The LG G4 passes through GFXBench, reveals Snapdragon 808 heart, 16MP camera, and more
9. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
I'm extremely happy they went with the 808. No overheating. And 2+4 is theoritically the optimal solution for a big.LITTLE SoC.
13. samsboy (unregistered)
Hello Tyrion, is 808 a 64 bit processor or not?, Don't really have and idea.
15. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Yes, it's a 64 bit processor and should lead to great battery life. The performance should be on par with 805.
19. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
But it's more efficient than the 420. 420 performance in benchmarks is great but it throttles in real games and can't sustain the performance. The 418 can surpass that if it's efficient.
45. MachDaddy (Posts: 51; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
Does anyone else read all of Tyrion's comments in his Game of Thrones character's voice? It really adds a degree of civility to the comments section here :)
22. sharks (Posts: 232; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
I am extremely happy and very satisfied already if LG indeed uses the 808 and not the problematic 810. 808 is still a beast and there is no huge margin in processing power compared to 810. In fact, if i were to choose between the cooler and more efficient 808 giving a longer lasting battery and no throttling in graphic-intensive games, i would prefer 808 over 810 any day, at least until 815 is released at the end of the year. 815 will probably appear in the Nexus 2015 at around December release, including the G4 Note. But 808 is definitely the wise choice for 2015, given the overheating issues that plagues the 810.
20. may_czos (Posts: 709; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)
808 is basically 810 with two cores less. And Adreno 418 is Adreno 330 equivalent. Overall this setup is SD801's equivalent.
26. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
418 is in between 330 and 420. It's more efficient than both.
28. obsidyen (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Feb 2015)
Yes, but it's 64 bit which is always a plus.
25. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3214; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I would say its more funny that's there might not be a sd card now all the folks crying about Samsung's galaxy s6 not having sd card can cry about this with a smaller processor gs6 ftw 2015
33. j2001m (Posts: 2758; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
If they do remove it this will help remove lag from there phones as the card reader lag the phone out, but they got big time software problems that they also need to sort out
41. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
its a good choice not to go with overheating SD810
50. waddup121 (unregistered)
>Sees Snapdragon 808
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
810 is flawed otherwise they won't go with 808
21. may_czos (Posts: 709; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)
808 is a 810 with two cores less and weaker GPU.
42. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
TRUE. LG MUST KNOW THAT SINCE THEY HAVE USED IT FOR G FEX2
3. q857261935 (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
I guess 808 is a wise choice. Hexa core, so a bit more power efficient than octa core. But does this also confirm that the 810 in the G Flex 2 really has issue that LG can't solve?
34. j2001m (Posts: 2758; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Hm, solve for QHD anyways, no phones going to work right in a small package this year with QHD using 810, it's junk
4. iphonexus (Posts: 130; Member since: 04 Jan 2015)
Throttled 810 = 808 .should go with exynos ... I am curious about gpu performance
6. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 895; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
It's on par or a bit lower to Adreno 420, and more power efficient.
5. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 895; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Qualcomm should make the S810 in hexa core instead of octa core.
8. CptPwn (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Mar 2015)
I agree totally! The 808 is more than enough and then some. Hope there will be more 808 phones to come. Cheaper than the 810 phones too, I hope.
23. may_czos (Posts: 709; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)
808 is 801's equivalent. Combine that with QHD resolution and it doesn't look so good anymore.
49. G9-Kokos (Posts: 27; Member since: 31 Jan 2015)
Ppl rly compare them linear.
Take into account the QHD and everything, we gonna have another G3 laggy phone this year.
And probably bad battery life too.
10. egbtmagus (Posts: 93; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
This also could be another G4 variant like the Vigor, Vista, Stylus or the other devices that had a Gx moniker last year but lower specs than their daddy.
11. Kumar123 (Posts: 447; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
I wish LG the best. I hope they will aggressively market this phone and do well in the market especially in the South Korea and USA market.
12. jessyi (Posts: 324; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
Very happy with the 808 decition...810 would need throttling for it to stay cool as a result lagggg...still eveb yhe 801 soc played very well on my g3 with no frame drops which i noticed..games such as asphlt 7 8,need for speed, modern combat,max papayne, dead trigger.....so the 808 will be more than enough.who cares about 0.5 of a second in speed diffrence.
14. TBomb (Posts: 666; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Maybe SAmsung was like "Yo bro, lemme have 2015 and you can have 2016. We need to steal this spotlight from Apple and we can't do that if we're fighting each other on the side"
Crazy theory but possible, i guess
16. Trex95 (Posts: 877; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Android 5.1 instead of dated 5.0.2, RAM 2.8 out of 3 GB for user, front facing camera 7MP!. Good move LG I think G4 even more powerful than S6 and note 4 grapics performance for sure better than Exynose and seems 808 has better ram mangmaent than previous 801 and 805.
18. UglyFrank (Posts: 1553; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
You are clearly mistaken, 808 is weaker than 810 and the GPU is weaker than the one in the S805 so there is no chance it will beat the Note 4 let alone the S6. However it may match the LG G2's onscreen performance.
29. Trex95 (Posts: 877; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Alright I got it. But 805 has more powerful GPU than Note 4 Exynose Mali 760 especially in grapics performance?! I try out both Note's variant Exyonse and SD 805 in gaming performance and I didn't noticed any different unless if you playing Asphalt 8 looks way better on SD 805 even I played the Asphalt on S6 still looks the same as Note 4 Exyonse garphics but with better smoother performance still not as detailed as SD 805!.
36. j2001m (Posts: 2758; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Hm, the s6 as an 8 core cpu, try again, I.e. It's not the same gpu as the note 4, the s6 kills the s810 in any game, you need to be looking at the off screen tests as all games run in 1080p and the s6 will do QHD on on screen tests in benchmarks that do not do real games tests I.e. That crap trex test you may have noted we make all the 1080p 810 phomes look good but it's not who you look at the on screen test, I.e. The s6 will run all over the lg G4 and any other q1 and q2 phone this year without even trying
40. Trex95 (Posts: 877; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
I know S6 has an 8 core chipset aka Exyonse Octacore 7420, Note 4 Exyonse Octacore comes with Exyonse 7 5433 both comes with Mali GPU I think 7610. What I meant texture and render including game effects looks better on SD 805 I think it's even better on 810 but throttling of 810 kills the performance.
46. mostafawael.1998 (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
Btw galaxy s6 has two extra shader cores (aka Mali-T760 MP8) and clocked at 772 MHz instead 700 MHz
Also S6 is using the 14 nm manufacturing process which is supposed to be both more power efficient and has higher performance. So I am guessing that S6 will have a noticeable performance boost in the graphics department. Sure Qualcomm makes better GPU, but Sammy is upping their games by skipping stairs (14 nm vs 20 nm) instead of focussing on producing a better GPU or innovating, which I am sure they will do later on. I was not that impressed with Sammy and disliked them, but starting from the Note 4 they began to dramatically improve, which is good! Anyways, let's wait to see S808 performance.
53. alex3run (Posts: 710; Member since: 18 May 2014)
If you wanna compare texturing of Mali T760 and Adreno 420 then play CarX Drift Racing.
If you are ready to test the game on Adreno 420 then email me email@example.com
I don't trust any benchmarks since Galaxy S4 octa outperforms Note 4 in most games I tried even reaching a lot lower benchmark scores.
52. alex3run (Posts: 710; Member since: 18 May 2014)
I think you're not saying everything... ;)
My Note 4 Exynos handles Asphalt 8 with 60 fps framerate.
Maybe your Note was throttled? Then agree.
54. mostafawael.1998 (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
My friend's note 4 handles Asphalt 8 really smooth
I wonder how will the S6 have things handled in gaming ?
24. may_czos (Posts: 709; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)
SD808 has pretty weak GPU, Adreno 418 is basically Adreno 330 so there will be no step forward from the G3.
37. j2001m (Posts: 2758; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
The lg will get the it's got a very long battery thing going on in all reviews, so they say it's better than last year in the reviews and so in, I.e. The lg G4 will be the battery phone for 2015
27. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3214; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The only thing here it's people will see the cpu is 808 and not the 810 and think less of a phone and snapdragon problems and won't buy
31. Furbal (Posts: 894; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
If they price it cheaper like the g2/g3 were (heavily discounted pretty quickly) i see this as a win.
If its HMP/hitting all 6 at once, it'll probably work better then a throttling 810.
38. j2001m (Posts: 2758; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Yes it mat be a good idea to setup so all 6 cores run at the same time all of the time, aprt from very small loads
43. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
yes lg g4 will be more cheaper than competitors.
because g4 note will be released in the 3rd quarter of this year
39. musicmzz (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Its still attractive upcoming phone because of the price
47. kassi (Posts: 109; Member since: 25 May 2013)
this thing better have the sickest battery life or else they wont have any selling points except the price. And with the low Prices they wont make big profits thats bad because they cant put the money in innovation then.
48. G9-Kokos (Posts: 27; Member since: 31 Jan 2015)
So instead going with the obvious Exynos chip they decided to put a refurbished last year chip, that even has weaker GPU than last years 805.
If this phone is more than 300 then its DOA