Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids (SM-T2105) leaks just prior the back-to-school season
The first time we heard of a possible Galaxy Tab 7 spinoff was almost a month ago via a tweet on tipster @evleaks' Twitter handle. Carrying a model number SM-T2105, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids has now revealed its true colors, thanks to Korean Moveplayer.
The 7-inch (1024x600) tablet will feature a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of microSD-expandable internal storage. Weighing in at 302g, the slate is 9.9mm thick and stores a 4000mAh battery that powers the hardware, while the now somewhat dated Android 4.1 Jelly Bean does its thing on the software side. In other words, the Tab 3 Kids is simply a re-branded Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, with some extras like several colorful options, parental locks and built-in content suitable for children thrown in.
Pricing and availability remain unknown, but it seems likely that Samsung will be targeting the back-to-school season.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids
3. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Kids only? What about dogs? Come on Samsung, make one more variant for my dog, how about the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Dog? lol
9. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Actually that's looks good!For my 3 years old daughter!
Better than Tablets from Toys shops.
22. bbblader (Posts: 579; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
why not just buy a freaking toy not a damn tablet? seriously that is dumb
30. Supaheight (Posts: 66; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
dude dogs don't need tabs and they can't even use i konw there is app that work for them but they need a human to get the device to the app
16. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
And another Troll! Why you always have something to say about Samsung!?
If you don't like Samsung products don't buy them and don't comment!
14. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No no no... I ain't Samsung hater, I'm only shocked because I can't believe that Samsung made this kiddy giddy sissy Sammy Galaxy Tab 3 Kiddy. :)
17. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I'm not shocked! And I'm sure Samsung can sell many of them! (I show that picture my daughter and wife,they ask when and where we can get that!)
24. SellPhones82 (Posts: 496; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Right, I mean really, who wants to drop $500 or more on an iPad for a 3-5 year old kids only for them to break/lose it in a few months? You can get them this instead for $199 or less and it's already pre-loaded with kids stuff and parental locks
25. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
I don't see any price in the article! And one more now in UK you can get a Galaxy tab2 for 120£, so after few months.......who knows!
13. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Wait PA where is your post about NOTE 3 not having ois?
4. slaggyb (Posts: 190; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Samsung is running out of ideas.. WTF is samsung galaxy tab 3 kids? When Ipads are been used by elementary schools now.. sooner the will be samsung galaxy tab deaf and dumb, samsung galaxy tab blind and samsung galaxy lame.
6. donfem (Posts: 525; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I guess you need to be open minded. Research is done before products are released. If there is no targeted market, there will not be a need to come up with such.
12. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
nope they "research" word is a foreign word for them :D
5. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
not sure if this is a nabi 2 contender or not. Nabi 2 built to survive kids.. will this?
18. Taters (Posts: 2824; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
LOL That is seriously brilliant. I think it is a stupid product and will be overpriced but I also think it will sell. Especially considering how well done the advertising is already. That magazine ad for example looks better than most Saturday morning cartoon commercials and most kiddy video games.
They should make a hello kitty version of the Note 8. I think that would sell too. And maybe a Superman Super Galaxy Tab for the boys.
20. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
You better patent that. Samsung still needs another 11 variants of the galaxy tab 3 and the s4. They are gonna swoop those up.
23. greathero1 (Posts: 468; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Agreed. We just purchased a Tab 3 7.0 for my 6 year old based solely on the color. Had she seen this loud colored Tab, she would have had a fit until I broke down and purchased it just like with the white one lol.
19. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1193; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
70% of current iPad users should feel right at home.
26. AfterShock (Posts: 2798; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I see many broken screens ahead.
The last manufacturer I'd expect a kids tab from is SS.
Unless they had otterbox draft up a defender case already for it.
Still, the dollars will add up and I don't see it moving in numbers for intended target.
27. Boybawang (Posts: 39; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Yeah and Samsung loads it with tons of games with big Adds easy for accidental taps that auto route to Market.. Kids crying begging their parents to buy digital peanuts for the hungry elephant.