LG G Pro 2 to join the 6-inch club next month, 3 GB RAM and KitKat in tow
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's not what she said literally lol. But even if it has 6 inch screen, LG will shrink the bezels and make it look like a 5.7 inch phone (same size as the Note 3).
11. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I own the the first G Pro and love it but my hand hurts from holding the 5.5 inches of screen. Now imagine how much it hurts more with 6 inches.
13. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Only Sumo wrestlers and King Kong will have no problem with holding a 6 inch phone or more.
16. jaytai0106 (Posts: 633; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yeah, big phones are good for taller/having bigger hand people. If you are at least 6 ft tall, a 5.5"+ screen would be pretty comfortable in your hand. I have smaller hand for my height and using Nexus 4 with one hand is annoying... Why does LG has to make their phones with wider screen ratio...
21. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1803; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You can only keep shrinking bezels so much. The Note 3 already has pretty small bezels too. Keep in mind that while the G2 (5.2") has smaller bezels than the S4 (5"), it's still bigger in all dimensions. In other words, there is very little chance that the G2 Pro will be the same size as the Note 3.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
6 inches with Full HD is a bit under-whelming. But 6 inches with QHD is another kettle of fish. Especially if everything else about the phone is high-end.
27. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
5 inch phone is too small for me - 6 inch is nice - but, I ordered a 7 incher....
2. Duketytz (Posts: 83; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
What is the craze with overly-large phones these days?
5. Desmund (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
Better Screens basically I think 5.5 should be cut-off, but looking back at my old Atrix I was always like it did have a small screen after awhile.
9. Suo.Eno (Posts: 74; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Because people would rather not carry an extra, larger tablet to cover their otg online needs w/ something that can still make, receive calls and sms.
I would have thought that's obvious by now this point in time.
12. Whateverman (Posts: 3157; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I thought it was kinda silly to use a phone bigger than 4.3 inches, but I had to have eye surgery a couple years ago and while recovering I found smaller screens really hard to see. There a started using the Note, feel in love with it and can't see myself going back to anything smar smaller.
3. MarkArigayo (Posts: 117; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Ummm......, it's still rumor anyway. But, I'm pretty sure the LG G Pro2 will much better than Note 3 in many aspects.
8. jackson_kaeluen (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
LG better bring this to Malaysia. Until now, the Nexus 5 and LG G2 STILL not available at Malaysia, in the market.
10. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't get your hopes high, there's a low chance that LG will bring their new phones to Malaysia. LG tried to bring the Optimus G, Optimus G Pro, Nexus 4 to Malaysia but sadly almost no one is interested, many of them buy Samsung and Apple. So, do you think LG will still bring their new phones to Malaysia? I will say probably not, LG will make a big loss in smartphone sales in our country since many people in our country are all into Samsung and Apple.
If the G2 is available in our country few months ago, I would've buy it. But in case you don't know, the G2 is now available in our country but it's not officially released by LG, it's imported. But I'm not gonna buy it because the G Pro 2 and the G3 is coming.
Nevertheless, I hope that LG will bring the G3 and G Pro 2 to our country.
19. jackson_kaeluen (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Yea! Agreed with that. I also just hope that it will bring the G Pro 2 and G3
14. Arirank (Posts: 33; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Was tht right ??? They were came here (Indonesia) as soon as they available in europe..
15. COZMAN (Posts: 94; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
This has become a joke . Soon we will be also able to use it as a surf board...LG is making
the same mistake as many. Too much too soon. Leave the customer wanting more
for a while and let them enjoy their G2 first.
20. KParks23 (Posts: 395; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
This phone has nothing to do with the g2 people interested in the g2 most likely will not be interested in the pro there completely different phones!
22. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1803; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Completely different phones? Explain to me what is so different between the two besides their sizes.
17. Gemmol (Posts: 403; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
My my my bring it on I love phones 6 inch and up....... I would love to see that display in person
23. isprobi (Posts: 98; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I would like to have one device as a phone and a tablet. My current LG O G Pro 5.5 infh screen is just a bit too small for web surfing so 6 inches may do the trick. But I also like what I hear about the Sonly replacement for the Z1. In the end it may come down to which one AT&T picks up. And also whether the LG still has removable battery.
24. V1nC3 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Stop with the size of the screen, there is one thing that is sure, the screen is full HD (for the D830) See the UAP.
26. TruPatriot (Posts: 55; Member since: 27 May 2013)
You geniuses crying about the screen size understand nothing about market segments and business. The people who want to buy the Note 3 or G Pro 2 are completely different than you and your tiny hands and lame iPhones.
Further, the true measure of a screen has more to do with Length X Width than just a diagnal measurement. The LG G2 is far too narrow to even be considered for purchase by some people, yet because it is longer it gets a 5.2" screen measurement. It can be misleading and until the actual phone is out you should quit your crying.
28. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yeahhh, way to tell these people...anyways, I own a Nexus 7 and I am buying a Carpad 9976A 7 inch tablet - here are both dimensions:
185X104X7.6mm - 7.28346 X 4.09 X 0.30 in
198.5X120X10.56mm = 7.81 X 4.72 X 0.42 in
Top one is the carpad model....