Specs leak that may be the $99 Nexus 7
1. ZayZay (Posts: 565; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
I have one and looks like I can get my wife off of mine with that $99 price point. Cha ching!
12. MeoCao (unregistered)
I'm sure that will not happen, Asus would kill their own business if they do so.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Forget about the micro sd, 99 dollar can actually kill the tablet all over the world
3. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Where is there anything hinting at it being a Nexus tablet?
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
There is nothing that directly insinuates Nexus, but ASUS only has two 7" tablets in its lineup, and the MeMo hasn't been seen in a while, so the likelihood is that it's a Nexus.
6. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
But the SD card slot and "outdated" software suggest it isn't a Nexus.
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Which is why I said that we're extremely skeptical about this report.
11. JGuinan007 (Posts: 641; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Sounds like a China special that won't hit US at all or a China white box
16. fouadysf (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Dec 2012)
Weren't there reports that Asus was making its own cheap 7 inch tablet? Couldnt this be that. Would explain the sd card slot
4. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
make sense..since there's no 8GB version now..so probably the past 8GB will be $99!
8. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Or... it's definitely not a Nexus device given the information that says it doesn't have 4.2 listed but does have an SD card lot listing. Google's trying to get away from SD card slots to spur use of Google Drive. I can't see Google taking a step back for the current Nexus 7 screen resolution of 1280 x 800 (is that correct?).
More than likely to me this would be just an Asus branded tablet with vanilla Android... possibly an updated MeMo, as Michael mentioned in the commentary of not hearing about it in a while. I would think that it would make it more plausible to be a MeMo(-esque) tab than being a Nexus branded tab.
9. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
a single core 1 GHz processor will not be enough, except if they are using A-15. IMO, at least TI OMAP 4430 or nova thor dual core
14. xfire99 (Posts: 570; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Singel core is enough, if not using tablet for playing games and phones were using singel core before dual/quad released. Dont see why it isnt enough now, when it was enough before?
Surfing, video, photos and apps using dont need dual/quad for it.
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6740; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I don't think SONY will make a 99$ tablet their not that cheap in a way though. Plus their a lot of cheap tablets that doesn't perform well
13. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
If this is really going to be released for 99 dollars, I don't think most people who buy it will use google drive or any other cloud service so having an micro sd slot is not a bad option.
If Asus are making this I just hope they price it properly in my country (Nexus 7 16 GB costs almost 400 US dollars in India).
15. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
You get Nexus 7 32GB for $390 on ebay india.
19. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Ebay/Amazon does seem to be only option for us unless we have any friends/relatives at places where it is available through play store.
18. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I think they should bring back the 8GB of the Nexus 7 for $149.99 :)