146 x 72 x 7.3 mm
5.36 oz (152 g)
142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm
5.11 oz (145 g)
146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm
5.26 oz (149 g)
146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm
5.64 oz (160 g)
10. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 279; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
So is the only choice this year for an 805 processor in a phone the Note 4?
29. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I don't comment like that, wth has that to do with me anyway. O.o
33. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Oh, he looks so lazy in that photo, Why would I use an avatar like that :D
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't forget about the HTC One M8 Max, Motorola Moto X+1 and the others, this year's IFA is gonna be a big surprise for us.
15. iamoa (unregistered)
they are doing what nokia/ms did to lumia 530 from lumia 525 i.e "newer but downgraded". z3 will be newer but downgraded/outdated (at that time of the year specially) if these are the real specs.
22. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
What did you all expect, they update it twice a year!
27. iamoa (unregistered)
so whats the point of launching 2 IDENTICAL (or a downgraded) phone twice a year? tbh, i would rather suggest sony to update the Ultra series in fall like samsung does in fall to Note series and S series in spring.
35. nnjerzy (Posts: 115; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
No really big difference at all.... I have the z2.. and im staying with it,, Sony could have improved the volume and a few other things as well but I see they didnt. I dont know if I will switch back to my G3 or not.
34. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
But also really nice if Sony reduces the price of the Z2 after the Z3 is announced :)
3. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Okay now I'm hoping that this is not a thing? Serious as much as I'm a die-hard Sony fan, this is really unacceptable...
24. ThreeFourSeven (Posts: 34; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Completely agree as a Sony fan also.
21. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
GFXbench recognizes 801 also as 800.
Doesn't mean much anyways.
5. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Its probably what they wanted Z2 to be but didn't have enough time to do it. So just finish the Z2 as it should have been and pray to the gods of cell phones that iPhone 6 will look uglier, be fatter and doesn't steal any sales.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
You are praying for the impossible. iPhone 6 will sell huge for one big enough reason- larger screen.
17. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 724; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
That can't be right? Steve told us time and again that the iPhone 4 had the perfect sized screen! So did all the iPhone owners!!!
19. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I'd rather keep my Z2 than take this for FREE.
26. Busyboy (unregistered)
28. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Looks better and for now it even seems to be better.
But I'll wait before saying my final words.
31. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Z2>Z3 in terms of looks and design, atleast IMO.
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Epic fail. Sony execs should really remove their heads from their a**** and ditch that waste 6 month upgrade cycle.
9. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
The first time when people will prefer to buy a flagship's predecessor.
12. uchihakurtz (Posts: 358; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Wow, I think this a flagship every 6 month strategy ain't looking good with only external changes but then again we've reached the peak of specs until 64bits or other improvement comes to play. I hope they at least improve the camera and other features.
14. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What is this, the return of the Z1? Snapdragon 800? Seriously? I really hope that this is the US variant of the Z2 because it's the only variant that's missing on the Z2.
20. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah I hope this will just be like the Z1S for the US market and they will actually unveil something completely unleaked at IFA. Or just wait for 2015. Other ways this will be beyond just a huge disappointment.
18. drazwy (Posts: 190; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Makes sense. They never were able to really get the Z2 out to the masses in a reasonable amount of time. Missed their window with all the delays and problems. So, regroup and try again with the Z3 and see if they can get it right this time. With no changes, they basically just rebrand it.
23. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Kind of a bummer for Sony fans.
What is Sony thinking?
25. 1701nino (unregistered)
What the hell Sony??? Why should anybody buy this over xperia Z2