TrulyClean is a Samsung Galaxy S4 bloatware cleaning script
1. Whateverman (Posts: 3242; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Arggg! Wish this was Note 2 compatable.
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8317; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
This will not eliminate the bloat problem on the S4. If you want to do that, get the Goofle edition.
5. horsecock (unregistered)
You're a genius
11. kanagadeepan (Posts: 823; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
@ Mxyzptlk back in PA with a BANG (as Thumbs Down has been removed)...
Yes Mxyzptlk, you are a GENIUS... /s
3. YourNightmare (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Wow an app that uninstall all those S4 gimmicks that Samsung did commercials with.. kinda stupid x)
4. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Not really, because I would love to have some of those stupid gimmicks removed.
6. tedkord (Posts: 8289; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Which particular advertised gimmick for the S4 can't you turn of in settings?
7. ECPirate37 (Posts: 135; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I do not think it is so much turning them off, but not having them take up memory on the phone if you aren't going to use them. I can't speak for HASHTAG, but that is what I am suspecting was meant.
For me, one of the best things about flashing my ROM was getting rid of all of the bloat.
10. HASHTAG (unregistered)
ECPirate37 that is exactly what I mean. I wouldn't mind these gimmicks on the S4, but the fact that they take up almost half the phone's memory it does bother me. Then again, I do have an SD card, but still I would like to have more internal memory available, like for apps and other media.
12. iEpic (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Me, I like just make folders and put all the useless apps in the "trash" folder, and only open it when I need something in there.
13. roscuthiii (Posts: 2004; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
So, is root required for this, or no? Sounds like it's a prereq...