The rumored iOS 8 split-screen multitasking for the iPad gets a video demo
1. vincelongman (Posts: 4441; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Cool, good job Apple
Hopefully Google put this in stock Android
This is better than their current 'draw on top' in some cases
19. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
"Cool, good job Apple"?????
iThought Multitasking was supposedly useless; iGuess it's REVOLUTIONARY when it's iMultiTasking (on a much smaller screen)!
Samsung should sue the crap out of k r. Apple!!!
2. uchihakurtz (Posts: 371; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I don't know how this gesture will work since there needs to be an app on the background I guess? iOS is getting fiercer if this is implemented correctly. I do hope Google competes with this on the upcoming I/O, otherwise, meh... Time to try out other platforms.
12. Finalflash (Posts: 3098; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
This will probably be only available to Apple apps only until next year. Apple apps have backgrounding permission so that likely won't be an issue.
3. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This is a completely innovative and revolutionary feature :D
16. o7o (Posts: 111; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
It's already a 2-year old feature of Windows 8/8.1..
4. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
If this feature is coming to iPad, then Apple, shut up, take my money and give me an iPad! :D
6. sip1995 (Posts: 1575; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Or you can buy a Windows tablet that you can you up to 4 apps running on the screen.
8. vincelongman (Posts: 4441; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Better yet get a Windows 8.1 tablet/hybrid/ultrabook or MacBook Air with proper x86 programs with the best multitasking
10. boosook (Posts: 1437; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Exactly, or a Samsung. With iOS 8 Apple is implementing tons of featurs already existing in Android, WP etc... notification center, interactive notifications, widgets, split screen, animated backgrounds... plus what they've already added in iOS 7.
I wonder if they'll keep suing Samsung and Google after iOS 8 is released...
11. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I'd get a Surface Pro 3 any day over any tablet. But I can't afford a SP3. Not that it's expensive or "overpriced" as some trolls may say, but my budget isn't that high. And under the money I can shell out, the iPad 4 is the best option. I don't want another Android tablet, since I had a horrid experience with the Nexus 7 (2012). Plus, if I buy an iPad, I can keep my Windows 8.1 totting Samsung laptop, so I can get the best of both worlds.
5. nlbates66 (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
suppose they're just getting the litigation team ready -.-
7. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
the power of 3rd party apps and open OS :)
9. imej88 (unregistered)
good way to convince Google to start implementing this feature. Love the Multi-Window feature on my Note 2.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 21322; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Good job apple, this will take the iPad to a higher level. Do you have MS's permission?
20. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
'Permission'???? Almost choked on my morning coffee. Apple doesn't ask, they just "borrow" (much like Bernie Madoff) and then claim it on a napkin.
You know, after they legalized all that cannabis in Nevada, your posts have gotten just ridiculously buttheaded.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 21322; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not interested in the dumb comments. Post that to Arte.
15. o7o (Posts: 111; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
Do people realize this is already a feature of Windows 8/8.1 tablets out there? Cuz comments seem to be ignorant of that and think of Apple as the one who innovated this idea!
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 21322; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hush dude, we know they didn't invent this.
18. BattleBrat (Posts: 1458; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Android has had full on resizable windows for years through apps for years!
22. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
If Google implements this feature in Android, Apple will sue them and claim that it was their innovation. So Google better act fast...
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 21322; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Talk tech sometimes, that's gotten old man.
24. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Now you can't expect tech related talks from fandroids can you?
Btw, which is a better buy at this point in time, an iPad 4 or an iPad mini with retina display?
25. joey_sfb (Posts: 5749; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Why would anyone buy an iPad 4 over iPad mini with retina?
Its either Air or mini with retina, plus a two months wait will get you Air 2 or mini 2 with retina.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 21322; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Mini with retina. I have one, better in the hand, and more powerful. It'll also be supported longer dude to the A7. Sorry for the late response.