Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX only $180 at Best Buy Friday and Saturday
Best Buy is offering the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX for $179.99 with a signed two-year pact.
Like the carriers, Best Buy is affected by the Samsung Galaxy S III, and while Verizon isn't expected to launch its version of the phone until July 12th, this gives the carrier and Best Buy a window of opportunity to move some inventory before the Samsung Galaxy S III storm washes in leaving unsold inventory bobbing in the water like so much flotsam and jetsam. Oh! And don't forget, the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX now is powered by Ice Cream Sandwich.
6. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
no one will buy it because it is 81 dollars cheaper at amazon
8. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I know right! I guess people really do care about having a second committed contract with Amazon Wireless and paying an extra $250 if they cancel their contract within 181 days.
11. cthunder (Posts: 104; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
And if you live in Cali, it's even cheaper since you don't have to play taxes on the price of the full cost of the phone. One reason I love shopping on Amazon :)
10. cthunder (Posts: 104; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Damn, I wanted the Razr Maxx. But it wasn't on sale until today and I wasn't about to lose my unlimited data plan. Oh well, I am coming from the original Droid and upgraded to the Droid 4 (from Amazon) $99. So far I am loving it.
2. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Yeah, 300 mAh really packs a punch. ;D
3. bubbadoes (Posts: 319; Member since: 03 May 2012)
The SGIII will be $199 in two weeks, packing ICS and 2gb of RAM on a 4.8 display..., so to me spending the extra $20 will be well worth it.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5536; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Droid Razr MAXX has ICS (a much better version i'll add.), a much, much larger battery and i'm pretty sure the GSIII doesn't use the S4's support for dual-channel memory being that it has 2GB of it. if you don't believe me look at the benchmarks vs. other S4 powered devices. there's trade offs for the MAXX but if you're considering the MAXX just wait for the Razr HD. so far it's shaping up to be better than the SIII.
7. Sinaps (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)
but isnt it already $199?
Thats how much I paid for mine.
12. kanagadeepan (Posts: 631; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Actually the 4.8" HD screen, processor, 2Gigs of RAM are NOT worth for the extra 20$ u pay for the S-III.... It is the LOCKED-bootloader of MAXX, which makes 20$-costlier-S-III looks great vfm....
If MAXX comes with bootloader unlocking solution, then it will be the best Android phone one can get...
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5536; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well you should cross your fingers for the HD then. i personally don't really know what's out there that could be that much better than the superb build of ICS it already has but hey, that's ignorance for ya. o:
14. Jackz (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
its the best phone anyone can get anyways.... its much better than the The iPhone 4S
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5536; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, they probably know this is the last chance they'll get to move these bad boys because the SIII is coming and then right after that probably the Razr HD.
9. monkeyfeet (Posts: 30; Member since: 27 Jan 2011)
The S3 for AT&T is $189.99 on Amazon.com right now... lol