New iPhone could indeed be called that, hints Best Buy Mobile stores case shipper
1. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 237; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
"New iPhone" or not, people will still call it the iPhone 5. The same way people call the new iPad the iPad 3.
2. Sniggly (Posts: 6490; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'm going to keep calling it the iPhone 6.
Because I CAN COUNT, BI.TCHES.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
I call it
The sixth iPhone :)
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3656; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
People who call it the iPhone 5 are silly
12. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 819; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Did you notice the number 5 in the reflection of the 12 on the invite card?
4. Dr.Phil (Posts: 819; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I had a feeling the naming structure would go this way. I don't know how long ago I made the comment on here, but it has been a while. Although, for a lot of people, it was pretty obvious they would go that route.
6. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
so predictable after releasing "the new iPad" the iDevices will might be base on "The New" family but basically its not new! just small improvements.. then there will be "the new iPod touch" "The New iPod shuffle" etc! and i already know that for months.. "the New iPhone" so predictable!
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sony called it NXT Series... they call it NEW. Quite inspired by Sony as always :)
14. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1037; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Wow OK this wont add to the confusion or anything? So do they not think about the future? What's the next Gen idevices going to be called? "Even newer?
15. JunitoNH (Posts: 757; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Daniel- " the new iPhone indeed by called that....." or is it "be" called that.
16. phljcnth (Posts: 200; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I wonder what the 10th generation iPhone's name is. Maybe "The new new new new new iPhone".