Panasonic getting back in the game with a waterproof Android phone likely to hit Europe in March
It announced plans to start selling an Android handset in March - first in Europe, and then with hopes to expand to the US and Asia, with the goal to sell 15 million handsets by 2016, 9 million of which overseas.
The handset is apparently "ultra-thin", will sport a 4.3" qHD OLED screen, NFC, and will be waterproof in the best traditions of the art of Japanese smartphone making. No word yet on the silicon that will be powering it, or what camera it will have.
source: Panasonic via Reuters
1. Netolic (Posts: 139; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Cant wait. My first phones in my life are nokia and panasonic. And both were equally strong back then
2. OSFantasma (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I got to say this phone looks stylish i want one lol...
4. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
It looks sexy, unless it has Gingerbread and not ICS.. then fail.
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Who told you that it won't get ICS?
6. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
I said 'unless' it has Gingerbread. ICS hasn't been confirmed for the phone yet.
7. nastynaps (Posts: 93; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Buttons could be eliminated for ICS that would be cool. Considering this Nexus is never coming out maybe I can wait til May or June for this one.
8. ryq24 (Posts: 488; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
hope it will not follow sony ericsson's mistake like not placing a secondary camera on the arc.
10. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Wow, I wish my phone was waterproof, just this morning I set my Motorola atrix 2 on the side of my bath tub, and just the back barely got wet,(The battery cover), and somehow it got under it, and got to my battery, lifted my battery out, and it was slightly wet behind my battery... Dammit, now I think my battery is messed up, it wont turn on without being connected to the charger, and I think my phone might've took a little damage too...
11. CrackedJassim (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Those buttons make me crazy!!! Otherwise, Waterproof??? AWESOME!