New Apple iPhone 4S ads creating a positive buzz for the device
The Apple iPhone's BrandIndex buzz score peaked with a tally of 51. At the same time, Android scored 27 and the average mobile device score was 18. By May 10th, Apple's smartphone scored 37 and is now 38. Android bottomed out on the 10th at 21 and is currently back to 27 while the average mobile device score is 15.
source: BrandIndex via eWeek
1. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 510; Member since: 20 May 2012)
You know apple is desperate when it has to call upon Sammy j to bolster its image and sales.
Yo guiro taco troll appearance in 3....2...1....
And zooey ain't that good looking IMO
3. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hey now, back off zooey. shes not hot but shes got a certain dork sexiness to her. :)
When no one wants your products, use pitch people that everyone likes.
Whats funny is how until the advertisements aired, android was whipping iOS in positive thoughts from customers. Considering how few phone specific android advertisements there are, thats pretty impressive. Also, at the end of the graph, android had a serious uptick, meaning this little bump from iOS probably isnt going to last.
Guess taco's "customer satisfaction" doesnt mean squat if no one wants to try it to begin with.. lol.
24. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're so right man. Only 35 million bought iPhones last quarter with most being the more expensive 4s. Apple must be getting desperate since their worldwide market share moved up from 18% to 23%. This is a total failure in any self respectable fandroids eyes.
Also you guys are right. No company uses celebrities. This is just some weird desperate ploy Apple came up with.
31. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
all those numbers aside, Android nearly trippled iOS sales for the same period, and a single android manufacturer, Samsung STOMPED Apple all by themselves. And now you have a single android device doubling iphone launch weekend sales... before its even launched.
So yea, considering the position they were in just a year or so ago, times are getting desperate.
Maybe u didnt notice the part where people's opinions of apple were pretty low before these "feel good" ads came out? how they were lower than android's?
Or can you not read yet? Poor wittle taco..
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
if Android is doing so good whay are you so trying to prove it.. it shouldnt matter what we think right.. but here you are .. again..
92. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Not gonna lie, I see nothing but androids come back all day long to upgrade to the iPhone.
2. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Thats the only thing apple is really good at. marketing
82. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
And also theifs. Patent Trolls,which does not belong to them.... O yea cowards....!
4. tedkord (Posts: 4933; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The Samuel J. one was good. Zooey is cute, but she's annoying. Malkovich is a great actor, but that one left me scratching my head.
Also, how does one quantify buzz as an exact number?
6. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
compare it to sales at the same moment in time.
oh for this? they said they took the "positive feelings - negative feelings = buzz"
9. tedkord (Posts: 4933; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That's my point. It's a sketchy equation. To make it even remotely accurate, you'd need to know the intensity of the positive or negative.
For instance, I've always disliked Apple's business practices, but I was still willing to buy an iPhone for my daughter. Then they got the One X held up at customs for a BS patent, and now I despise them, and will not buy any apple products under any circumstances. My negative went way up.
25. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Check out this article and the disappointed android fanny because of the buggy and laggy one x
32. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hmm.. quickly fixed software bug at launch.. or nearly completely ignored antenna bug at launch.. which is worse?
53. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you lost 400. i suggest you never play jeopardy.
56. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and you will never host jeopardy.... that put us even...
62. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
nah, i wouldnt have just lost 400. that gives us an 800 point spread off of 1 question.
68. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and in jeapordy you dont lose money when is not your to begin with,,, you know this right?...
71. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
"A correct response adds the dollar value of the clue to the contestant's score, and gives them the opportunity to select the next clue from the board. An incorrect response or a failure to respond within a five-second time limit (shown by the red lights on the contestant's lectern) deducts the dollar value of the clue from the contestant's score and gives any remaining opponent(s) the opportunity to ring-in and respond."
You never have any clue about anything you are talking about do you?? lol
77. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
didnt bother to read.. sorry not a geek.. but I guess you want to continue with this jeapoardy.. right.. ok I only lose money when is either in my bank account, pocket or in my safe... sorry but if it fashing a podium is not mine...
84. roscuthiii (Posts: 1832; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
You started the Jeopardy rhetoric. Now you get proven wrong and back out like a punk just like taco with the infamous PA bet.
5. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
But still, people come in a store for an iPhone, then end up walking out with an Android.
Well, most of the time.
10. kindlefireowner (Posts: 408; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
You do know that Apple sold 66 million iphones worldwide in the last 6 months. That's 11 million iphones a month. The Galaxy Note has sold less then 20 million in the same time.
12. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
And Android sold nearly triple that. your comparing all iphones, which is the entire spectrum of devices for an OS, vs one phone. What a bad comparison. OS vs OS is the only comparison.
13. greathero1 (Posts: 490; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
OS vs OS is not the only comparison. It's just the only one that you would win in your argument. OS vs OS just including smartphones, Android wins true. But the iPhone is the most popular mobile phone device period. Nothing comes close to it. Not the Galaxy line, RAZR line, One line, Xperia line, nothing. Just give them their props on being the best selling device man. I'm pretty sure Taco and the Chicken will in return give Google it's props for having largest OS market share. Well, maybe not lol!
16. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
If there were 10 different phones that ran iOS none of them sell 66 million individually. iPhone is the only way to get iOS. Consumers don't have a choice if thats the operating system they want.
18. greathero1 (Posts: 490; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Dude, for whatever reason, the iPhone is the most popular device. People go in looking exactly for that phone. It would still outsell every product line running Android. I don't know if it's the name, design, or whatever. The iPhone's appeal is much deeper than your simplification. People are not going into the store saying I want a phone running iOS. They are looking for an iPhone. Just admit the damn phone is the most popular device on the market. It's not hard. You all spend so much time trying to tear down the obvious. There are many metrics which can be used and the only argument is not OS wars. It's one of many different ways to measure overall performance. You like Android, cool so do I. But it's not necessary to try to tear down or dissect every piece of positive news given to Apple. What if Taco and the Chicken started yelling in every post about Android OS loosing money for Google in every thread? The Android fans would be quick to point out that's only 1 metric and would quickly change the subject to market share.
22. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
If Ford sold three different models and Chevy sold a hundred, who do you think would sell more of each model?
Most likely Ford.
27. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Who would sell more overall? Chevy the end
33. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your comparing an OS with 1 choice for top notch devices vs an OS with 10 choices for top notch devices.
Did you hear? The SGS3 has 9 MILLION PRE ORDERS NOT INCLUDING THE US.
The i4s, which set records for apple, only sold 4 million phones world wide, including the US for the whole weekend. The US, coincidentally, is the biggest market for both of them.
So that "best selling smartphone" line you iTards like to use just went out the window.
Think of a new line.
80. greathero1 (Posts: 490; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Did you hear, that those preorders are taking into consideration what the carriers such as Vodafone are ordering. Comparing preorders from both the customers and over 100 carriers against the sales of the iPhone is not a fair comparison. Try again bro. Sometimes you kill me. You try to paint yourself as being Mr Fair and Objective when you are not. How about comparing iPhone preorders from 100 carriers against the Galaxy preorders. Now we would want a fair comparison right? GTHOH with this nonsense bro lol!
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
OS vs OS Apple is well ahead of android. Of course you're a hypocrite and don't want to compare OS to OS but only smartphones. When you include iPads and iPods Apple smashes android in market share.
Let's sit back and watch the back pedal...
34. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
back pedal on what? when you compare "OS to OS" its EVERYTHING that runs the OS, but your not smart enough to comprehend that. When you see "OS marketshare" graphs, it includes everything that uses that OS.
Its also a sad arguement to begin with that you even want ipods to be put in the conversation anyways, since its not a smartphone or tablet. sure sign of a loser trying to find ways to keep up.
aww.. did da wittle taco troll get himself hims foot in hims mouth again!? aww.
46. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you were the one ho said OS vs OS but i understand.... you not to do comparison were Android would loose.. is ok remix.. ipods do have iOs so they should count..
51. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
are you going to taco's school for reading comprehension? OS vs OS COUNTS ipods. Its just the simple fact that you want ipods to be counted to boost your numbers. Even with ipods you still sorely loose, and thats the point.
54. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
i see that Sniggly number school didnt do much to you.. if you count ipods.. iOS would win,... need proof or you want to quietly look it up
58. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
prove me wrong, show me CURRENT links from no later than april 2012.
60. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
iPod touch runs the OS. Explain your logic of including everything and leaving out a product that runs the OS.
Yesterday's numbers were smartphones only. Wrong as usual troll.
63. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
CRUSHED iOS 52% android 16%. Not even a contest.
83. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you are so clueless....
1) that measures MOBILE BROWSERS. When you set your phone for desktop, it DOES NOT register as a mobile browser. you would know this if the iphone's internet wasnt so limited.
2) that has NOTHING.. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the conversation on OS MARKETSHARE. Thats a browser pie chart, not a sales pie chart
do you go out of your way to be this stupid or is it all natural?
85. tedkord (Posts: 4933; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Wow. Just catching up, and I'm astounded.
See, here's the deal, Taco. Like he said, that's browser traffic numbers, not market share.
And when you have Android on your device, and thus have flash and can get the whole internet on your device, you set your browser User Agent to identify as a desktop, so you get the full internet experience, not the castrated iOS experience. That's how I set my browser.
91. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6575; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
it's just another iFAN site. should call it itechcrunch.com
44. frydaexiii (Posts: 1235; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Kinda sad that you need an mp3 player to help give iOS some numbers...
47. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
not just any MP3 is one with an operating system... get it right.. iOS..
59. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
all MP3 players have an operating system. :)
64. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
really? do you not know that samsung has a whole line up of Android running MP3 players, and they are far from the only ones?
78. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
do they even sell... ? thats why u dont want to count them
Samsung Galaxy Player. 200 units.. there... next
88. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you know whats funny. someone came into the store last week with a Samsung 5 media player or whatever they were called. She bought it off a person who swore it was a phone (it looks very much like a Note but a smidge smaller).
So there.. thats 1 sale. :)
She also said she could never figure out her iphone either.. so, some people just need to stick to flip phones.
70. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
are you sure about that.... it could come back and bite you...
72. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
in order for it to operate, it has to have an operating system of some kind.
yes im quite sure. you learn that on the first day of basic technology class. lol. my 5 year old knows that.
75. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
"it has to have an operating system of some kind"
care to give me their names then...
65. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Kinda sad you want to talk about OS vs OS and leave out products that use the OS.
Yes android is winning in SMARTPHONE market share. That's only because of heavy subsidies that discount android phones down to zero. Also iPhone isn't even available on the prepaid market.
When you look at total OS market share iOS crushes android. When you look profit Apple crushes android. When you look at single device sales iPhone crushes any android phone. When you look at customer satisfaction iPhone crushes android. When you look at loyalty iPhone crushes android.
73. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
when you look at morons, iOS crushes android.
86. tedkord (Posts: 4933; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You mean like the heavy subsidy that pushes the 3GS to zero, and the 4 to $50?
But since you seem to know why people choose Android, I'll tell you why people choose iOS - the sheep factor, to have the status symbol, to have what others have.
There, I can rationalize, too. See?
43. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
coming form a user named Optimus black I would say is reliable.. lol
7. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
What? Celebrities? Who are they?
They should put the creative barista in their ads