More pictures of the Nokia Lumia 929 leak from Mexico
Since the Nokia Lumia 929 will also have the GDR3 update, which will allow it to offer the same top-shelf specs seen on high-end Android phones, and carry a more desirable 5 inch display, this model will provide us with a quick reading on how much progress the platform is making against the iOS/Android duopoly. And being offered on Verizon, a carrier known for its Android line-up, it will be very interesting to see how the Nokia Lumia 929 fares. First though, it needs to be unveiled.
The latest information we have on a possible launch date is mid to late December, so just a little more patience is required.
More pictures of the Nokia Lumia 929 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
More pictures of the Nokia Lumia 929
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4644; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's almost the same size as a biscuit.
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 961; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
PA's reduce the size and/or opacity. This watermark stands out much more than the intended image.
9. ihavenoname (Posts: 837; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Thanks alot Phonearena, dat watermark is so ugly and huge that it gave my whole family cancer.
2. snowgator (Posts: 3149; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Still do not understand why the more pocketable 929 was not the flagship release as opposed to the mammoth 1520. 5" screens are way more popular and desirable then the 6" screens. Just a strange decision.
15. shahulvm (Posts: 94; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
That is Elop's way of flopping the company further..
19. ballaonnabudget (Posts: 33; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I think that AT&T didn't want to cannibalize the 920/1020 sales. They'll probably get the next flagship at CES.
23. elitewolverine (Posts: 471; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
device readiness, probably more so to due about parts than anything else
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4644; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia should sell this globally, a 5 inch screen phone is the right size, 6 inch is just too big.
Btw, that's a huge PhoneArena watermark.
7. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 194; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
+925. They should release a metal version (Similar to 925) of this phone globally. 5 incher is what most people want.
6. Thehamster (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
I am quite interested in the 929, I need a new work phone and the 1520 is just to big to carry around along with my Note 3.
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 837; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Solid device, nothing groundbraking, but that's ok. I somehow prefer 1020, though.
10. boosook (Posts: 727; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Pictures leak, and show that the 929 looks like the 920, which looks like the 900, which looks like the 820, which looks like the 800… ;) What's more, WP has the same old interface from the beginning (except for resizable tiles and an additional row).
12. Sathishkumars (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
Grow up kid ;) 820 is quite different from other Lumia models. moreover 929 is rumoured to be metal chasing rather than polycorbonate.
Oh wait !! what about iCrap and Samdungs Galaxieeeeeeees ?
13. ihavenoname (Posts: 837; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Iphones look like iphones, samsungs look like samsungs and lumias look like shi... No sorry lumias.
14. Sathishkumars (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
Huh!! People well aware who won the best design award ;)
22. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2501; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
What's wrong with that❔... Have you ever heard of the iPhone❔
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1871; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I want this phone everywhere coz this is what we want a 1520 in a 5" screen size.
16. pablo199730 (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Dec 2013)
Hello I'm selling my Nokia Lumia 929 if you're interested contact. Me on firstname.lastname@example.org
21. mottykels (Posts: 361; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Oh mega watermark! I cant see anything GOSH!
25. terabyteRouser (Posts: 396; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'm not one to complain much about Verizon's logo branding on phones. Usually it's not a big deal but this... on this phone, looks pretty bad.
It's bunched in the corner without proper spacing to balance the look, like NOKIA logo and it looks really hodgepodge. You can clearly tell that the designers of the phone had no intention to have that space filled with text. Hopefully you can scrape it off somehow.