.