NY Giants did the legwork for Apple's word-of-mouth marketing at the Super Bowl
In the game's aftershots, the New York Giants were naturally given oodles of airtime as the reigning World Champions of the NFL. So many players whipped out their iPhones and started calling, texting, or just fumbling around with them for the world to see, that the cumulative airtime Apple's finest got was probably worth many millions of dollars.
What's more important, this is the kind of word-of-mouth marketing and unscripted usage of your product during one of the happiest occasions in the life of an NFL player (talking about the winning team here) that companies would gladly pay for millions anyway. Not to mention the random halftime crew member that crashed the celebration and kissed the trophy, videotaping himself with his iPhone all the time in front of NBC's cameras.
2. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
lol when ur big you don't need to advertise in the half time. You advertise during the celebrations. Like a boss!
3. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
Apple: We don't do half time ads. We advertise during the celebration time. We also don't need to hate on the competition to get sales. Just saying. LOLZ
16. ZayZay (Posts: 560; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Huh, wasn't the old Apple commercials TO hate on competition?
5. albie1937 (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
Thanks phonearena for looking at my comment posted on super bowl Sunday about the the Giants using iPhones.
6. albie1937 (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
This was posted on Feb 5
20. albie1937 posted on 2 days ago, 22:14 2 1
If anyone seen the Super Bowl trophy celebration like I did, all I saw was a lot of Giants players holding iPhone 4s phones taking pics of the Lombardi Trophy. That phone markets itself. Samsung didnt win any fans tonite with that commercial.
7. racr79 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Apr 2010)
Samsung spend like millions of dollars try to make apple fans look bad and stupid. But at the end Samsung came out looking stupid spending all that money and apple didn't spend none.
9. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I wouldn't necessarily say they are trying to make them look "bad" and "stupid" but I would definitely agree that iPhone fans are portrayed as very uninformed in the Samsung ads...
11. superguy (Posts: 271; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
And football players generally aren't considered to be a smart bunch. :D
21. supaman21 (Posts: 43; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
That is actually a very uneducated stereotype. football players have the highest average iq of major team sports. as they have to complete more than just a year of college. look up the name myron rolle, may change your opinion
18. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1610; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
"apple didn't spend none"?? sorry, but you are the only one looking stupid here
20. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's called figure of speech akin to a poetic license. E-GSX, you are being unctuous.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6577; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And we dont need to hear or see that players use iPhones so who gives a damn.
10. gotti88 (Posts: 101; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
some people are so sad... none of you people win anything only the manufactures. they both are on top of sales in the us and everywhere else. so at the end only the supporters look stupid because sammy and apple are going to have lunch together and laugh at us arguing over whats better while there getting money
12. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
actually i care not for who is top. I just buy what I consider the best. If tmw apple started selling junk as well as samsung and nokia made a return I would switch to nokia.
19. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow a simple good morning.. they really love/hate me..
15. snowgator (Posts: 3233; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Yep, I saw that. I was wondering why it didn't make Mondays postings. Them Apple phones..... I got a feeling that might take off and be slightly successful.........