Samsung tweets 'Be Ready 4 The Next Galaxy' invitation for Times Square Galaxy S IV festivites March 14
1. PunyPoop (Posts: 715; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
PA is getting excited! more income from Samsung :))
4. shahulvm (Posts: 112; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Yep, been the case with for quite sometime now...Lot of ad revenues from Sammy...
11. rgxVOiD (Posts: 433; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
I though that Apple was the best at marketing...
26. hung2900 (Posts: 793; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Many marketing analysts used to thought that, even until now there are still many lecturers still teaching students about the most efficient marketing of Apple.
But marketing is not only about the efficiency. In the case of Samsung, the extreme growth tells a lot.
27. rahulzz (Posts: 9; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
I beg to differ.. Samsung's marketing has been cheap compared to others. They have lost their standards (I'm not sure as to when they had one). The marketing style that they are following is nothing new to Apple. In fact Sammy is literally following apple's way.
38. hung2900 (Posts: 793; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I don't wanna bass anybody, but I feel not very well which such a stupid comment like this.
First, I don't understand of cheap? Double the sale for one year with 4 billion of advertisement is cheap? Or maybe somebody having mental problems that cannot understand this word.
Second, if the marketing of Samsung is following Apple, so can we say Apple pays a lot of money for advertisement? For discounting to retailer? Maybe only somebody with low IQ believe in that.
37. MalarangengTukangNgutil (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Apple is NOT best in marketing
STEVE JOBS is BEST in mind control
unfortunately for apple, he die.
3. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Will be front and center here in New York City at the unpacked event March 14th. It will be a great time.
25. tusshharish (Posts: 341; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
please samsung surprise us........
wish you best for another galaxy........
5. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
What does they mean by episode 1 ? Is there an episode 2 of the galaxy note 3 ?
13. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
yes , it could be the NOTE 3 and i wish it will be like 5.7-6" unlike huawei tablet sized phone.
6. redmd (Posts: 882; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I wish it will be inspired by the Wave series. metallic finish FTW
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3994; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I just thought of that, the Wave series was very nice looking.
Also, I kind of want to see that sliding method for the battery compartment that was in the Wave 3; it gives access to the battery and memory slots without compromising build quality. If they could fit that into a slimmer package, the chances of me actually buying the GS4 would skyrocket.
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3994; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Don't disappoint Sammy, I'm sure everyone still wants a new design. Otherwise, I have no doubts this is going to be a great event.
18. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
then why bother going to this article?
21. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
aaaand commented to article ? seems legit
40. donfem (Posts: 526; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
You had a choice... ignore it but you did not
15. McJobs (Posts: 106; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
What we already know about SIV
build quality: poor
39. SleepingOz (unregistered)
McJobs: insecure troll
17. wando77 (Posts: 282; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Think there is a reason they have given the '4' a metallic look?
19. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
many people complaining abt d build quality, is the galaxy s3 prone to destruction just by a snap?..
29. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
and why hate samsung? i cant find any reason to hate samsung... if they dont want the company and they have their own favorite manufacturer then stick to it, not by disrespecting the entire MARKET!!! this is a market wherein everyone is being inspired by another and just want to make the best thing out of the box...
41. Taters (Posts: 2865; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Human nature. Or should I say the nature of idiots. Like I said, when the best the enemies can come up with is cheap plastic and spending too much on marketing then you know its a great product.
43. donfem (Posts: 526; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
They want everyone to reason, think, eat, and use the same phone... just to belong with the crowd. Childish and ridiculously retarded
45. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
calm down dude.. Apple haters do that to Apple articles all the time.. so don't complaint and take it like a man.
47. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
".. so don't complaint and take it like a man."
That'sh what I shaid to yoor moother lasht night. While I wasch doing her.
30. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3994; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
No, the durability is fantastic, it's the quality that I'm after.
Glossy polycarbonate with a flimsy removable back should be a no go. It looks cheap. It might feel alright, and be durable, but I like my phones to LOOK good as well.
46. adk199 (Posts: 23; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
I think my phone looks good. SG3. Love the easily removable back. Even works so well that i wonder if i should skip a generation.... In two weeks i know :-)
51. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
And then you put a plastic / rubber case on it.
52. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3994; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I actually prefer my phones to be bare, it's just when I root and lose my warranty I get a case for it. But, since I only rooted my GS2 because Touchwiz was unbearable and got CM10, I doubt I'll root my next phone.
22. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
"Samsung Unpacked 2013 Episode 1" I wonder if this means they've got a few things lined up this year. Not just this and the Note 3.
23. jbitounis (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
You know the drill people: it's yet another uber phone with even higher specs than the previous one (a few weeks ago) and that's how it goes nowadays in the mobile world: more pixels per inch, more RAM, more cores etc. This is getting boring...
24. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
the Ad backround seems to me like the S4 back cover finish...
32. Diego! (Posts: 504; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I read that in AndroidAuthority and it could be very factible! :D
28. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Interested to see what this one is going bring to the table.
31. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
And that will win the smartphone of the year award next year as usual. Im yet to see anything close to threatening this phone yet.
35. redmd (Posts: 882; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Its not even released yet, but your story is likely.
34. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
no wonder the times square dubbed as "the crossroad of the world"
36. robertovj3 (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
am i the only one that sees the shadow that possibly represents the phone and the S pen? bascially saying that the s4 will come with an S pen.
50. ohiwastedmylife (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
WOAH IT TOTALLY DOES HAVE THE SPEN HIDDEN IN IT! GOOD CATCH!
Take a close look at the '4' and you will see the same grip that is on the S Pen button! That is awesome if that is what they are hinting at!
53. robertovj3 (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
even in some pics the "4" look like it is hand written .
44. Taters (Posts: 2865; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Should be leaked soon since I don't have much faith in New Yorkers keeping this away from the media. Samsung outsources their reps from agencies and I see no incentive for the reps that will run the times square booths to keep the GS4 a secret. They are probably calling their reporter friends right now. Hey! I got my GS4!
49. ohiwastedmylife (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Any word on the Note 3? I haven't seen any news for it, just the S4.
54. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
the local retailer in india has already released the picture of the S4 on the website
its comes with the exynos 5 processor,full hd screen with PPPI of 441 and 2600mah battery
55. Diego! (Posts: 504; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Why does it have two cameras? Is it a 3D phone? I don´t think so. But thanks for the tip :)