Samsung trademarks Galaxy A6, A8, and A9, we all know what this means
1. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
Good. Hope they make their smartphone line-up more simpler from now on.
No more shitty Young Neo Mega Ace Plus Style Duos.
2. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Isn't Z for tizen? They aren't, per se, Galaxy phones right?
7. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
Well, it's still one of their "smartphone line-up".
10. maherk (Posts: 3415; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
From the look of it, that's their new strategy. Giving the costumers less option, with better quality and less confusing names. I am glad Samsung has suffered badly last year, because it seems that they had to push the panic button and listen to what the costumers want.
19. jonathanbond100110 (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 May 2013)
LOL. To dodge a lawsuit from Audi they refused to call it the Audi A5, A7, and A8. Fail
21. adeeb (Posts: 10; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
I am confused I think when confusion is there apple will sort it out,although I use android tab and wp.
8. hung2900 (Posts: 949; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
In my country, Galaxy A7 is equivalent $470 officially and $430 in store, and we get a beautiful phone with very thin (more than 6+) alluminum unibody and 1080p Amoled screen, Snapdragon 615, good rear and front cameras and a good brand.
What do you want more? Dont forget there is an Exynos 5430 version too.
4. AlikMalix (Posts: 5053; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I already own an A6... it's got 7 inch screen, navigation, voice control for multi-media infotainment (MMI), panoramic views, battery recharges when you use it, made out of glass, metal/alumenum and plastic, with leather. Pretty heavy though.. Xenon light in the front, but LED in the back. Every option included. But instead of 8 cores, it's got 8 cylinders.
13. medtxa (Posts: 1115; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
Oh what samsung did to you, you sound bitter :D
15. ChrisK_5434 (Posts: 22; Member since: 24 Oct 2014)
He is talking about AUDI A6! You didn't get the (very nice ) joke!
17. maherk (Posts: 3415; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Let's hope next time you do get the joke ;P
5. vuyonc (Posts: 987; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Um, what's the point? The Galaxy A series is just fine at the moment. Samsung should know by now that market flooding is no longer a very profitable solution! In fact, they should leave their lineup alone for a few months.
6. Sidewinder (Posts: 409; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Just now had a visit to the local Samsung showroom and saw the e5 e7 a5 and a7. Gotta admit these phones looked amaxing and felt very good at hand.
9. senbobaggins (Posts: 8; Member since: 22 May 2011)
Why do Samsung still use the 'Galaxy' branding. Why not simply use 'Alpha' for their newer devices. I mean 'Samsung Galaxy Alpha' just seems silly to me?
11. maherk (Posts: 3415; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Samsung uses Galaxy for the devices that are running on Android.
14. medtxa (Posts: 1115; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I think Galaxy brand is for their android phone or tablet. So it is not for their TV..
18. bubbadoes (Posts: 815; Member since: 03 May 2012)
a bunch of junk!! Galaxy S 6 what???? Like I said followed by many variants.
20. GeorgeDao123 (Posts: 423; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
After Sammy has got rid of a hole, they're going to step in another similar one.
22. SmartphoneAndPrice (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Oct 2015)
A8 has now already made its presence as it was launched recently and A9 had leaked once or twice in the past but there is no news about the A4 and A6 smartphones. But as far the rumors to be believed the A4 and A6 will make the route for themselves with A9 at CES 2016.