LG G Flex to get 4K video with Android 4.4 update
You might recall that last week, we passed along a mod from an XDA member that allows an LG G2 running stock Android 4.4, to shoot both 4K video and 120fps slow motion. Keep in mind that the 4K video feature for the LG G Flex will not require you to do anything but update the phone to Android 4.4.
User Agent profile reveals 4K video for the LG G Flex after update to Android 4.4
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
1. Kishin (Posts: 647; Member since: 30 May 2013)
If G2 can record 120fps so can the G Flex..
Glad to hear about 4K though..
4. fzacek (Posts: 2224; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Not really, the G Flex is a little more low end than the G2 in most areas.
6. jellmoo (Posts: 704; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Er... not really. The only area where it is any lower is the screen resolution. Other than that, they are almost identical (heck, the G Flex actually has a larger battery and USB 3.0).
10. Kishin (Posts: 647; Member since: 30 May 2013)
But the pricing is for premium devises only..
2. phljcnth (Posts: 295; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It's rather useless if you will usually do the playback on a 6" 720p display.
3. Reeyawn (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
If the G Flex will have 4k the G2 should have also had 4k with the 4.4 update. I dont understand why LG didnt put it in the G2. Not that I really need 4k yet. Would have been nice to have that feature though.
5. fzacek (Posts: 2224; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
The G2 will get both 4K and 120 FPS video recording.
7. egbtmagus (Posts: 58; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Um... the G Flex can already shoot video in 4K, it doesn't need 4.4 to do it.
You really need better sources...
8. profdodo (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Mar 2014)
G Flex already shoot 4K video since in Jelly Bean. I read G Flex's review in TeknoUp.com
9. wargreymon (Posts: 182; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Most G Flex have 4K recording, but a few carries don't. Guess they will get it with KK.