Minecraft on Gear VR? Yes, says Microsoft
1. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
At least, this will be the only Microsoft project to not flop badly like Windows Phone.
I'm waiting forward to try one.
5. Wiencon (Posts: 1814; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Surely Windows and Office are enormous flops
2. drunkenjay (Posts: 860; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
I guess kids will go "somewhat" crazy for the vr's since minecraft is for the younger generations if im correct.
3. drunkenjay (Posts: 860; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Ill rephrase my statement. Great for the younger demographic.
4. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
I'm worried if the S6/S7 will be able to play the full version as minecraft can be pretty taxing on the system, especially a mobile one. Not sure about the pocket edition though.
6. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 450; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Maybe they will have some kind of streaming that requires a windows pc to crunch data and the Gear VR app more as display. Makes sense from a business perspective.
7. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
Nah, I don't think that's it. Gear VR is supposed to be and marketed as mobile VR. For real gaming using a desktop, there is oculus and vive already.
My assumption would be that they will optimise it/make a less intensive version with lower graphical requirements(obviously lower quality too).
9. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 450; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
It would be a cool concept though and seeing it's MS would be a reason for them to tie it to Windows somehow... The PC is used for keeping track of the full minecraft world and related calculations and the Minecraft app displays a subset at a time.
8. Shocky (unregistered)
I just hope they optimize performance for the devices this will be available on, Exynos 7420 struggles with Minecraft at 1440p, VR doesn't work to well with a crappy framerate.