Quad-HD Windows 10 phone, possibly the Lumia 940 XL, confirmed through ad network
15. waddup121 (unregistered)
BRING IT ONNN
24. AnTuTu (Posts: 1575; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Waiting for continuum feature of Win 10.
Best of luck MS.
2. SIGPRO (Posts: 1309; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Bring it on! Waiting for the 1020 successor!
3. mayur007 (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
If they price right
They will have good sale
They have good phones
But there pricing is really bad, too high
They ask 500$ for a 400$ phone
They just need a proper pricing for there products
4. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
agreed, they price their phones too high which is enough to kill my any interest in their devices. I am full on android but do take interest in pureview camera but lack of apps and games along with high price make my decision tougher.
11. nuldolor5x.com (unregistered)
$500? My goodness. Windows phones are not supposed to cost more than $300. If Microsoft wants to make a comeback effort, they should think of the pricing first. Ridiculous prices will not and will never help them.
19. theguy2345 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
If it has full, up to date specs, it should be priced like all high end flagships. Doesn't really matter what OS it runs. If you don't want to pay that, don't get a flagship or any high end phone for that matter.
20. 87186 (Posts: 258; Member since: 01 Aug 2014)
"Windows phones are not supposed to cost more than $300"
says who? people complain about the lack of premium/flagship devices. then when are are presented, they expect to pay mid to low-range dollar? hm, doesn't quite work that way.
5. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 334; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Hope it will not come with s810, and should have xenon flash, not an dual Led Flash.
7. sip1995 (Posts: 1545; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Only the Lumia 1020 successor might have a Xenon flash...
22. MuddyCow (Posts: 65; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)
I was reading the camera sensors article and found that the 928 used both xenon and a LED, that was awesome.
6. epic_ninja420 (Posts: 49; Member since: 18 Nov 2014)
If they were smart they would brand it as a Surface Phone.
9. theguy2345 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
Exactly. Lumia has become synonymous with cheap, low end garbage while surface has a high end, premium reputation. And people like surface. Many people have never even heard of Lumia. Just plastering that name on it will help it sell.
32. daqwid2727 (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
maybe in US. but in europe, (im sure about Poland and Germany) Lumia is considered as a good, soild phones. and all Lumias r kind of a brand, coz nobody is saing "i have a nokia/microsoft" everybody is saing "i have a Lumia" - changing that, will kill that brand. Surface in Europe is nonexisting thing.
34. iliketech (Posts: 70; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Nokia Lumia 930 and Lumia 1520 are great phones - will compete with any other os phones. they have GREAT cameras, Cortana beats Google Now, etc. the Lumia phones MS is creating I haven't purchased since they are low-end specs... If that's what you are talking about. Like I said the Lumia 930 and 1520 are as good as any phone out there, except maybe the Nexus 6 or Note 4, which are pretty darn fast. But the Note gets bogged down with Samsung's overlay. ha
10. theguy2345 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
How come every windows article starts by bashing the platform? It's annoying and just starts fan boy arguments
Anyway, I am excited for the smaller one, talkman. If it has continuum and a few other things, I might upgrade my M8.
29. ben.r (Posts: 27; Member since: 29 May 2015)
Not bashing, just stating facts. Incidentally, I probably use WP (Lumia 1020) the most of all platforms.
35. elitewolverine (Posts: 5018; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
It's not what you say, but how you say it.
14. NateAdam8 (Posts: 388; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Hoping for all carriers to have it and for flagship that'll blow my mind.
16. SuperAndroid507 (Posts: 235; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
The future of Windows Phone is getting interesting
18. Zylam (Posts: 649; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
The 940 can't come soon enough, a flagship Windows Mobile with ridiculous specs.. It's time my Lumia 1020, it's time for you to embrace your next of kin.
23. miketer (Posts: 122; Member since: 02 Apr 2015)
I don't think windows phone should take the path of increasing screen resolution unnecessarily, a ppi that our eyes can't perceive.
26. TypicalGeek (Posts: 128; Member since: 19 Feb 2015)
I've always wanted a Windows phone. I guess it's time to pick one up. Bring it on MS.
27. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Looking forward to it! They better look and feel more like the 1520 than the 930 and 830.
28. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1515; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Wow folks it's about time Microsoft has not had a Flagship smart phone for over a year folks that hurt Microsoft lumia smart phones to some degree because new flagship Android and Apple iphones have really been getting all the good press these days with no new Microsoft
high tech smart phones to equal them. The only good thing is you can buy a good Windows 10 ready smart phone like the Lumia 640XL for under 300 US Dollars. Elop did a good job at getting some nice affordable Windows 10 ready low priced smart phones on the market place. the Windows mobile smart phones running continuum should be awesome.
31. sonisoe (Posts: 405; Member since: 06 May 2009)
am willing to give windows mobile another try after the very first lumia handset several yrs ago... exciting times ahead for winmo
33. iliketech (Posts: 70; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Just bring it Microsoft!!!!!!!!! What are you waiting for Christmas?
Hurry my 930 is getting old...
ahd the 1520 I gave up on since it is so big and can't handle it in my car...
too big to do most things with one handed... If you make a bigger phone make it ergonomic, kinda like your ergonomic keyboards... you remember those right? well, the Samsung Note 3 felt great in my hand and had a 5.7" screen... Just hurry please cause I'm looking at all the new Android phones and they look and feel real nice. Write off your loss in Nokia already and move on with life. Cortana is GREAT! and it Beats Google Now by miles, by miles I said. Try and create appointments or anything with google now - ha it cuts off half your sentence...
anyway I'll stop now, since Android does have better phones right now not a better os. Just sayin'