Sub-$300 12-inch Windows tablet coming and will eventually dual-boot Android
3. joey_sfb (Posts: 5339; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Just order a Dell 7140 from eBay. Intel Core M for the same price.
6. sgodsell (Posts: 3233; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Core M is older than the Z8300. Plus the Core M is only a dual core And clocked lower than the Quad core Z8300.
It would be nice if you can replace Windows 10 with Linux.
8. guest (Posts: 338; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Uh core M > Cherrytrail Z8300 you are talking Core vs Atom quite a huge difference. I have the Cube i7 stylus with core m and it's a pretty decent machine
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 5339; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Avoid Intel Atom if possible.
5. JocularJ (Posts: 91; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Looks like a SD slot next to the USB 3.0 port so there may be hope for expandable memory. Other than that, I'll be getting one or 2
7. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 2158; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
The #1 image in the gallery looked like a toyPad running Windows, but then the tons of ports in the other images showed how significantly more useful and future-proof it can be than the toyPad XL and even Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro S with it's pointless limitation to 1 port like overpriced 2015 MacBook.
Well done CHUWI, yet another perfect proof that bastardized ARM tablets are overpriced jokes...
11. BradyCrack (Posts: 494; Member since: 29 Dec 2015)
What? I'd rather this than bad quality over priced android tablets.
13. duartix (Posts: 283; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
Teclast models are better built and better specced.
For this price you will typically get either Core M or Z8500/8700 with 8GB of RAM. Granted they will have FHD resolution panels and slightly lower capacity batteries, but that's one compromise I understand to be positive.
19. razmahtaz001 (Posts: 57; Member since: 11 May 2013)
i have a teclast x98 air 3G that dual booted windows 8 and android...when booted into android, tablet will always give me messege about brightness being throttled due to thermel event, which dimmed my screen so much that it wasnt worth staying on android anymore...i like using android on a tablet but have since only booted into windows 8 on my teclast. no brighness throttling in windows. anyway, ive also read online that other chinese tablets have the same brightness throttling issue...and i will avoid these chinese tablets from now on.
14. Baracus (Posts: 223; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
You can also get the 7.9" version for around $110
15. 497362 (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Aug 2015)
I had a chuwi device. Poor buikd quality, and an inferior processor than stated in the "about" info! Yes, they lied about the processor in the device! Device worked ok but only lastwd a year. I wont be buying another chuwi unless they prove they have upped their game.
17. Sovat_fc (Posts: 224; Member since: 30 Aug 2014)
Chuwi is not well known yet, but never underestimate a Chinese company. Let's look at Xiaomi. Nobody knew the company before 2014. Now they jump to the top 5 of world most popular smartphone brands.
20. jonehe (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Jan 2016)
but chuwi is ... you know their quality.
there is no one like them in china...
such low price can only come with horrible quality ..