Samsung Taiwan's "Sorry Potter" ad for Samsung Galaxy S4 is magical
We know that answering the phone or controlling the handset with a swipe of your hand isn't magic. It is the Air Gesture feature that is available on the Samsung Galaxy S4. Also displayed are other features like Smart Pause and Dual Shot. The former stops a video once the front-facing camera realizes that you are no longer looking at the screen. It resumes playing the video from the point where you left off once your eyes are back on the display. The latter allows you to take a single picture using both the front-facing and back-facing lens at the same time.
You can check out the ad by clicking on the video below.
source: SamsungTaiwan via SammyHub
40. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Sophomoric humor at best. Some would say it's not even good enough to be called chessy.
18. the_best (Posts: 135; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
no its wingaaaaaaaaaaardium levioooooooosa! =)
4. chocolaking (Posts: 440; Member since: 22 May 2012)
epic fail of those useless features..
but good job on the commercial!!
12. Android-Boxer (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
How is it an epic fail? Oh lemme guess, you ain't as smart as even the phone right? Nokia and Apple make phones for dumb people like you.. Buy one and do yourself a favor :)
38. E.N. (Posts: 2316; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Dude, those "features" are pathetic. Not only are they useless, but they sometimes get in the way when you're trying to use the phone like a normal person. Don't be a fanboy
As for the ad, I probably would have liked it more if I knew what she was saying. It looked like an amateur video.
41. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The video is aimed at the Taiwanese market.
Did you not notice the traditional Chinese logograph subtitles?
45. E.N. (Posts: 2316; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Nope, I didn't notice the subtitles at all, I was too busy trying to understand her english through her thick accent
Obviously this video is aimed at the Taiwanese market....doesn't take a genius. But just because it's aimed at a different market doesn't mean I won't have an opinion. At the end of the day, it looked like a pretty cheap/amateur video....poorly made advertisement.
42. Android-Boxer (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
"use the phone like a normal person" lol! what you mean?
U think these features are made for aliens? Dude, I don't wanna call you a dumbass, but you know most of these features are set to "OFF" by default.. You can turn them "ON" only if you want..
44. E.N. (Posts: 2316; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
If someone likes the eye scroll feature or the air gestures and decides to leave it on, very often the "features" are used unintentionally i.e. switching between browser tabs, change songs, scroll up/down accidentally, etc etc.
Did I dumb it down enough for you dumbass?
7. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Life of Tien.. when it is going to Air?.. hahaha good job samsung
8. Kal-el (Posts: 91; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
....and i thought the over acting was only in anime...
9. pwnarena (Posts: 905; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Look, they can actually produce something that does not bash Apple. It's even better. It's positive. Good vibes.
16. darkskoliro (Posts: 976; Member since: 07 May 2012)
its probably because its from Taiwan hahaha. Their marketing ethics is different to other countries, you wont see many (if at all) advertisements that rip into their competition. They're more comedy based for advertisements usually
21. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 952; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Except for the whole "paying students to rip the HTC One" schtick.
22. joey_sfb (Posts: 2931; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I like the part where the kid say "Hello, Mummy!!"
10. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1144; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
life of tier- translates tiger language
23. duwiegeneral (Posts: 48; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
this air whatever feature would b great for smartphones that use physical keyboard but doesn't make sense for a touch screen phone that begs to b touch!! instead why not get a sony z which is dust n water proof wet r dirty hands r a lumia with super sensitive screen that can b use with any material
24. Gaurav008 (Posts: 274; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Don't bring Harry Potter into this, Samsung. >_< You possess gimmicks, buoy while Mr.Potter here possesses the most equisite and exotic magical skills. Sorry Samsung. FAIL AD!
28. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Even the most critical part of your emotion is flaming with your hate against samsung in just a simple commercial ad..
Wtf are people right now
35. Gaurav008 (Posts: 274; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I was trolling here. I don't absolutely hate companies , I love tech. Just that.
26. ozvic (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
shes one of the most popular star in taiwan, for those of you who dont know. she has 25 millions fans on weibo (chinese version of twitter)
27. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
huh? a cell phone you HAVE to hold but DONT HAVE to touch to operate?? i'm confused...
32. koloss (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
i don't know but as a big fan of Harry Potter i feel offended
34. -box- (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So Samsung users are admittedly liars and charlatans? I'll believe that.
Cute concept, though.
36. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 366; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
1:15 says even the faces on the westerners look the same lol (shocking cuz of the thunder!!)
43. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Awesome Commercial! hahaha You did it again Samsung! i THINK 9/10 Commercials of GS2,GS3 GS4, NOTE 2 are very funny and cool. I think Sammy should make movie hahaha! And by the way, those features of S4 are very innovative. very advanced and very useful! Come on Samsung Jealous haters, don't be so ridiculous, I'm sure if those awesome features are on your boring useless iPhone/Nokia/Htc or what ever loser brand you have you'll love them. So don't be jealous ok? Billions of people find these GS4's features useful and innovative! :)