Sony Xperia Z1 Compact finally official with 4.3" HD display and 20 MP camera
1. Jklaz (Posts: 159; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Verizon??? Please???????? Please phone gods please
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It'll never go on sale On Verizon. The last Sony phone they sold was the Play 3G, which was in 2011.
27. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Smurf i have a oftopic regarding amoled screen.
it says led can damage our eyes ?
does it mean amoled can damage our eyes ? whats your opinion. ? the source is famous indian news paper and trusty .
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
LED lights as in flashlights and other light sources. Viewing a smartphone screen thats AMOLED will not affect you.
2. ara.armagedon (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 May 2013)
Love the hardware and the screen res, too bulky though!
9. eltahur (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Agreed. moto x is same size and lighter but with bigger screen. it would have been a great phone if the bezels were much smaller.
20. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
does moto x has 20.7MP with larger sensor
does moto x is a water/dust resistance
does moto x has snapdragon 800
Sony has to sacrifice a lot just to give you what you complaint on a 5in phone, still people complain!
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It having a S800 has NOTHING to do with it's bulkiness. The reason is due to the sensor size and it being WD resistant.
38. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Bulky my ass. Smartphone users have become wimps ;o)
11. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
And the bezels are just not acceptable, especially for 2014.
13. _KIRA_ (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Dec 2013)
Every time a new iphone comes out, no one complains.
26. kanagadeepan (Posts: 926; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
We are NOT complaining because those people in iPhone camp NEVER listens...
16. Paximos (Posts: 158; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
really? See, you can nitpick these things forever if you're so inclined
29. HASHTAG (unregistered)
2014 just started and you're already justifying rather something is acceptable or not?
40. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Did you ever think that its bulky cause it has IP58 certification? "dust resistant" and can be "immersed in 1.5 meter of freshwater for up to 30 minutes" If it wasnt IP58 certified and it was just a simple smartphone it could have been as thin as an iphone.
5. shahulvm (Posts: 124; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Love it SONY, keep them coming....Premium build, priced right, waterproofing a bonus...
Have the Z Ultra and would get this to complement it...
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
My dream phone has arrived! This is amazing Sony
7. Killertech2099 (Posts: 148; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
This is why i love T-mobile keep it up!!
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The little beast has finally arrived! I have said it before and I will say it again, this is what you call a true mini. Hell yea!
10. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Sony needs to go deeper. Bring back the X10 mini size!
37. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
A touchscreen phone with X10 mini size would be very bad idea because the display will be too small for texting, internet browsing or video playback.
I think 4.3-4.7 inch phone is the best screen size for one single hand use.
14. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Finally a small Android device that has high end spec. Hopefully it means others will take que and do the same hint Samsung and htc.
15. ImmaculateChimp (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Even if this doesn't come to verizon or wherever will one still likely be able to buy it from sony's website and take it to their carrier of choice and purchase a sim card and phone plan for it, and be all set and everything? I mean, does it include all the proper internal antennas for the u.s. cellphone companies?
17. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Beautiful device is it too late to trade my Z1 for this love the YELLOW COLOR
18. ngyixian96 (Posts: 91; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
The worst name ever in Sony xperia series.
Whatever , we still calling it Z1S.
41. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
You prefer to be called Z1 mini like every other freaking mini version of a flagship? Its unique and S stand for small. Kudos to them.