Nokia Lumia 830 leaks out in full bloom, flaunting a mysterious PureView camera setup
38. draconic1991 (Posts: 195; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
and the pic looks photoshopd. in the 2nd 3rd and the 4th picture the phone is at the exact same angle on the table...looks a little too suspicious..
42. kkmkk (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 May 2013)
even if that true the device would be still happening
49. djripster (Posts: 138; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
The pictures are clearly fake... :(
Surprised that PhoneArena is posting them though, when they are so clearly photoshopped
7. Wiencon (Posts: 1814; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Maybe it'll be like in OPO.
I hope there will be hardware keys.
41. hurrycanger (Posts: 1557; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I hope the hardware keys can blend into the glass completely when the on-screen keys are enabled. Those in the picture are too obvious and annoying, but it's probably fake.
9. DogeShibe (Posts: 1111; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Not really a fan of on-screen keys in WP...i like capacitive keys better.Also the camera shutter button...
They should also turn the Windows logo into a notification light that matches with accent color (only for phones with capacitive keys)
33. elitewolverine (Posts: 5111; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Probably just a result of test software, being able to turn it on and off. It would make sense considering it is just a line of code, and if being developed along side the 730, that has no hardkeys that i am aware of, then sure.
The good thing is though, hardware keys...
2. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Tell me, what do you guys see in pic 1,
lower right corner?
Look closely at two dudes on bikes.
29. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
And to the left of the dudes on bikes you can see a compass.
43. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Dude is grabbing his junk, or is at least very much looking like he is.
What ever, how'd that make it into an add without being scrutinized?
5. msaeed90 (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
Why are all the phones in the exact same position?
39. Philipand96 (Posts: 92; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
FROM AN EARLIER REPORT
"More photos of the upcoming Nokia Lumia 830 have surfaced. The phone, which will launch with a "Nokia by Microsoft" branding, sports a PureView camera module. "
"Nokia by Microsoft" branding, is missing!
30. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
So do I, but not with Wp platform.
34. elitewolverine (Posts: 5111; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
It's ok we all want to get into a wp article without seeing you here either, but alas, wants wishes etc are not all true.
I am glad i have both OS's, and deal with 4 OS's on a daily basis, truly makes me appreciate WP so much more, for me, imo, and for how i use the phone.
44. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I want all the 7 billion people on this planet to use their brains, but that won't happen either. Be happy with your Nokia 3310.
8. DogeShibe (Posts: 1111; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
If priced good,I will get this..!!
Love WP :)
10. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 1035; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
A budget camera phone with good battery life and I will recommend it to all the travellers
11. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Wish they would but some sickass arrangements of Live Tiles when showing off these promo devices. Put an background pic with transparent tiles even. One thing I admire about Android and iOS is that if they owned live tiles I know they would do such a better job than MS and leakers at presenting live tiles on devices.
13. DogeShibe (Posts: 1111; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Lets use uservoice for this...tell them to show off goodness of live tiles in promos :)
47. Parazels (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
You can create much more beautiful homescreens on a WP than on iPhone or Android. There are millions of combinations of pictures + big tiles + small tiles + color tiles and so on. Open the site "wiphomes".
12. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
A great hardware on a epic fail platform, for the past 10 years.
15. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
WP is not a Fail its the most trendsetting OS right now regardless of sales. That has more to do with Microsoft's perception and failure to adequately promote the product.
Android is the mobile monopoly with 85% of smartphone. Quit trolling others embrace what you love, don't spend time with what you hate.
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Start back a ways, Microsoft’s mobile OS line was failing, it was the laughingstock of the industry pre-Windows Phone 7. Microsoft totally revamped that OS with a new look, new paradigms, and a completely incompatible OS with all the apps that came before it. They spent almost half a billion dollars advertising it. They bought Nokia to both kill off one competitor and to buy their market share.
Microsoft at the time had approximately 12% smartphone OS marketshare, Nokia a bit over 30%. With the collaboration, Nokia and Microsoft, together with all the other OS partners selling Windows Phone 7.x, sales are now hovering around 2% of smartphone market share. Subsidies are massive and increasing, and Windows Phone 8 is just coming out. Luckily it is incompatible with the 7 variants that preceded it, and anyone who bought one got obsoleted without warning.
36. elitewolverine (Posts: 5111; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I am sorry, let me know when those android 2.x devices will be updated to 4.4. In fact let me know when brand new 2.x devices will be updated.
You act like droid has had some uber support, they havent.
WP7 didnt get shafted, it is called progress, let me know when my note 2 gets 4.4 update....crickets....
WP at one point was the top dog, just like symbian was the top dog. Symbian was in a nose dive and nobody took to the touch ui win6.5 offered. As a result symbian and winos lost the boat, and yes they are playing catch up.
But yes you are a troll, yes you cant help but come in here and jizz all over wp articles about how it stagnates and how you dont like it. etc. Even when the article is not even about sales, you come pulling out your mouth, and go off.
Wooohooo you dont like wp, get over it, go make love to your droid, take my crash ridden note 3 (3rd one) with you.
40. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Hello Liveitup bought the subject, not me.
Xda, and custom Roms are thier to help. There's no Dev support on Wp for that.
I loved WM. I have nothing against it.
54. elitewolverine (Posts: 5111; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
xda and custom roms, i would gather accounts for a lot less people than you believe it does. Just like PA accounts for alot less than 'normal' people. Normal people do not come into a PA article to post, phone lovers do.
I personally love denying warranty phones for rom bricks, somehow it makes me smile. In the end, you shouldnt have to rely on xda and rom for support, nice but at the same time nothing like actually having OEM support imo that is. I like the openess of the OS but for a overwhelming vast majority of people rom has no meaning to them.
19. drazwy (Posts: 190; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
awesome! More low/mid range phones from Nokia! Starting to lose faith that they can actually produce a flagship.
24. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Looks a lot like the 1520 with its corners and the speaker grill. I'm still waiting on their next flagship to pickup.
You can always count on farty artee to comment negatively in every Windows article.
28. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I really love the design of this sharp edged boxy oblong desi
45. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Me too.. I prefer boxier phones as apposed to rounded curvy
31. nbringer (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Removable back cover... how about the battery?
35. geordie8t1 (unregistered)
isnt it also about time that there is a is a lumia 1020 follow up due any time now, i think it was like august or september of last year? would love to see that camera module in a slightly redesigned model but with killer specs on board???
37. elitewolverine (Posts: 5111; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I hope so, MS rep at my job had me waiting and i hope i dont wait for nothing. At the time a few weeks ago was going to pull the trigger on the 1020 and asked if i dont mind waiting just a few. So here i am waiting. He also had the 1520 in his hands, the QHD screen was amazing.
55. elitewolverine (Posts: 5111; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Late Edit: Had the 1525 in his hands not the old 1520.
51. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I got a warning ⚠ for saying "ugly"
Let me know if you did?
53. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
ugly ? you say ugly ? look at samsuck you dumb