Oppo's Find 7 now confirmed to boast a 5.5-inch 1440x2560 (538ppi) resolution display
Anyhow, if you thought the display on the Find 7 is impressive, wait until you hear the rest. If the insomniacs at the ever-watchful rumor mill are to be trusted, the new Oppo flagship will also come packing Qualcomm's minty fresh 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805, with updated Krait 450 cores and a mighty Adreno 420 GPU. Known to be one always on the wave of tech, Oppo is said to have also included 3GB of RAM, a 13MP rear shooter and a massive 4000mAh cell.
Obviously, do keep in mind that at this point, we can only vouch for the authenticity of the crisp display and nothing else, so take the above with a grain of salt.
1. YouGotTrolledSon (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
1440x2560 resolution 5.5" display, Snapdragon 805 SoC, 4000 mah battery.
Shut up and take my money!!
Unfortunately no money :(
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2805; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Hahaha.. No money, no phone.
Most of these phones are not available worldwide.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, they are. Oppo ships some of their phones including their flagship to other countries.
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 1503; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Yeah, this will be expensive. And availability is serious issue. And servicing in most areas.
15. PootisMan (Posts: 204; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Seriously, no compromise when it comes to Oppo
29. TheStanleyFTW (Posts: 36; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
5.5 inch 2560x1440??
THAT'S THE SAME AS LG's panel that they showed some months ago. The Panel is the slimmest panel with the thinnest bezel. And on the facebook they wrote "5.5" screen with the feel of a 5" screen device". So maybe they are using DAT PANEL! :D
Sorry for my english :)
Le link: tinyurl.com/kt6h7g9
32. apple4never (Posts: 970; Member since: 08 May 2013)
will these ever hit our north american shores ??? i NEED THIS
2. darkskoliro (Posts: 995; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I still feel Adreno 450 wont be enough for 2K
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Adreno 330 pushes a 2560x1600 display very well. The Adreno 420 (which is really in the 805, PA made a mistake) should handle 2560x1440 easily, considering it's a slightly more powerful GPU and a slightly lower resolution.
3. ihavenoname (Posts: 1503; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Pretty damn close to perfect phone to me. I'd still take it with 1080p=even more insane performance and longer battery life.
4. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
450 should be sufficient enough but devs have to start optimizing their apps for 2k
14. kanagadeepan (Posts: 714; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
No need bro. They can just continue to write apps optimised for 1080p, as the difference will be found only by high quality lens or low quality microscope.
6. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I think this is the size of the note II so no. Too big. I might buy the Lumia 929 (if wp 8.1 brings really cool updates), or the next sony or Htc flagship.
18. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 381; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Agreed. 5.3 inches and above should be phablet territory IMO. Of course majority of the people love the move to bigger displays so this device is going to be great for them, but I was hoping that Oppo would stick to 5 inches. At least HTC is rumoured to stick with 5 inches and 1080p..hopefully they can get more battery out of that.
30. s.bizaoui (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Dec 2013)
even though it is a 5.5 screen it is rumored to be the same size as their inch phone fine 5 so it wouldn't be a phablet. With phones having smaller bezels that definition of what makes a phablet would have to change.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow, just wow. I'm looking forward to this beast.
10. Bishop_99 (Posts: 63; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
Glad to see that Oppo didn't use the 2K term in this ad because it was incorrect as current 1080p phones are 2K.
Looks like it will be a great phone.
12. bibekpachhai (unregistered)
The only thing that it lacks is lte!
31. bkzebraphone (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
It will have LTE. Oppo even confirmed it. Just FYI lol
13. Teja171 (unregistered)
How much does this beast cost ? $1000 ??
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1503; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I'd say 750$ at least, maybe 850$, 900 $.
35. bkzebraphone (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I don't think so and hope not. I'm assuming it'll be around the $600 price range. If I remember correctly, they released the oppo find 5 at $569 for the 32gb version.
16. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Now, that's the BEAST I was waiting for!
19. fyuin (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Dec 2013)
its lte dont worry guys
i want at least 32gb/64gb with micro sd or maybe the legendary 128gb storage
more colour choice and 4.4 kitkat color os rom $800-1000 i will pre order right away if available at my country
20. JMartin22 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
It's going to be made with a watered down software offerings, probably a mediocre camera over the big competitors, and that display, for all of it's pixels, will probably not utilize the best semiconducting panel materials for efficiency or have the best display calibration for color reproduction like Apple, Samsung or even LG would have.
I always stick to the best, even if it costs more. These cheaper Chinese alternatives just look good on paper.
25. DnB925Art (Posts: 387; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Watered down software offerings? Oppo has now teamed up with Cyanogenmod. Don't think it will be watered down.
Oppo's Find 5 uses the Sony Exmor RS 13 MP sensor, I wouldn't say that's medioce at all.
Also the Find 5 uses a display from JDI, similar to the one used on the Droid DNA.
Oppo is known for their outstanding BLU-Ray players, probably some of the best in their class.
26. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4104; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is Oppo we're talking about. The Find 5 was one of the first to have 1080p, and it was a very good display. The Find 5 also used the same Exmor RS sensor that's in the Galaxy S4 and Xperia Z. If you think the software will be lacking, Oppo has already made a deal with CyanogenMod, so it will probably be an option to have it pre-installed on the phone rather than Oppo's usual custom software, which was already very good.
This isn't just a Chinese alternative, Oppo is a quality manufacturer.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8840; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No fu----g way.. Krait 450 + Adreno 450? I just... I need a moment.
23. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Not coming to the US market so why should we care about them?
24. mariosraptor (Posts: 110; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Please correct. It uses adreno 420 not 450.
450 are the Krait core.
27. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Dam I wish oppo would expand to the US. With these specs and the right advertising they can get there phones into alot of consumers hands
28. ThePython (Posts: 371; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Yeah, because we can totally see the difference between a 720p display with ~320ppi to a 2k with 550ppi.