LG used its G Pro 2 to photograph the northern lights, here are the results
To show us what the G Pro 2’s camera can do, LG organized a trip to Canada, more exactly to Yellowknife - a city famous for offering fantastic views of the northern lights (also known as aurora borealis). LG carried a handful of G Pro 2 smartphones to the Northwest Territories, and used them to photograph the northern lights. You can see the results in the slideshow below.
Northern lights photographed with LG's G Pro 2 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
Northern lights photographed with LG's G Pro 2
While we can’t help wondering how Nokia’s Lumia 1020 and its PureView technology would fare in these conditions, we admit that the G Pro 2’s camera did a pretty awesome job. We should add, though, that the photos were shot using tripods - as you'll notice in this video (in Korean):
LG will have the G Pro 2 on display at MWC 2014 next week, and we’re looking forward to checking it out. The new smartphone, which runs Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box, will be launched in South Korea tomorrow, February 21, with an international roll out to follow starting March.
source: LG - Flickr (translated)
1. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
Amazing photos courtesy of an amazing phone.
9. LiyanaBG (Posts: 232; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
this is LG's year design wise and now they got a great camera
15. LGisgood (Posts: 134; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
LG G pro2 is the best phone in the World!
i love its design better than G2!
19. iyngr (Posts: 51; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
Though the G PRo 2 maybe good. I'll not buy any LG devices cause my G Pro is still stuck at 4.1.2 they have the worst Update Support and with Locked Bootloaders.
24. SupermanayrB (Posts: 104; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I plan on winning it at work like I did with the Optimus G Pro & G2. I traded the G Pro to get my Note 3 & sold the G2 on the Bay. This one will be a back up prone.
2. ScottSchneider (Posts: 229; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
If you have an OIS+, then y do u need a tripod...
3. Nexus4lifes (Posts: 8; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
It's hard enough to stand in that cold, let alone holding a phone at a certain angle for long time..
Btw why are you so negative in your thinking... do you use wp by any chance?
12. ScottSchneider (Posts: 229; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
I use the phone in ur profile name...
18. Krjal (Posts: 17; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
Even dslrs with optical stabilisation need a tripod for long exposures. Anything more than a second and you get blurring just from the natural movement of your body.
8. hurrycanger (Posts: 417; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
This makes me want a G Pro 2 so much...
11. Jason2k13 (Posts: 464; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
ok now let a normal person take the pictures, and not LG workers and lets see the results plz.
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5152; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
+1. If it were me, and I was spending $ to go to Yellowknife to take pics of the aurora borealis, I would be packing along something like a Canon PowerShot G16 or Sony RX100. Nothing against the LG, it is just not competitive with dedicated cameras like the Canon or Sony.
13. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1176; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Looks good, I would like to see the quality,of the 4k video recording
16. LGisgood (Posts: 134; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
LG is the BEST IN THE WORLD!
17. mr.techdude (Posts: 417; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
If this is good then oh my how much better can lg3 get.
20. Jishnusur (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
If this is not their flagship phone of this year, just imagine what would it be?! :D
22. LGisgood (Posts: 134; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
G3 shall be wiped out s5 & iphone6 's performance
25. SupermanayrB (Posts: 104; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Yup. I barely won the G2 because of the launch of the 5S. The G Pro I couldn't keep in the store. Hopefully it's the same for this phone.
26. benson123456789 (Posts: 11; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
i want to know if it has the face tracking feature with the power button light, like the Lg g flex