Samsung's clamshell W2016 is official: Exynos, 3 GB RAM, 16 MP camera and Lollipop
1. mistercarter (Posts: 349; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
ewwww, it must be a real pain in the a** to use a OS designed for touch-input with a 4 directions keypad
6. antmiu2 (Posts: 295; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
there will be touchscreen on both sides.. I would really like for other form factors make a comeback like clamshell and sliders with good specs and competitive prices.
15. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7906; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Ewwwww. It must be a real pain to wake up and be a trolling imbicile
31. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1097; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Actually your statement is not true. The beauty of Android is that it can be customized and there have been examples in the past of Android having alternate inputs other than touch. For example, the new Blackberry Priv is able to recognize the inputs from the keyboard for navigational purposes on the OS. So I see no problems with it. Also, as others have mentioned it will have a touchscreen.
4. amanjain1 (Posts: 56; Member since: 28 Apr 2015)
6.0 released like a month back.It takes months to design and test a new model.
16. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7906; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Because when they were designing an testing the phone, Android 6.0 wasn't available. DUh!
It's been repeated so many times. When an OEM is designing a product, they can only test it with what software is available. If a new software pops up, you can't just stop development you've spend million on to just start over.
It has been like this for years. How many times have you seen brand new PC's come out with an older OS, when a newer one has been already released?
3. amanjain1 (Posts: 56; Member since: 28 Apr 2015)
are they going to release it in India?My grandpa would love to have it..He is still using his nokia and not ready to get a new iPhone or a Galaxy.He might just go for it
7. Plume-Veil (banned) (Posts: 174; Member since: 19 Nov 2015)
Samsung focuses on ergonomics rather than design like SONY.
13. _KIRA_ (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Dec 2013)
Glad you were able to get that off your chest. Rest easy.
19. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1940; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
But I Love The Xperia Z Design. And The S6,N5 Are Gorgeous.
8. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Just remove the Samsung logo and make the 'face' look cleaner.
21. willard12 (Posts: 1515; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
In Japan, they'll probably remove the Samsung logo.
9. dazed1 (Posts: 305; Member since: 28 Jul 2015)
7420 in such phone is beyond stupid, they could use something around S615/617 level (Exynos version) and still it be more then fast enough, while costing much less.
11. Plume-Veil (banned) (Posts: 174; Member since: 19 Nov 2015)
Wait and save up for 2-3 Months and then buy it. Why settle for average, when the best is all you need.
10. zeeBomb (Posts: 1733; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
Talk about the S6 reincarnated into flip phone form
12. AustinPaul (Posts: 67; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Looks very interesting to me. I really miss talking on cell phones. I can always use a deactivated, Wi-Fi only, phone for browsing, etc.
14. Landon (Posts: 374; Member since: 07 May 2015)
No headphone jack? So you have to brush the dust off that old mp3 player to listen to music?
17. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7906; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Why do you need a headphone jack. ever heard of Bluetooth Headphones?
It would be cool if Samsung includes bluetooth headphones with the phone.
22. Landon (Posts: 374; Member since: 07 May 2015)
I have but I've always thought the sound quality of bluetooth headphones are inferior to a wired headset. I guess it all depends on how much money you're willing to shell out for a quality bluetooth headset.
I agree though...throw in some bluetooth headphones with this phone to make it more enticing.
34. rency0722 (Posts: 152; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Not with Sony's LDAC. I've also always though of mediocre sound quality until I heard high-res audio over Bluetooth.
27. zunaidahmed (Posts: 443; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
This is stupid, headphone jacks are a must, Bluetooth music quality totally sucks, not to mention Bluetooth pairing doesn't always work like a charm. Bluetooth headphones are like touchpad for laptops, yeah they are ok for general purpose but it's never gonna replace a good old mouse, same goes for the headphone jack in this phone. Samsung made a stupid choice, but I doubt this phone is for mainstream anyways, in China, w2015 sold for over 1400 USD, so fxxk this phone, just a overpriced crap from Samsung (not spec wise but price wise crap).
30. javy108 (Posts: 1004; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
TechiexP, a phone with no headphone jack= never buying.
18. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7906; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Those are some nice looking flip-phones. Reminds me of the old Motorola Razr phones. I like the twist on the S6 curved body.
24. DmitrLP (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Sep 2015)
That's a bad ass phone, although i wouldn't buy i admire it, it's a masterpiece of design. Depending on the sells and if it's demanded soon we'll see others emerging into it, since from what it looks like everyone has come to a halt with making anything different nowadays.
25. MadManG2015 (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Nov 2015)
If i had an Iphone i would trade it for that one.
28. Sondae (Posts: 277; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Well it does looks good but the price is for rich people. It's said to cost a whopping CNY 9,999, which is $1,565 or €1,470 at the current exchange rates said by gsmarena lol.
29. Ninetysix (Posts: 2316; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
It doesn't matter how much it cost. TechieXP will find an excuse. He's currently typing a response as long as a novel regarding how the price is justified. Please wait for a few more minutes.
33. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Depending on how bulky it is I would consider it if it was released in Canada. I don't have to make that decision though.
35. fyahking (Posts: 859; Member since: 28 Jan 2015)
I'll buy that gold one so I can hang it on my wall.:)
36. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
So this should give us a general idea of how big the fold-able Galaxy will be. 3.9 inches in folded one hand mode. And whatever diagonal 3.9 + 3.9 is when unfolded.
Any way calculate the diagonal of two 3.9 inch displays connected together? My math problem solving skills are quite rusty.
37. dancheung77 (Posts: 191; Member since: 28 Jan 2015)
I actually really like what they are doing this time around with the flip phone, kudos to Sammy.
38. stuck_788 (Posts: 47; Member since: 26 Jul 2013)
I would buy immediately if they make it available in western countries!
40. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
Not a chance! this stuff is a no-go to me.