Here is where around your home an iPhone is most likely to be damaged
So if you've ever dropped your iPhone in the toilet, rest assured that you're not alone. In fact, about 9% of iPhone owners have done it, according to SquareTrade. As a whole, about 16% of all iPhone-related accidents that take place at the user's home occur in the bathroom. And what's also pretty interesting is that 5% of those who own (or once owned) iPhones were unfortunate enough to put their smartphone in the washing machine by accident.
Want to learn even more? Then the entire inforgraphic is available below. Feel free to check it out, and in case your iPhone has also been damaged accidentally, do not hesitate to share your story with us down in the comments.
source: SquareTrade via Mashable
iPhone accidents and where they happen the most Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
1. darkkjedii posted on 16 Oct 2012, 07:38 7 1
I treat mine with lots of care, and keep it away from water.
13. Topcat488 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:14 1 1
Hasn't Apple figured it out yet, that maybe these are not accidents... I mean the phone is not given the name icrap for nothing... :(
2. PapaSmurf posted on 16 Oct 2012, 07:42 2 0
What were these people before they dropped their phone in toilet?
6. kellkeezy posted on 16 Oct 2012, 08:20 2 0
My friend had her's in her back pocket and slipped out and fell in a port-o-potty
8. eisenbricher posted on 16 Oct 2012, 08:29 3 0
Tell her to remove it after 6 months from that sewage tank. It should remain in working condition, 'kay? Tried and tested by a very trusted site with positive result.
10. PAPINYC (limited) 5 days ago posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:42 2 1
Hey, don't criTiCiZe, it happened to me. I inadvertently dropped my iPhone 4 in eau de toiLet last year after mother nature came-a-callin' and iWent-a-runnin'!! In a feverish frenzy to drop my drawers, iDropped my iPhone instead and then dropped mother nature on top. I used a clothes hanger (not the Mommy Dearest kind, the wire kind) to scoop it out of the loo. My only recourse to try and salvage it was to place it in the wash because FaceTime™ was now FaceGriMe™; I guess I fall into the 9 and 5 percentiLe, respectively. Good thing I had Verizon insurance through Assurion; I was upgraded to an iPhone 4S. I guess sh¡t happens for a reason.
3. rusticguy posted on 16 Oct 2012, 07:43 2 1
Would be interesting to see a comparison with other phones :)
4. wendygarett posted on 16 Oct 2012, 07:49 1 6
All of my 5 iPhone shattered outside my home (road) but still functional, and yeah my 4th iphone is because on top of the car :D
5. lyndon420 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 08:07 6 0
Can't life wait long enough for you to have a piss without texting or facebook?
7. eisenbricher posted on 16 Oct 2012, 08:20 3 2
This happens with every phone. Not only iPhones...
12. android_sucks posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:14 0 2
Yes, but iPhone is the only phone that matters.
15. eisenbricher posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:47 0 1
You just woke me up from a long dream where newly developed androids helped people day by day, while a certain flower never closed itself and never allowed its pollen grains to spread, just to rot away. Yeah, thanks for that ;P
16. android_sucks posted on 16 Oct 2012, 13:55 0 2
I am here to make sure that fandroids are brought into the reality of things......you're welcome ;-)
24. android_sucks posted on 16 Oct 2012, 22:20 0 0
I'm not an android hater....I just don't like lag.
23. android_sucks posted on 16 Oct 2012, 22:19 0 1
Your mother did not make a reply on here....why are you addressing her?
14. Robert235 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:39 1 1
This apple's secret plot to make iphone users to do stupid stuff with their phone to buy a new one.
17. denied911 (banned) posted on 16 Oct 2012, 14:10 0 0
iphone owners are stupid to do this things to mobile phone
18. ElektronicGeek91 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 15:19 1 0
I thought an iphone can last in water for 6months like the one that was in the lake...ahaha Iphoney!!
22. RandomlyPsychotic posted on 16 Oct 2012, 19:43 0 0
I'm guilty being that 12% who's ruined their iPhone with Coffee....lols...at...Starbucks.