New Google Nexus 6 concept takes a colorful, curved approach
What will the next Nexus look like? That’s anyone’s guess. And this is why it’s fun to take a look at the latest Nexus 6 concept - envisioned by 91mobiles.com. Reportedly using details suggested by readers, the website designed a Nexus 6 that’s curved, resembling LG’s G Flex. Its features should include a 5.2-inch 1080p display, next-generation quad-core Qualcomm processor clocked at 3GHz, 5MP front-facing camera, 13MP rear camera with 4K video recording and dual LED flash, 3GB of RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB of internal memory, and a self-healing back cover (another feature borrowed from the LG G Flex). The handset shouldn’t run Android KitKat, but a new iteration of Google’s OS: “Android 4.5 Lollypop.” Of course, it remains to be seen what name Google will choose for the upcoming major version of Android.
91mobiles’s Nexus 6 comes in a total of six color versions: green, blue, yellow, red, white and black. The first four are obviously inspired by the colors of the official Nexus logo.
Google will probably unveil the Nexus 6 towards the end of 2014. Until then, let us know if you'd like it to look like this:
Google Nexus 6 concept by 91mobiles Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Leaked screenshots reveal a possible upcoming huge Android redesign
14 Apr 2014, 03:50
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Google Nexus 6 concept by 91mobiles
1. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
2014 should be the year of aluminium phones for all OEMs.
19. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 178; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
No, I don't what any possibility of being electrocuted. FTW.
22. neops (Posts: 126; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Plastic = cheaper, lighter (think of falls), not so permanent markings, more flexible, more ways to the finish approach.
I like the blue one that looks semi-metalic, not very shiny (not on the stack foto). I don't like corners. Curved yes if display quality is equally good, with no linear glares due to curvature
24. AppleHateBoy (Posts: 451; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Plastic is OK. It's just that Samsung has tarnished plastic's reputation with their greasy coatings. Plastic is far superior to metal when it comes to designing phones because it provides less interference. It's also lighter and more flexible.
28. bloodline (Posts: 686; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
who cares - 95% of people keep their phone in a case. All this irrelevant.
2. nctx77 (Posts: 286; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
I'm still trying to see the point of curved displays.
4. Commentator (Posts: 2183; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Right? I understand them being flexible, but I'd rather they come flat, and give people the option to curve it with a case or something.
11. networkdood (Posts: 5517; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
That would be awesome - add that to my list ...I would like to see an adjustable screen, of up to 7 inches...
5. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 615; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I doubt they'll retain the same design on the back, judging from previous Nexus devices
6. steelew (Posts: 32; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Please don't. Curved phones look ridiculous. We finally get them slimmed down and now you want to make them fat again. Just put bigger batteries in them and keep them flat.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Unbelievable specs, unbelievably ugly phone. Please don't make it look like this. The jedii doesn't do ugly, and that's an ugly device. Make it strong and handsome like Darkk, and I'll consider it.
9. networkdood (Posts: 5517; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
You have an iphone...soooooo....yeahhh
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 9280; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I can have what the hell I want though. It's called choice, I choose the iPhone cause it's the best for me...soooooo....yeahhhh. Get lost like the Broncos. Don't leave out my note 3 either, jedii has bank.
25. AppleHateBoy (Posts: 451; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Honestly, speaking for the first time since iPhone launched I am excited about it, because hopefully it's gonna come with a large screen. My 4.3" screen phone is easy to handle but while playing Asphalt 8, it feels inadequate.
17. lalalaman (Posts: 231; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Well that was the limit of self obsession:P
26. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 216; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
You do know that talking in the third person are signs of either a psychosis or a narcissistic personality
8. Nabil2511 (Posts: 117; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
those bezels though...plus, loving the red colour..
10. networkdood (Posts: 5517; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have no problem with a curved model - colors? Why do colors...just go out and get a case for it - black or near black/grey is always the best to get...
14. flynfree (Posts: 373; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Too early to expect that thing, just enjoy what is in the table for a while . My gnexus serve me as my light when I rebuild my coil for my atomizer.
16. highwaysnobbery (Posts: 19; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
This spec list is kind of stupid. It reads like a fanboi's wet dream. The Nexus has never pushed the envelope that much, especially recently.
20. Vanster (Posts: 114; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
that rear camera look scary. . . Very ugly that hurt my eyes
21. hamid.r1992 (Posts: 9; Member since: 16 Jan 2014)
iphone 5s white or gray or gold?
When you buy which is better and there is a point that should be noted?
23. Rocksteady (Posts: 183; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
What's that gotta do with the article?!
my opinion, buy a red iphone 5s.
29. blattlaus (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Dec 2010)
I don't understand the point of these posts. A group of people who have nothing to do with either Lemovo or Google make up a fake Nexus 6. Hey, lets argue over a phone that will never exist designed by no one that actually matters or has nothing to do with the actual design process.
Since we know that the next one is being designed by Lenovo, wouldn't it be more productive to look at their design trends and prototypes and discuss that?
32. AppleHateBoy (Posts: 451; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
"wouldn't it be more productive to look at their design trends and prototypes and discuss that?"
If you've been at PA for long enough. You'd know better. tl;dr Absolutely No. Trolls are gonna ruin such a discussion.
35. hiteshjaina (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
I read the news that Lg is going to launch new nexus 6 no other brand and it is also rumor that
Lg is going to launch nexus 7 as well but these are rumors but if this true then we can't see change in google nexus that we expecting from many years as discussed on- newnexus6.com