Qualcomm Toq goes up for pre-order for $349.99
1. camera531 (Posts: 183; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
The clock is a straight rip-off of the Sony Smartwatch 2 and the watch probably won't be any better. But it sure is $150 more...
15. chocolaking (Posts: 461; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I liked the construction when i held it. and the display is really amazing . but it's not LED kind of amazing..
it's the true technology that is the best for human eyes.
when I look at the display of tog.. it's so smooth for the eyes to look at... that no any LED screen can match up.
2. alaw.14 (Posts: 190; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
have anybody notice this and the galaxy gear cost the same as the nexus 5.Also who would get this and th GG over the nexus 5???
3. Finalflash (Posts: 1945; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Who in hell would get a smart watch AT ALL.These things serve zero needs right now and are only being produced in the vain hope that they can make mad money off it because someone suggested that Apple is hoping to do that. Why is everyone so hell bent on making this things happen when there is go chance of it ever being useful enough by itself to warrant a purchase?
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9071; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I rather get Google Glass. Now if I can get a GG for less than $50, I'd definitely buy it.
10. Finalflash (Posts: 1945; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well that remains to be seen, I haven't had any experience with glass but hopefully it is as amazing as they say.
14. rd_nest (Posts: 876; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Because both of them serve different purposes.
BTW, miniaturization costs money. For the same reason a phone is costlier than a tablet with lesser specs (compare iPhone and iPad). It might be a new concept for you, but better check out.
BTW, Gear doesn't cost same as Nexus 5 "everywhere".Out at my place, Gear costs around $150 less than Nexus 5. And that is the standard rate.
5. Troysyx (Posts: 151; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Everyone understands that smartwatches aren't really what people want right now. I think i have seen one person with one since the first Sony one came out. THATS IT! But the truly sad part, is that when Apple does decide to launch one, it will sell like hot cakes. For no other reason than because Apple did it; and thats truly pathetic.
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I need a Lumia smartwatch to compliment my new Lumia 1520, SPOTY... I hope Microkia is working on one.
13. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I said I need one, not you.. If don't want one just don't buy it, but stop making yourself look like a immature fool.. It would be nice to know your age.. I'm 36. You❔
8. mturby (unregistered)
$350??????? f*** u! qualcom
9. Ikechukwu (Posts: 149; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
hahahahaha, fail. Who needs a $350 watch?
11. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
The two must have features for a smartwatch imho, All-week battery and waterproof. If only sony's watch looks like galaxy gear, it'll be perfect. Too bad it's not.
12. gallabk (Posts: 16; Member since: 06 Oct 2013)
Priced Ridiculously high for a less featured watch which requires battery charging every few days. I would rather go for Kenneth cole or any other REAL branded watch for that price.