Nevertheless, we have seen some announcements take place already and there is plenty more to come. We – of course – are already in sunny Orlando preparing for a busy day. You can subscribe to our RSS feeds as we'll have a lot coming up, but you could also check out our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter, where we share our updates as well. The schedule for today is:
Day One Keynote - 9:00am – 10:30am EST | 6:00am – 7:30am PST | 1:00pm – 2:30pm GMT
- CTIA was dominated by Sprint and the HTC EVO launch last year, but will the pin pointing carrier manage to pull it off this year? We expect to hear more about this from CEO Dan Hesse. Julius Genachowski, chairman of the FCC, will also speak up and we look forward to his comments on the AT&T-Mobile deal.
Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2011- 11:00am EST | 8:00am PST | 3:00pm GMT
- Samsung unpacked a brand new Galaxy S II with much fanfare at MWC a month ago. What's coming next? Stay tuned as we'll most probably hear about the 8.9-inch super thin tablet in the company's Galaxy Tab lineup.
Sprint event - 1:30pm – 4:00pm EST | 11:30am – 1:00pm PST | 5:30pm – 9:00pm GMT
- Well, if Sprint fails to surprise us the first time, it has another event scheduled for just after lunch time. And that could well coincide with the launch of those yummy Gingerbread-powered HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO View 4G.
AT&T reception - 4:00pm – 7:00pm EST | 1:00pm – 4:00pm PST | 8:00pm – 11:00pm GMT
- We'll just remind you that AT&T is on its way to becoming the behemoth of carriers in the US and that should be enough to spur interest to all AT&T-related events.
Mobile Focus - 7:00pm – 10:00pm EST | 4:00pm – 7:00pm PST | 11:00pm – 2:00am GMT
- The Mobile Focus is one of the largest and best-attended events at CTIA and we see no reason why this could change in 2011. Of course, we'll be at this invitation-only event, just as Nokia, T-Mobile and RIM which will take center stage.
Which of the events excites you the most? Let us know in the comments section below!