HTC ThunderBolt gets Gingerbread within the next few months
When the HTC ThunderBolt launched some 11 days ago, it arrived with Android 2.2 Froyo, which wasn't bad, of course, but still had some room for improvement. An update to Gingerbread was pretty much expected at some point in the future, it was only a matter of time before we stumble upon a tip on the matter. Moreover, it is always great to hear the news from a trustworthy source that an HTC representative is.
source: Droid Life via Unwired View
1. mmgbmt posted on 28 Mar 2011, 10:31 4
HTC promises a lot of things, i wouldnt get to hyped up about it.
6. Raptorjesus posted on 28 Mar 2011, 11:32 6
In fact HTC is one of the best Carriers out there to get their updates. Considering...Now Samsung...tsk tsk tsk
2. jogutier posted on 28 Mar 2011, 10:42 3
I can't believe how desperate PhoneArena is getting. Hey PhoneArena, the State lottery told me to buy more tickets and I'll hit the jackpot. Can I have my owne article too? LMFAO!
9. queen (unregistered) posted on 28 Mar 2011, 13:50 5
Don't be stupid. How are they desperate? Its a software update that some people are actually interested in. If you didn't care, why did you post in the first place?
13. jogutier posted on 28 Mar 2011, 16:45 1
@ queen Ok, so when it doesn't happen "in the next few months." I'll be LMFAO @ you. IDIOT! O' by the way. If you jump off the Golden Gate Bridge you some how develope wings. Why don't you give it a try. You read it here on PhoneArena. It must be true. LOL!
14. Hallucinator posted on 28 Mar 2011, 16:59 1
Yep, you're still and idiot. You feeble attempts at humor amuse no one but you.
15. jogutier posted on 28 Mar 2011, 17:56 1
@Hallucinator Get your thumb out your but and smell it. LOL!
16. aztaxia12295 posted on 28 Mar 2011, 18:11 1
screw off ur very annoying
17. jogutier posted on 29 Mar 2011, 17:08 1
@ Hallucinator, atleast I know how to correctly spell what I'm trying to say. and=an Dumb @$$
18. the dirt mcgirk (unregistered) posted on 23 May 2011, 13:26 0
wow... sounds like jogutier needs to STFU. really? nothing better to do with your time than spout obscenities on here? how old are you? 12?
3. Rich (unregistered) posted on 28 Mar 2011, 10:43 0
what exactly is gingerbread?
5. sscorp99 posted on 28 Mar 2011, 11:31 11
Its a rich spicy cake like cookie that you can build houses out of.....LOL
10. CRICKETownz posted on 28 Mar 2011, 14:28 1
its also one of the starring characters in the movie Shrek...
8. fleanote posted on 28 Mar 2011, 12:46 6
You guys do a lot of complaining over subject content, but you return to this site like news-starved zealots and read every post to determine just how 'not newsworthy' it is. Looks liek Phone Arena is doing something right - feeding you so you can continue to complain about the portions.
11. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 28 Mar 2011, 15:27 2
Droid x and incredible are both getting 2.3 soon yes I would say the thunderbolt getting 2.3 is news worthy considering how much the Droid xs performance has increased with the update.
12. Rider-X (unregistered) posted on 28 Mar 2011, 16:41 0
Big deal. I've been running Gingerbread on my OG Droid since last Thursday.